Do Animals Souls or Spirits exist in the Astral Realms?

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Do Animals Souls or Spirits exist in the Astral Realms?

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 8th, 2012, 9:12 pm

I've had several very interesting experiences with animals While in the non-physical. At times animals have morphed into human forms and at others I've morphed into animal forms, and other times I've seen animals go about their activities in the realms. So it is not a question if Animal like Forms can exist in the Astral Realm, of course they can, The interesting question is how to identify independent existence of Animal Souls.

It is difficult to really say what the origin of these entities are regardless of the form. Is it really an animal or is it only expressing itself that way? Is it primarily a projection of our own psychological self (dream character), or (and) are there psychic elements in these visions? Are these animals souls really there? Well, now that I have the interesting questions out,I would be forced to say that I cannot know for sure. As they could all be true, partially true or mostly wrong, depending on the kind of experience. The accuracy of these experiences will best be determined by the one who experienced it. Being able to identify these will take time and many experiences with a lucid mentality, intention and purpose to realize this knowledge for oneself, and even if one does, it might be faulty at times. The only thing left to do is to compare my experiences with what others have experienced and see if there is any commonality, that is to ask if others have experienced animal entities and their interactions with them. I will do my part and state some of my views in this post.

Let me tell you about the difficulty of trying to answer this question rationally. In the Astral, expectation plays an essential part on how things are experienced. The dynamic aspect of the Astral Realms is due to consciousness and is ever changing state. It would be nearly impossible for me to be certain about animal soul or animal entities venturing freely in the Astral Realms, unless I analyze their behavior. Would a dog talking to me in the Astral Realms be proof that animals have souls and it always tried to communicate it? Would barking the same way, moving its tail in just the same way prove to me it is the soul of my dog if i see it in the Astral Realms? We can go in circles with this kind thinking, In my opinion it should never yield definite beliefs until something is clearly understood first...

Our experiences are entirely subjective, yes, there can be objectivity to them as when you encounter an entity (assuming this entity is a separate being), yet it is still subjective as it must be part of the interplay of your creation (the mechanism of our conscious and subconscious, multi-dimensionalily? to create metaphor or associated visual experience, aka. interpretation) in order for it to exist. In other words even having the information about its behavior is not sufficient since there is always wishful thinking that might get generated on the fly, sort of speak, even something that was not previously thought off might have subconscious presenting intentions and emotional reasons that easily generate experience. So analyzing the behavior of a particular animal entity, for example answering, does it behave like my old dog? does it behave like my crazy puddle dog? Cannot be sufficient in honestly concluding that an encounter with an Animal Spirit, Animal Entity, Animal Form, is your REAL dog as an ACTUAL independent entity or Soul in the Astral Realms.

In my experiences I do not have absolutes, in other words I do not know to be fact, yet I have had few experiences that are extremely probable to be of the independent souls venturing in the Astral Realms type. These where encounters with human spirits or souls that validated their origin with revelations. How would an animal spirit validate itself? Attempting to identify animal souls in the Astral Realm might be extra difficult to do, since in the Astral Realm spirits beings project their conscious abilities and potentials. In humans this would be language by means of speech, telepathic or other. In other words the human condition or human needs project into the Astral Realms, and as animals I would expect them to project the animal condition. This implies that they do not have the ability speak or generate thought unlike humans spirit would. So generating communication with an animal spirit would have to be predominantly emotional. In the Astral Realms this is not necessarily limiting, it is just different and it can take a life of its own, in terms of creative visual communication.

I am not an animal person It would be difficult for me to identify with an animal being at such a level, but I do not doubt that love and emotional bond can go beyond words and this too is a form of communication, specially in the Astral Realms.

This Post assumes animal spirit entities exist, have limited growth potential and conscious evolution that do not parallel those of human spirits. That is to say that animal souls do not have higher selves or evolving selves. If this assumption is incorrect, then this writing would be incomplete. It also assumes that Independent Animal Spirit Entities can exist and the best way to identify them is by what they revile at the emotional level of communication.

Only someone who experiences would be able to conclude.

This other post is related to this topic....
non-physical-reality/how-shapeshift-t286.html <--How to successfully Shapeshift

I will write the actual experiences in a different post.

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

PauliEffect
Initiate
count: 20

Re: Do Animals Souls or Spirits exist in the Astral Realms?

Post by PauliEffect » January 1st, 2013, 8:26 am

Jettins wrote: This Post assumes animal spirit entities exist, have limited growth potential and conscious
evolution that do not parallel those of human spirits. That is to say that animal souls do not
have higher selves or evolving selves. If this assumption is incorrect, then this writing
would be incomplete. It also assumes that Independent Animal Spirit Entities can exist
and the best way to identify them is by what they revile at the emotional level of
communication.
During one meditation session, I encountered an animal. I decided to just call it Almost-Turtle,
because it looked almost like a big turtle from Earth (it was probably _not_ from Earth).

Then I realized that Almost-Turtle was part of my I-There. It just showed itself to me, and
had a simpler animal intelligence than humans, but at the same time more of something
else, perhaps wisdom?

Almost-Turtle was among all the humans in my I-There.

I've also done one retrieval of a being somewhere between animal and human.
The being was female. I called that being Glass Cat.

So who has "human spirit" and who has animal "spirit"?

Where do you draw the line?

:)

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » January 2nd, 2013, 9:34 am

Here's an interesting view on the subject according to The Spirit's Book.

"(...)we might say-and it would, perhaps, be the best plan to adopt-vital soul for the principle of material life, intellectual soul for the principle of intelligence, and spiritual soul for the principle of our individuality after death ; in which case the vital soul would be common to all organic beings, plants, animals, and men ; the intellectual soul would be the peculiar property of animals and men ; and the spiritual soul would belong to men only"

(...)

"597. Since the animals have an intelligence which gives them a certain degree of freedom of action, is there, in them, a principle independent of matter?
"Yes; and that survives their body."
- Is this principle a soul, like that of man?
"It is a soul, if you like to call it so; that depends on the meaning you attach to this word. But it is inferior to that of man. There is, between the soul of the animals and that of man, as great a difference as there is between the soul of man and God."

598. Does the soul of the animals preserve, after death, its individuality and its self- consciousness?
"It preserves its individuality, but not the consciousness of its me. The life of intelligence remains latent in them."

599. Has the soul of the beasts the choice of incarnating itself in one kind of animal rather than in another?
"No; it does not possess free-will."

600. As the soul of the animal survives its body, is it, after death, in a state of erraticity, like that of man?
"It is in a sort of erraticity, because it is not united to a body; but it is not an errant spirit. The errant spirit is a being who thinks and acts of his own free-will; but the soul of the animal has not the same faculty, for it is his self-consciousness which is the principal attribute of the spirit. The soul of the animal is classed after its death, by the spirits charged with that work, and almost immediately utilised; it has not the leisure to enter into connection with other creatures."

601. Do animals follow a law progress like men?
"Yes; and it is for this reason that, in the higher worlds 111 which men are further advanced, the animals are more advanced also, and possess more developed means of communication. But they are always inferior to man, and subject to him; they are, for him, intelligent servitors."
There is nothing unreasonable in this statement. Suppose that our most intelligent animals, the dog, the elephant, the horse, were furnished with a bodily conformation appropriate to manual labour, what could they not do under the direction of man?

602. Do animals progress, like man, through the action of their will, or through the force of things?
"Through the force of things; this is why there is, for them, no expiation."

603. Have the animals, in the higher worlds, a knowledge of God?
"No; man is a god for them, as spirits were formerly gods for men."

604. The animals, even the advanced ones of the higher worlds, being always inferior to man, it would seem as though God had created intellectual beings condemned to a perpetual inferiority such an arrangement does not appear to be in accordance with the unity of design and of progress discernible in all His works.

Everything in nature is linked together by an enchaining which your intellect cannot yet seize; and things apparently the most discrepant have points of contact at the comprehension of which man will never arrive in his actual state. He may obtain a glimmering of them through an effort of his intelligence; but it is only when that intelligence shall have acquired its full development, and shall have freed itself from the prejudices of pride and of ignorance, that he will be able to see clearly into the work of God; until then, his narrowness of thought causes him to look at every thing from a low and petty point of view. Know that God cannot contradict Himself, and that everything in nature is harmonised by the action of general laws that never deviate from the sublime wisdom of the Creator."
- Intelligence, then, is a common property, and a point of contact, between the soul of the beast and that of man?
"Yes, but the animals have only the intelligence of material life; in man, intelligence gives moral life."

The Spirit's Book page 266. It goes on with the subject, but I thought it would be too long to post everything here.

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » January 2nd, 2013, 9:43 am

Waldo Vieira had an AP in which he met an animal and had interesting observations about the role of animals, if my memory doesn't fail me.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » January 2nd, 2013, 3:30 pm

I like how you have all this information searchable in your computer. Thanks for the information. This is an old post of mine. I have a different take on this topic now.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » January 2nd, 2013, 4:01 pm

Hmmm. i only ran into an animal spirit once in my projections and it was my dog Socks, i have the exp posted in my journal somewhere. but i'm still having dificulty distinguishing if it were my dog or another entity or guide posing?cause the stuff me and my dog were going thru in the astral he didn't do when he was alive, but then again who knows what he was doing when we lost and couldn't find him cause he ran away we never found him after all these years. anyway i would love to hear your new found views on this subject jettins on animal spirits/souls.
Go hard or not at all

LPC
Neophyte
count: 320

Post by LPC » February 4th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Jettins \o/ wrote:I like how you have all this information searchable in your computer. Thanks for the information. This is an old post of mine. I have a different take on this topic now.
So what is your current "take" on the issue, then, J? Do you still regard animal souls as inferior to human ones, do you now regard them as identical ("souls are souls", full stop), or do you regard the whole concept of souls as incapable of meeting your desire for objective "proof"? I'm only asking....Have a lovely day.... :D

Echobreaker
Initiate
count: 17

Post by Echobreaker » February 5th, 2014, 12:05 am

I did meet what looked like an anthropomorphic deer woman in one experience. Honestly, I wish I could meet her again.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » February 5th, 2014, 10:06 pm

heh I met my own dog in and experience , he talked and everything. Imho souls are souls nothing less than. they are all equal to one another none is better then the other, the only thing that may set us apart are our experiences, but we are all headed in the same direction.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 8th, 2014, 4:07 pm

LPC wrote:So what is your current "take" on the issue, then, J? Do you still regard animal souls as inferior to human ones, do you now regard them as identical ("souls are souls", full stop), or do you regard the whole concept of souls as incapable of meeting your desire for objective "proof"? I'm only asking....Have a lovely day.... :D
Hello LPC,

I don’t know how to answer this based on my astral experiences because I can’t be sure what is meant by the word “soul” to be honest, and I rather not re-define this word. I’ll just leave it as it stands in the religious literature. But I don’t’ want to be coy, so if you like, go ahead and be more specific.

In my humble opinion, yes, humble. I recognize that having lots of information to share could make me inevitably sound arrogant when I’m not being apologetic about it - and it seems to me that dogs also have an astral body. It is differently developed because the canine brain is different than that of a human and yet they can still exist in proximity to one another in the astral dimensions. I might have encountered these kinds of spirits although some of them have appeared to look like animals when it was actually a human, so it's not self-evident unless one considers their state and location.

You reminded me of #232. I did a quick search for the name in the logs. It was a spirit being that transformed himself from a black greyhound dog to a Hispanic looking man. He said his name was “Menendez”. If I hadn’t seen the transformation with my own astral eyes I could have thought it was just a dog. Others have initially appeared plant like until I approach for an inquiry, that is, if there was something about it that called my awareness to do so.