Cant succesfully AP

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Cant succesfully AP

Post by hydro1 » January 10th, 2016, 10:01 pm

I've done it about maybe 5 times. I haven't been able to get out much since then, so I basically just sit around helping newbs. The first time was exciting and scary cause I didn't know what was happening thought I was dying , cause the first time I felt all floaty and light like a balloon, my left arm was the first out it floated up and back down like a feather, then my head floated up then I freaked out and broke the process. It's hard to stay out longer than 3-5 mins no one has mastered staying out long, but time doesn't exist on the other side so those 3-5 mins can feel long there.
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » January 18th, 2016, 4:42 pm

You don't have to get to sleep paralysis. It's just something that can happen. There are no necessary phases, just things that can occur while we're switching our consciousness into the astral. Don't be too uptight about reaching certain stages. I myself never had sleep paralysis.

My best advice is to try it just after you wake up in the morning. You can set your alarm clock to GENTLY (lOl) wake you up at 5am and then when you go back to sleep your body will be at it's most relaxed. You can even get up, eat something and go to the bathroom before going back to bed. Then don't worry too much about your body, just try to focus on your consciousness as your body goes back to sleep.

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » January 18th, 2016, 4:53 pm

Check out this book "The Phase". It'll explain better what you do after you wake up in order to get an AP. This helped me a lot. =)

http://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf

Master roshi
Initiate
count: 0

Post by Master roshi » January 18th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Hi Klemen i don't know from personal experience, but many experienced people say that it's much harder to willfully induce a lucid dream or obe at night as you go to bed. They say that for the best results possible you should set an alarm that will go off about 5hrs in to your sleep, by then you should be in mid REM sleep and it should be much easier to get back in to it cuz ur body will be relaxed and ur mind will sort of be awake. Try to find an alarm that will go away on its own and be sure to turn the snooze option off. When ur woken up in the middle of the night, try keeping ur eyes closed and dont move, that way you stay more relaxed and itll be much easier to reach sleep paralysis

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » January 19th, 2016, 1:30 pm

Yes, you can wake up and try not moving and AP, but if you need to get up and do something and go back it's also okay. It's what works best for you. I always move when I wake up so I never managed to do it that way, but for some people, it's what works best.

klemen99
Neophyte

Post by klemen99 » January 21st, 2016, 12:41 pm

Thanks everyone :D i will try it on the weekend cuz thats when i dont hawe school. I also feel like i cant move my whole body when in sleep paralysis, i can only move my astral hands but they feel like they are moving so slowly. And i can feel my phisical chest goin up and down while breathing and it feels like i cant get my chest out. It seems like when i reach sleep paralysis i have wierd councisnes and when i realise where i am in sleep paralysis i kinda lose the councisnes and start filling my phiisical body again... :/

Master roshi
Initiate

Post by Master roshi » January 21st, 2016, 6:32 pm

I'm kinda stuck there too bud. I don't even think i've moved my astral hands yet, well I might have without noticing, but I've definitly been aware of my astral body once or twice before.When my body gets relaxed, my eyes annoy me to the point where I stay way too concious of my physical body that is just laying there in bed breathing, and so i just give up and try again later.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » January 21st, 2016, 9:25 pm

You guys will never get anywhere if you keep playing it safe, takes a risk, especially if you can feel your astral body, its time to make the move/exit
Go hard or not at all

Master roshi
Initiate

Post by Master roshi » January 22nd, 2016, 12:23 pm

No im not getting scared, I just cant move my other body, its stuck, but I'm aware of it. However, either due to lack of hypnagogia or just because my mind is too awake, I am still very much aware of the fact that I'm lying in bed in my room. Last night, I just got as far as a numb body and sensing my astral body contracting, maybe trying to push itself out of my physical body, but with no success

Master roshi
Initiate

Post by Master roshi » January 22nd, 2016, 12:25 pm

In short, I can relax the physical body and enter the trance but only up to a certain point, after that I'm just not able to switch my awareness