Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 7:18 am

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 7:18 am

Anomalies in dreams – How to use them

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 9th, 2012, 5:44 pm

The key is to realize that we are dreaming when we experience anomalies in dreams. When you wake up, go over the dream in your mind and ask yourself which was the anomalous part. Then say to yourself “ah yes, that was the anomalous part, I should become aware of that” then imagine yourself taking a different course of action as you re-thinking and visualize the dream memory. You can do it during any kind of strange or bizarre occurrence for example. What could I have done instead as it was happening? Create a different outcome; the new story may then help to slightly increase the probability of making you lucid the next time something similar where to happen.

The reason why this works is because it is very powerful to imagine the action of changing our behavior of something we already experienced, as oppose to changing the behavior of something we haven’t experienced. This is a slow process and requires having a real interest in dream memories so that it can finally sink in into deeper aspects of our being. Note to self: Question my anomalies.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Re: Anomalies in dreams – How to use them

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Posted by Mibeloved Originally located @ http://meditationtime.grou.ps/talks/7110338" wrote:To deal with this in kriya yoga, a totally different approach is used but your system above is valid for the astral projectors since the objective there is different.

Here is what is done in kriya yoga. After having a dream which is remembered and where one realized that one’s behavior was not up to par, the student then meditates on the circumstance again and tries to go over the incidence in detail.

Once this is rehashed properly, the student then studies in meditation to identify the part of the psyche which operated that type of behavior. The student also must sort as to why the core-self with that part of the psyche did not exhibit a desired behavior and instead operated a behavior which is undesirable and below par.

Was it because the adjunct psychic organ which issues discrimination was absent at the time, like for instance when a person is sleepwalking.

If it was absent, where was it located and which system disconnected it from the core-self?

Is the core-self incapable of discrimination when it is not supported by that discrimination-supplying adjunct?

This is the approach used in kriya yoga practice, because the primary concern is with what is in the subtle body rather than what is outside of it in the astral environments.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

BonneNuit
Neophyte
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby BonneNuit » October 10th, 2012, 9:51 pm

yes that make sense alot

thank you for the tip I will use them :)

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » October 11th, 2012, 3:14 pm

The best thing in my case is to use one of them like i said in my case its school cause thats all i been dreaming about...altho it hasn't worked but once...maybe we should create our own or bring out own...like the movie inception they used coins and other anomolies......and on an episode of american dad steve used a red ball as his...so yea the best thing is to bring your own thing...a coin would be best....cause if you spin it and it continues to spin forever then its a dream and vise versa.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 11th, 2012, 10:24 pm

The problem with the spin is that if at any point you doubt that it's not a dream then the result will be to experience your expectation, it will stop to spin. I think this is the reason why many "reality check" or "state check" can fail. I think it's best to bring one into practice that is quick and decisive, this will allow less time for doubt to be injected.

hydro1 wrote:maybe we should create our own or bring out own.

Yes, to embrace or own technique. It will help us to actually remember to do them.

Reality checks explained --> attaining-lucidity/failing-become-lucid-reality-checks-t469.html

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion