Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 7:07 am

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 7:07 am

Contenteo's Conceptual Model of Consciousness

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Ryan

Postby Ryan » February 9th, 2012, 3:53 pm

http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/01/2 ... ciousness/

Contenteo is a member of the Astral Pulse. He posted this there, but I'm trying to spread it around a bit for him.
It's, in my opinion, BANG ON for how consciousness and the non-physical relate.

Let's hear some more opinions. :)

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » February 9th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Interesting, as a model you can separate conscious and unconscious to try to explain things, but in reality they are not separate since conscious and unconscious always affect each other. I like it, but I would have preferred to see some crossovers lines. Is there writing in his own words included with this image?

This pseudo model is fine for the study of processes, but does not model reality as a whole. It would required some overlapping and x,y,z graphs, yeah plural. I am working on this, I will release when at some point, probably in book form.

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » February 10th, 2012, 7:50 am

It is great that Contenteo has come up with his own model. Everyone is entitled to have their own views. I'm inclined to agree with Jettins. I don't think it is that simple.

This is coming from my experience in that I have tried on a few occasions to enter the phase using the direct method (no previous sleep, which, by the way, shouldn't be tried by the novice until they acquire a better understanding of the indirect and deferred methods).

When you attempt to enter the phase directly, you often acquire what is known as a "free-floating state of mind" due to physiological reasons. During such state, your mind is constantly jumping from wakefulness, to deep sleep, to dreaming, to the phase, to unconsciousness, false awakenings and even, at times, frightful sleep paralysis moments.

As you can see, the mind here is not resting in one specific state (which is why the direct method is so hard apart from the fact that it usually takes ages before you get any sensations - you are literally taking the long route to enter and settle in the phase!!).

During the free-floating state of mind that ensues from the direct method, the idea is that you should try to pinpoint and anchor yourself to, if you can, the phase. The more noticeable lapses of consciousness you have here, the better as the intention to remain conscious will become stronger. Have the intention and eventually you will land and settle in the phase.

For more on the free-floating state of mind:
http://chestofbooks.com/new-age/astral- ... -Mind.html

Ryan

Postby Ryan » February 10th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Jettins wrote:Interesting, as a model you can separate conscious and unconscious to try to explain things, but in reality they are not separate since conscious and unconscious always affect each other. I like it, but I would have preferred to see some crossovers lines. Is there writing in his own words included with this image?

Yes, that's a very good idea and I think one that Contenteo would be most happy to include.
It is, as always, a work in progress.

This pseudo model is fine for the study of processes, but does not model reality as a whole. It would required some overlapping and x,y,z graphs, yeah plural. I am working on this, I will release when at some point, probably in book form.

Have a great day! :D

Well, it's not really a model of reality. It's a model of consciousness and how awareness effects our entrance to the non-physical.

I definitely look forward to seeing what you have when it's done. :)

Summerlander wrote:During the free-floating state of mind that ensues from the direct method, the idea is that you should try to pinpoint and anchor yourself to, if you can, the phase. The more noticeable lapses of consciousness you have here, the better as the intention to remain conscious will become stronger. Have the intention and eventually you will land and settle in the phase.

Ooooh THAT'S what you meant by "Free-floating state of mind". Ok, I get ya. I get that very often, usually when I'm just chillin on the couch. LoL

Interesting term for it though. Seems to fit nicely.

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion