Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 7:09 am

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 7:09 am

Death and the Afterlife

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Death and the Afterlife

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 22nd, 2013, 5:01 pm

Xanth - So, most of us are quite experienced in Projection and experiencing the non-physical... what have YOU learned about death and what to expect when you physically die?

It's a fascinating question to me Xanth. It is something I always try to keep in mind as I become objectively aware in the non-physical, so naturally I have much to say on that. This question reminded me of experience #1137 from August 7, 2013, called "The Shelly family. During this particularly vivid non-physical experience I arrived into an apartment and met the Shelly family. After some small talk the mother said "you should write your book about our story". They must have sensed that I was looking for material to write. It was the second time I met with one of the sons. I also saw the parents and their other son, one of them had been in the military. They knew they had died.

It was just very interesting at the time, it being so vivid and stable, you know how that is. I told then I would return. I haven't tried to visit them yet. I don't think it's the right time, but when I do I think it will go well. I just really hope I can remember it. I like to get a feel of my psychic or psychological space within and around me when I meditated a bit or when I try to project in the mornings, this then gives me a feel for my destination. I could need psychological adjustments, become ready for a mission, enhance my perceptions or even leisure astral explorations. I like all the activities except for the psychological adjustments, those can be a real bitch in the face, but it does help to get rid of certain stuff that doesn’t fit right.

More than to share about the experience today, I would like to send a message to self, to let me know when it’s time.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Re: Death and the Afterlife

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 23rd, 2013, 5:28 pm

Reply by Magic
Magic wrote:
What is the purpose of life if it is all forgotten upon death

I tend to think that life is a gift and reduce my world to a simple point that allows me to enjoy the gift - no purpose other than that
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 23rd, 2013, 5:33 pm

Reply by Wstein
Michael Scannel wrote:Death and Afterlife. The greatest spiritual question of all.

The greatest spiritual question for me is: how is it that anything at all? Seems to me that the endless ‘nothing’ would be endless…
Michael Scannel wrote:I can't envision after life. If I do, I am only using my imagination... (Just like everybody else)

Not everyone is of the opinion that one can only imagine the afterlife. There are timeless beings, timeless perspective, ghosts, time travelers, interdimensional travelers to name a few sources of information about the afterlife, even possibly YOUR afterlife. I’m sure some see all that stuff as imagination rather than anything actual and some that don’t.
Michael Scannel wrote:What is the purpose of life if it is all forgotten upon death?

Life has no purpose, a moot question.
Michael Scannel wrote:Then I will die one day and this will all have been but a dream.

By implication it’s a dream now. See if you can realize it…

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 23rd, 2013, 5:35 pm

Reply by Jettins
wstein wrote:Not everyone is of the opinion that one can only imagine the afterlife. There are timeless beings, timeless perspective, ghosts, time travelers, interdimensional travelers to name a few sources of information about the afterlife, even possibly YOUR afterlife. I’m sure some see all that stuff as imagination rather than anything actual and some that don’t.

I couldn't agree more. I know that to the materialists it will sound like a child's silly dream such as santa claus. I can assure you this isn't the case, it is very real.

magic wrote:I tend to think that life is a gift and reduce my world to a simple point that allows me to enjoy the gift - no purpose other than that

I agree, but when I wonder about what to do with the gift, I then I have a purpose.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 23rd, 2013, 5:36 pm

Reply by Magic
Thread located @ http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forum ... html#p2892
magic wrote:
Jettins wrote:I agree, but when I wonder about what to do with the gift, I then I have a purpose

yes a lovely word play and paradox and I agree so I guess my purpose is to look after my physical body and enjoy what my senses send to me ( yip, that internal "I" raises its head again). That's the outward aspect, inward I don't know.

I have stood at the entrance to the white light experience but not crossed it yet, I think some or one member on this forum has as I was told to take the leap and come back, that I must come back but most likely wont want to so someone has been there.
There were people waiting just past the portal, 4 DC's that are known to me and were assisting me but the final choice was mine.
its all becomes quite interesting and not far from taking up the challenge once more of these deeper states.

Short answer is that I don't know about after life but would not write it off just yet

astralzombie
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 950

Postby astralzombie » August 30th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Personally, I think in between lives is more accurate than to say afterlife. I believe we all have the ability to verify to our selves that there is indeed life after this one but at the same time, it is almost impossible to prove it to someone else. It doesn't matter what anybody else believes, their disbelief does not disprove what I and probably many of you have already come to know as true.

I don't think the purpose of our lives is to be as good as possible to insure a heavenly existence after we die physically. There is probably just as much hard work following our life as there is now.

This hard work is called learning. The more we learn, the more we know how important it is to treat each other good and to make personal sacrifices to help others in need. Heaven and hell are outdated motivating factors as to how we should conduct our selves while we are physically incarnated. :)

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 30th, 2013, 4:54 pm

astralzombie wrote:Heaven and hell are outdated motivating factors as to how we should conduct our selves while we are physically incarnated.

You can say that again!

I think the reason for having a physical life is to learn. Recently I had a series of lucid experiences where "learning intuitively" was important for the growth of the soul. The implications of such a thing are profound, as it forces us to reconsider dogmatic and fixed assumptions. Leaning to have the appropriate temperament for our goals becomes essential.

In reference to experience #1086 – The gold chariot – It is good for the soul – perceptual awareness increase - July 9, 2013

I will try to share this one soon. I could make use of a secretary for sure :)

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion