Beliefs traps that hinder spiritual growth?

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Beliefs traps that hinder spiritual growth?

Post by Jettins \o/ » April 15th, 2013, 7:26 am

First let me just say this is only my perspective.

I don't think it's the beliefs that trap or hindering spiritual growth, it's more complex than this.

All you have to ask is: Who are you?

The answer simplified is: The compilation of the memories of what you have Experienced, regardless.

Experiences = beliefs, yeah, even the experiences yielding the opposite or "no belief"

Our subconscious mind includes known and unknown beliefs and prejudices even before we open our mouth, so we can't rationalize ourselves out of our subconscious, one is just circling in it. New experience can add to this so that we have a larger pool of ideas to choice form.

To be true of "no belief" one would have to have no memory. In other words one would have to be non-existent or a machine. I shouldn't get deeper into the philosophy of it here.

I see the idea of "belief" being used in this forum to imply that somehow one would be more evolved if one un-believes the ideas of religion for example.

But then I remember what else you could be talked about? One would need the experience that proves otherwise right? "Not believing" in something one does not know won't take you higher spiritually simply because you do not know about it or haven't experienced it, it is the discovering of it that does, and it goes and goes... Have you all seen the folk in the astral that are trapped within their own focused awareness consensus reality? Even the idea of non-belief generating knew belief without them knowing about it?

You all want to be free from beliefs that hold you back? Well this is impossible. It's the troubleshooting of those believes that can potential take you up and up, and not the lack there off. A new reality then emerges into being that is more suited for your new gained perspective, and then it goes and goes peeling away like an onion... Layers of focused non-belief or belief based reality as it does not really matter. So what are you focusing on? This is your new gained perspective and it could be a good one, for now. One perspective is not necessarily better than the other.

So the question of "belief" hindering growth is a valid point, but this needs to be approached not as a front assault on it, but from a different angle. Notice I didn't use the word "love", as this is only a tool and not the psychological unfoldment or process in itself.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

tomcat941
Initiate

Re: Beliefs traps that hinder spiritual growth?

Post by tomcat941 » April 15th, 2013, 3:46 pm

That's an interesting point, but, I think that we don't choose what we believe in. I mean, regardless of whether what you believe in is based on experience or just a natural urge to believe in something greater than yourself (probably both), you still can't change a lot of that. You can get new experience that might contradict your old experiences, but you can't change your nature. Therefore, I think your belief isn't a conscious choice. For example, when I was young I was very religious. This was probably from growing up in a christian family and going to a catholic school and naturally seeking acceptance through religion. Plus, it made me feel special. However, I lost my belief. I can't say when exactly, or why. I just know that I started to drift, I had too many questions that couldn't be answers, I read the bible and realized that what i had thought was my religion was quite different, I couldn't control this. I could have ignored theses doubts, and pretended, but, what good would that do? I still wouldn't really believe.
My point is, I don't think that belief should be part of spiritual growth. I don't think you should focus too much on your believes anyway, especially when seeing a spiritual path that will open you up to more experience and therefore might alter your current beliefs. Although, it's quite possible that a none-belief could manifest a reality in the astral based on the belief of the none-belief, in the same way that a reality can be created based on the belief of any belief. To be fair, you can't not belief in anything like you said. You can believe in disbelief. But, as I believe that beliefs can't be changed on purpose, you just have to keep an open mind to all experience, but never stop questioning the reality of what you are viewing.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Beliefs traps that hinder spiritual growth?

Post by Jettins \o/ » April 15th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Yes, thanks for sharing!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S