altered consciousness ?

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

altered consciousness ?

Post by hydro1 » September 24th, 2012, 8:15 pm

I've always wondered what does it feel like when you alter your consciousness...when it has happened i never paid attention to it cause i don't know what to look or feel for in the first place and i'm still not sure....but i been doing this yogic breathing called pranayama..where you hold your nose and breathe in hold then pump your chest then breathe out other nose....as i was doing it this sort of dizzy feeling came over me like a faint feeling...then my vision blurred a little...and it made me wonder is this how it feels to alter your consciousness....for the week i've done it i haven't had no exps of AP or LD..but i am going to try meditation afterwards tonight to see what happens...what are you posed to do after pranayama?
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: altered consciousness ?

Post by Jettins \o/ » September 24th, 2012, 8:39 pm

I am not too familiar with the subject. But from what I've read it is recommended to do meditation after the pranayama session and that it can help achieve astral projection. The effects you felt have to do with increased oxygen to your brain. MeditationTime forum talks about that.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » September 24th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Wait a min but i've heard you mention many times in your exps that you do pranayama...i was really trying to get your opinion on this whole thing in the first place...i had seen a video on youtube on how to do it and i noticed it was something you did..which is why i tried it after the vid...i seen others who posted with it too but i really was counting on your expertice in it...but i guess you do a differ pranayama then i do....i know i'm not tripping i know i've seen you post it with your exps....welll can you at least tell me what it feels like to alter consciousness...plz or find someone who can on meditationtime :(
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » September 24th, 2012, 11:24 pm

I do pranayama and asanas, but I am not familiar with the subject to be any kind of teacher of this. I don't follow this religiously, I do it to assist in improving my dream cycles when I feel the need for it. I've had great success as you have read. Positive changes in my body and mind always help.

For me pranayana is another way of tuning my body and mind to synchronize them if I feel there is a disconnect. I will judge by my dreams and how easy I may be able to enter and re-enter them. I follow what I've read in a book. I can't comment on the sensations you mentioned because I haven't felt them. Besides, I don't like to just repeat things I've read if I don't feel I am qualified to do so.

I would recommend you to read an entire book on the subject, not just a few posts. I can share the book I read with you if your interested. Inside you will find the routine that I do.

Regarding the altered consciousness question I can tell you all about it as it relates to astral projection, but not when doing breathing exercises, taking enthogens, smoking pot, sniffing glue, drinking beer or any other way of altering consciousness. :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » September 25th, 2012, 9:25 am

Well i do have a meditation and yoga book that talk about it...but i don't mind reading the book you have....i barely understand the book i have...thats why i looked it up on youtube and this guy was demostrating the techniques and what to do...but i'm not good with the counts that they do....so i do the method seven times...then pump chest 20 to30 times and then keep doing it like that....lastn i had no exp...but i was able to re enter my dream at least twice cause i kept waking up....but after a while i started thinking i was just making the stuff up as i went that they were only redoing it cause it was forced..it just felt forced on my part..the people acted as i wanted them to not like they were before re entering...or is that how re entering supose to go?
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » September 25th, 2012, 7:54 pm

Ok, it's a PDF book, but you will need a computer to read it, or does your phone have a PDF viewers?