Last visit was: June 28th, 2017, 4:05 pm

It is currently June 28th, 2017, 4:05 pm

Astral Projection - An Extension of the Mind

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
light487
Neophyte

Postby light487 » November 13th, 2011, 7:15 pm

I had a realisation about projection on reflection of my most recent OBE experience. I've had thoughts of this before but this experience has only increased the belief of it.

Essentially, we never actually "leave the body".. what happens is that we extend our awareness and then focus it on a specific point along that extended boundary of our awareness. I've spoken about this before on AstralPulse so for the sake of this forum, I will explain it again.

When we are in our waking state, physically, we have a sphere of awareness. There is an outer and inner sphere. The outer sphere is basically as far as you can see, hear, smell. It can be as little as a few metres to as far as the horizon or even further in the case of an explosion or loud noise over the horizon. Essentially it is ability to be aware of external stimulus, this is the boundary/limit of the outer sphere/shell of our physical awareness. Then there is the inner sphere/shell.. actually I like the word shell more.. so I will use that term instead. :)

The inner shell of awareness is where the immediate point of our consciousness is. This can be directly felt with our sense of touch and taste. It can be seen visually by looking down at our body and perceived as where our "self" is behind our eyes. The space between the inner shell and the outer shell is our perceived "reality" or our realm of awareness.

Now, take that inner shell and extend it not so much outward in a sphere but more like a bubble that is stretching away like an arm. There is a movie, I think it's called Abyss, where there are some water based creatures and they can extend their form, like a tube of water, and at the end of that extended tube of water is the point of awareness; where they can see through eyes and all that stuff.

So when you are projecting.. this is essentially what you are doing. You are extending your inner shell out like a tube of consciousness and on the end of that "stalk" of consciousness is your conscious mind. You are still very much a part of your body, it is fully integrated with your self/soul/whatever, just that through projection you are able to move your awareness outwards away from your physical body.

light487
Neophyte

Postby light487 » November 13th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Oh.. I'd just like to point out that in some forms of Astral Projection, you could be going "inward" rather than "outward" but even then it is still an extension of the mind. Non-physical reality is not easily put into terms.. so inward can be still the same as expansion if you know what I mean. This is basically tracking back along your true "stalk" which originates from the "source".. still an extension from your "current" point. Your physical form is an extension of your true self and so on and so forth.

Braveheart
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 20

Postby Braveheart » November 13th, 2011, 10:17 pm

Well explained and interesting perspective. I won't agree nor disagree because I honestly can't :lol:

Although, I'd like to note that some of my experiences weren't purely from Me. Sometimes an experience may derive from from an external source not linking to your Outer Shell or Inner.
"God help thee, old man, thy thoughts have created a creature in thee; and he whose intense thinking thus makes him a Prometheus; a vulture feeds upon that heart for ever; that vulture the very creature he creates."

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » November 14th, 2011, 7:07 am

Interesting perspective. Have you guys heard the latest on Michael Persinger's research and evidence for telepathy? Perhaps we are all connected and there is not need to leave the body at all - in fact this could just be a trick of the mind every time. Perhaps the pineal gland absorbs external electromagnetic data (during an OOBE) which is then translated by the brain and a model is created from our mental playdoh into something that we can understand.

This seems a little far-fetched at first but not so much when you consider the pineal microcrystals which appear to be piezoelectric. That way, we can get both internal and external data (more internal because it is closer to home) and it could explain seemingly telepathic and precognitive experiences as well as shared dreaming. :ugeek: :mrgreen:

uMonk

Postby uMonk » November 14th, 2011, 8:33 am

Have you guys heard the latest on Michael Persinger's research and evidence for telepathy?

Hes about 2500 years behind patanjali, but latest for him i guess :D Thanks for the name, watching his youtube videos now.

Braveheart
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 20

Postby Braveheart » November 14th, 2011, 5:13 pm

Summerlander, that makes a lot of sense. Especially because obviously the inner experiences are more frequent being a result of such inactive dried up Pineal Glands. I believe in the Collective.
"God help thee, old man, thy thoughts have created a creature in thee; and he whose intense thinking thus makes him a Prometheus; a vulture feeds upon that heart for ever; that vulture the very creature he creates."

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » November 14th, 2011, 5:29 pm

Hello everyone,

Here is my reply to this post..
astral-projection/what-astral-projection-t216.html#p607

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

light487
Neophyte

Postby light487 » November 14th, 2011, 7:19 pm

The thing with all this discussion is it is all conceptual. Directionality, time and space and all that stuff aren't relevant to concepts.. so me saying it is inward or outward is only said with respect to trying to put into words the concept that is, by it's very definition, non-physical and not bound by directionality or time/space. :)

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » November 14th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Yes light487, I think most in this forum realized this, but for the sake of better expressing my ideas I tried to clarify that point.

Thanks for your thoughts, they put me to think :D

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion