Dangers of astral projection?

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.

Do you think Astral Projection is Dangerous to the physical body?

Yes
No votes
No
100%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 9

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Dangers of astral projection?

Post by fairyana » September 12th, 2012, 6:19 pm

All the literature I've seen about OBE says that it is not dangerous at all (though in the wrong mindset it can be very unpleasent) and very beneficial. Are there any authors or scientific studies that suggest otherwise? I personally doubt it, but think it's interesting to know.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Dangers of astral projection?

Post by Jettins \o/ » September 12th, 2012, 7:50 pm

I've come across some that think that it's unsafe. In my opinion they are simply mistaken. But there is more to it, wrote about this in the forum about a month ago. I will try to dig it up and re-post it when I find it.

Interesting question.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » September 12th, 2012, 8:17 pm

IMO its not dangerous at all...these movies and inexperienced people make it out to be that..and if theres any danger it is that an indevidual is a danger to themselves cause they not in control of their consciousness...but in reality there is no dangers...i like the movie insidious but it give AP a bad rap that isn't so at all learn from the experts and experienced not someone who wants to promote fear into others.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 16th, 2012, 10:00 pm

phoenix wrote:I'm not much of a fearful person. But the idea of the 'dark side' does give me pause. Some things I've read also say there's nothing to fear when astral traveling. But I have also come across people warning of dangers (psychic 'attacks'?) and several accounts talking about being 'haunted' after their journeys. I'd like to know more about what risks I might be facing if there are any.
Hello Sean,

Regarding psychic attacks it would be like someone screaming at you in the street. If you allow that scream to negatively affect you, then they have succeeded in psychically attacking you because they have affected your state of being. It's understandable that in the Astral Realms people could think of this as something to "fear" or "dangerous", it is an occult often misunderstood topic after all. It is up to the individual to determine how much power any given thought will have against them. Personality I would try not to venture in these dimensions to begin with but will not fear them if I come across it.

Do not concern yourself to much on taking fear, this will pass as you experience and learn more. Concern yourself if you are projecting negativity. Why? It will become your compass to where you might end up in the realms during an out of body experience. For example you're negativity will take you to the dangerous areas of Chicago, and the way you carry yourself determined by your negativity will make you a target. Like attracts like in the astral realms. This is not a warming or meant to make someone afraid, it is to help those raise their expectations. As you have been doing Sean. This post is really meant for the passing reader.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 16th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Posted @ astral-projection/astral-projection-dea ... html#p1256
hydro1 wrote:If someone was to die during or trying to Astral projection or out-of-body experience what category would that be under natural death or suicide?
If someone where to die during an astral projection, then it happened because it was there time to go. There are cases of sick people having had out of body experiences in which they where told it was their time to physically die soon. If it's someone's time to die and the person is having a conscious out of body experience, then I don't see why an experience that starts as an OBE cannot turn into the actual death experience. Taking your question seriously, I don't think it is possible to kill yourself or committee suicide using thought alone. It is not the thought of wanting to die during an Astral Projection experience that actually killed them, but that it was their time to die. Such as when people are very sick and expecting death, or during a deadly accident.

In some of these borderline death experiences, the beings in the other side inform the individuals they they must return to physical life. In other cases they are given a choice, they are asked if they wish to return to physical life. You can read about Out of body experiences during physical death or NDEs if it's a subject that interests you. But then again, if someone succeed at wishing death during and actual out of body experience we would never know about it since the person is not here to tell us. Nevertheless, everything seems to point out we cannot randomly wish death upon ourselves during an Out of body Experience and succeed.

During some out of body experiences I have asked to "experience the moment after physical death", and I've had some incredibly interesting results. I might write about one of these at some point. Thanks for the question.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 16th, 2012, 10:15 pm

hydro1 wrote:when i die in them i never feel the pain bestowed upon my...with that said how do you think you soul reacts at death..
I think we all react differently. Similar to how people react differently when you talk them. I’ve been murdered may different ways in my dreams but the actual dying part will always feel the same. It feels like losing the strength of my body to the point until I can’t feel it anymore and then I transition into a new reality thinking that I actually died.

When a person is in the process of dying but hasn’t died yet there might be pain in the physical body. This will happen if there is physical trauma or even psychological trauma. But when this person is actually dying the pain will instead become minimized as they let go of the physical struggles. A person may feel pain retuning after death if their death was unexpected or traumatic. The length of time will vary between individuals.
hydro1 wrote:are you early or late: for late you wait til you feel the pain then exit..for endurers they stay and endure thru the pain and leave afterwards...don't just guess just remember from your dream or when ever you have exp death...
I don't know if I am early or late. But it appears to me that either way the pain will be limited. The times when I’ve died in the dreams I will accept it and move quickly without struggle. If this is indicative of what will actually happen, so be it. But the thought of being "early" doesn't bother me either.
fairyana wrote:some soul detach quite easily, lucidly and painlessly while others might take some time, might even be painful and full of confusion, like not realizing they died
I think this would be the case.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » October 16th, 2012, 10:22 pm

Imo no its not dangerous...but even if it was thats why you put up shields and barrier for....i do it just for the hell of it not because its dangerous....i just don't want any bad entities around when i get out to freak me out and then i'm back in body.so if you think you will be harm use them ( barriers and shields)...i put up shields around my whole apt complex and it works..except for my recent exp with the angered sirit boy don't know how he got thru my defenses...but still unless i allow it no evil entities may enter...besides if a entity was near your physical body your body would warn you and boom you back in body anyway so no there are no dangers...or possessions
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 17th, 2012, 1:27 am

Most of people that think Astral Projection is dangerous simply haven't experience it themselves. Those few that have experienced it and think it's dangerous are misinformed.

Everything that is experienced in the Astral Realms is calibrated, created, decoded, constructed, seen, filtered, tailored, manifested, sensed, psychically sensed, perceived by each individuals psychological profile.

The only danger is the danger you bring to yourself with your intentions and ignorance. If you want to cause harm in the astral domains, you are likely find similar entities that might like to do the same. If you are unaware what your psychology or psyche will bring into the Astral Realms, then this is your problem and not of the astrals. The astral realms are the medium in which to experience the inner portions of your being, whatever baggage you may carry.

In physical reality many will hide their fears, but you won’t be able to hide from yourself in the astral domains. I would recommend exploring your inner being slowly by means of astral projection and lucid dreaming so that you don’t have to confront it all at once after physical death.

astralzombie
Initiate
count: 950

Post by astralzombie » August 30th, 2013, 9:40 pm

In physical reality many will hide their fears, but you won’t be able to hide from yourself in the astral domains. I would recommend exploring your inner being slowly by means of astral projection and lucid dreaming so that you don’t have to confront it all at once after physical death.
This is a huge benefit of AP as I believe it gives us an opportunity to work through a lot of our baggage now before the shows over.

How we react after our body dies will depend on our beliefs and expectations. I hear a lady on a radio show give a very good example of how some atheists that have had a NDE and return to be some of the most devoted Christians.

Her reasoning is sound IMO. When an atheist has just been in a horrible accident and they find themselves hovering over their body, they are struck with an instant revelation. They must now contend with the reality that they are looking at what they believe is their deceased body yet they are more aware than ever that they still exist on a spiritual level.

Many will then believe that if they got it wrong, the others must be right and their is a God that will punish them for their disbelief. This negative expectation will dictate how their NDE unfolds. They are they types that will see the worst hell of all hells because they believe that this is what they have coming.

On the flip side, some will make the same realization but will think "oh well, I got it wrong but that's cool. I wonder what's happening over there." These guys will go on to see some pretty amazing things that are inline with most NDE.

We have the benefit of knowing that our experience will be based on our expectations so we can escape some of the traps that others will spend a "lifetime" in until they wake up or someone retrieves them.

I'm not saying it will be sunshine and puppies for us but I for one am not settling for anything that remotely resembles a hell. :D

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 30th, 2013, 10:41 pm

astralzombie wrote:Many will then believe that if they got it wrong, the others must be right and their is a God that will punish them for their disbelief. This negative expectation will dictate how their NDE unfolds.
This is an excellent point. There is a tendency to jump into the opposite with the perception of being proven wrong. I don't think this is wise because of the risk. For example some will believe that "there is no God" for the simple reason that "the opposing view" cannot prove that there is, instead of proving to themselves "that there isn't a God". I hope the readers have a problem with that sentence, don't mind the subject of it. If the Atheist had a problem with that reasoning, then it’s only natural to feel encourage to take steps to avoid the setbacks that you stated. The same thought process would apply to any of the belief systems. It becomes evident that trying to figure things out through the lens of our inner being is essential. Michael T'sarion talks about this subject to some extent.

General statement

I think it’s very important to have some sense of what to expect ahead of time. I don’t mean that by pretending you are the writer of the book you’re reading by assuming that it applies to you word for word, what I mean is that it will be you that will create your reality so look at your inner life very closely.