Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 2:10 pm

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Astral Projection and Christianity

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Astral Projection and Christianity

Postby Jettins \o/ » March 5th, 2013, 2:23 am

Deuteronomy 18:9-12
New International Version (NIV)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+18%3A9-12&version=NIV

Occult Practices:

When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you.

--------------

Question from an online user:

I am seriously considering astral projection but wanted to hear what the bible says about it if its in there?

Then I read comments from christian forums:

It is a sad and frightening fact that people are fascinated with the secret or "occult" things that God has condemned (Deut. 18:9-12).

DON'T!! Astral projection is an occult practice. They enter the spiritual realm and 'go' without God's commissioning. It is an evil and wicked thing, especially when one that projects gos to another person and invades their privacy, their sleep, their peace. The occult uses it for the purpose of controlling people that they project to...to keep them weak, fearful and intimidated.

If anyone thinks playing with such things will not result in negative consequences to their lives ranging from serious oppression (nightmares, insomnia, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts) to outright demonic possession over time is deceiving themselves even as they are being deceived.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware of what you are thinking. If you are thining to do this means you are already searching into roads a Christian doesn't belong. In other words you most likely have already opened the doorway from hell its self. What you are speaking of is what witches and satanist do.

Many more located @ http://christianchat.com/bible-discussi ... ction.html

--------------
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Re: Astral Projection and Christianity

Postby Jettins \o/ » March 5th, 2013, 2:24 am

It's interesting to me that the christian heaven I went to during an astral projection experience wasn't afraid of someone like me. They where actually happy to see me. I think it's just an issue of perspective while in a physical body, when death is no longer occult (hidden) because they are actually dead, it is not longer a problem. My experiences have had the exact opposite effect than what is suggested here. If I run into a christian or non-christian that is in need of assistance while in the astral I will help them if I can, is this irony?

You can call astral projection experiences NDE with Jesus, or an Out-of-body experience with a saint and things are just fine. Isn't that fascinating?

What do you all make of it?
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » March 5th, 2013, 2:25 am

Dear beloved wrote:http://meditationtime.grou.ps/talks/7158765/
Ritual is an important part of the psyche development in this life. Most religions rely on some sort of ritual over time that eventually becomes instinct for the true followers of the religion. This ritual carries over into the afterlife and guides the spirit in the afterlife, at least initially. True Christians will probably find Jesus at the end of this life and a heavenly abode where he resides with like-minded followers. Religion does provide the 'roads' for one to go down and if you operate outside of these roads, then you are definitely going at your own risk and without the safety of the preestablished and surveyed routes. It does mean that it is more hazardous and you will have to be much more disciplined without the guidance of a community. You could go down a path and become utterly lost. Or you could do your homework and go down a path that leads to rewards of a different kind.

The folks in the Christian heaven that you went to during astral projection probably had no idea how you got there and assumed it was the same way they did. That's why they were happy... You wouldn't have gotten there without be attuned to the same frequency and dimension that they are on, so you will appear no different to them than themselves and they don't necessarily have the ability to discern your origin. In essence, having a set ritual provided through a religion and the community will lock you into that existence in the afterlife. It's not a bad thing at all and provides you with security and insurance when you die, so long as you are truly genuine in following the ritual and believing it. However, it also means that you cannot go back easily or change routes easily. It's a train on a set track. You have to be sure that it is heading in the direction you want before you get on board.

Thanks Dear Beloved. I just hope the bigotry as read in the above is not part of the ritual, and that it doesn't get then into other problems.

Dear Beloved wrote:Jettins, you are more hopeful than me...those statements above are definitely real beliefs for others. Here's the ironic part...belief can become reality in the astral world. So if one buys into the 'fear' and believes they will go to hell, then they are hopelessly caught until they can abandon that belief!

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Postby fairyana » March 5th, 2013, 7:55 am

Remember the soul Marylin Hughes met who was stuck because they believed they were bad, when they actually weren't? Your last post reminded me of that. But here's the thing, some people may practice all the Christian rituals, though their consciousness is really tuned into their ego and fears, while some people may practice Christian rituals but they are examples of love and tolerance and everything Jesus preaches. And this influences a lot how each one's afterlife is going to shape out. The biggest problem I see with Christianity is the "putting fear into people's head" regarding Astral Projection and other different forms of connecting to that higher consciousness system. So a person that can't help themselves, can't stop it from happening, may feel like they are doing something bad and may punish themselves for it. Like that man who said he had psychic powers that he didn't ask for, and since the Christian dogma said it was evil to have that, the guy was so worried for himself that he ended up developing cancer. Many illnesses are formed by a person's constant troubled thought. Troubled mind leads to non proper breathing which leads to chemical imbalance which leads to illnesses. If only his doctrine said, it was a gift from God and that it's Okay, that if you use it for good, for love, then it's Okay, the likelihood of him getting sick would have minimized. So it's really very sad that Christian dogmas can lead to this but it's the way they found to keep people away from other religions, though all road lead to the same God.

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » March 5th, 2013, 11:05 am

Just reading tholse posts disgust me...closed minded simpletons...makes me wanna aaaahhhh man. those type of mofos that would follow others instead of venture off of their own accord..they believe anything anyone else say as long as it deals with god...which is how the devil if real will decieve them....that brung so much hurt to my heart that they are so simple minded smh.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » March 5th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Thanks Fairyana, at the end of the day it depends on each individual.

I agree that not everyone holds the same exact ideals in the same way. Putting fear into people's head is a big problem these days, the main factor being ignorance. It reminds me about the book Otherwhere by Kurt Leland. He said that the more dogmatic religious believers needed a longer period of adjustment in the afterlife. Maybe he was referring to these types of people.

Hydro, to each their own. All I can really do when someone is committed into their beliefs is to hope them the best.

Have a great day!

tomcat941
Initiate

Postby tomcat941 » April 14th, 2013, 12:02 am

This is very interesting I think, as I remember when I first got into astral projection, I asked a question about it online and I got similiar results. It amazes me that people are so scared of the occult, when occult is just anything mysterious, and most humans are curious to find out things they do not know. To be fair, I am an atheist, so I must say that my opinion is going to be bias, but it is not intended to offend anyone. This view is written as if God is real, and is how he is portrayed in the bible. However, I'm aware that the bible is written by humans, so it's likely that it has been edited. Anyway, what I was going to say was that God reminds me of a dictator and there seems very little reason to belief that he is good and should be the moral compass of humanity, other than the fact he claims he is. In fairness, he gives no reason why these things are condemned, and you must wonder whether it is simply because it is an alternative route that could possible contradict him. Also, I would like to point out that satanists don't worship satan, but support the concept of satan representing humanity, which has its good and bad points. In fact, most satanists are atheists.
By the way, this is a fact that I heard once to do with the ancient concept of heaven and hell being next to each other as opposed to one being in the sky so to speak, and one beneath the ground. I couldn't help but wonder whether the concept had it's origin to do with the idea of higher and lower planes on the astral.

tomcat941
Initiate

Postby tomcat941 » April 14th, 2013, 12:03 am

Sorry, I just realized this topic is over a month old.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » April 15th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Hello Tomcat941,

You can resurrect a thread, this is not a problem. Readers can always benefit from your thoughts regardless.

You state that God reminds you of a dictator, and since you think a real God would not behave like this, then your saying there is no God? maybe your right.

Maybe since you started to go against the concept of a dictator god being real, then you had to conclude the opposite, which is to say God doesn't exist.

Maybe God doesn't exist, or maybe it's the definition of what God is that might need adjusting?

Thanks for the question!

Take care!

tomcat941
Initiate

Postby tomcat941 » April 16th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Okay, good to know :)
I'm not saying that God doesn't exist because I don't like how he is portrayed to be, because that would be narrow-minded and would be equivalent to closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears to prevent seeing and hearing something you don't like. The reason I lack belief in him is simply because of contradictions in the bible and the lack of evidence capable of convincing me. However, even if I found out God was real, I would need to know why he is good. I mean, just because someone says they are good, it doesn't make them so. It is their actions that define them. I actually believe that if God was real, then he wouldn't be a very nice person considering his actions in the bible, and also, looking at older gods, such as the greek gods, they don't seem to care about the humans, and actually tend to be quite horrible to them, and those that are nice, end up getting punished for helping the humans instead of the gods. Although, it's interesting that you say that you think that i think a real God would not behave like this, because really, what is the definition of a god? That's hard to define, so what about the definition of God? Still dificult, but I would say the main part is that he is the creator of everything. Which, is all good and all, but that doesn't mean he deserved to be worship just because he is more powerful than us. I just feel like some religious folks don't question anything enough, but then again, their religion is agaisnt questioning. I've noticed that most arguements (such as whether abortion should be legal, capital punishments etc.) include a religious side, but, should that really matter? Just because it says it in the bible, why does that make ti right? And astral projection. I'm pretty sure no one on here is evil. And i'm also sure that no one here uses astral projection for evil motives. I mean, why would astral projection and all these occult stuff be possible if God didn't want them to be? After all, he had to create them in the first plac, right? It just seems weird that people can claim something as wrong because 'it says so in the bible' but then can't explain why.

Next

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion