Last visit was: June 25th, 2017, 5:38 am

It is currently June 25th, 2017, 5:38 am

Dreaming of Vibrations - Part 2

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
floating_hawaiian
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Dreaming of Vibrations - Part 2

Postby floating_hawaiian » October 13th, 2012, 5:48 pm

The first part can be found here: -> astral-projection/dreaming-vibrations-t498.html

Saturday, October 13 2012
Dreamt of several things but this was the most significant dream. Me and 2 other friends went to visit this man in an apartment complex for some reason. When we made to leave, the elevator wouldnt work for us. It would either never come or it would take us back to the same floor. We learned from one of the residents the building was haunted and that the only elevator would only cooperate with residents. The person who told us that took us down several floors but not to the ground floor. So we were stranded in this building that was gloomy as hell. We went to the park that was in the building, and my ex roommate (dream transitioned from 2 friends to ex roomate) and we hunted for the fish in the pond and the other wildlife.

Dream transitions to when I was a teen when I used to live with these folks. We were moving into the apartment complex from the dream before. We parked in front of the building and were beginning to move our things inside. I just stood in front of the trunk, apparently mortified. I couldn't move like I had a memory lapse or was paralyzed. They came down and started to yell at me. But I could see them walk as they were in the building and see them as they realize im not behind them.

Dream transitions to where I'm living in the apartment with my gf and the haunted apartment isn't so bad when you're the tenant and not a guest. But i guess a young ghost boy walked into the room and inspired fear, and i started to feel vibrations. In my dream i thought for a split second that i was being possessed but immediately realized it was my vibrations and i was back in my dream bed trying to AP. I "saw" that a cat walked into the room behind me and I urged myself to see the cat and that's when I separated and wisped towards it and laid down in front of to take a good look of its face. The cat was staring at me the entire time. I remember its face distorted and fuzzy and it slowly started warping into a dog. I got up, closed my eyes and commanded clarity now and I was surprised that my vision actually did get much clearer! It was still slightly distorted on my left side, like a corrupt digital video file. I felt my hands and physical body and they felt real and I could feel the warmth, but I couldn't see myself because I was wrapped up in blankets with my face blocked. I thought for a second that I should try to find the spirit that commanded the building but thought against it, being too extremely for my first experience. I monkied around a bit, went to a mirror to look at myself, but no phasing through walls or flying. I returned to the room my body was replaced by my gfs and I could see her face clearly. It was when I realized I wasn't AP anymore and came back to my dream body. I felt the vibrations again and separated. This time I wanted to fly. So I got my gf and said "watch this!" And flew through the window with my bed sheet still wrapped around me and I was floating there :-). She goes Oh my god you're astral projecting, and that is around the time I wake up in the physical.

I awake in the physical with the familiar vibrations upon me again. I was doing a visualize-your-at-this-location technique when my gf stirred in her sleep and awoke me further, ending my vibrations right away and the entire experience altogether.

Let me note that during these transitions I woke up once and fell back to sleep. I should've used the speed counting technique that Omkar posted but I was too sleepy to remember! The surreal thing about the entire experience, the thing that made it more realistic than anything else I dreamt, was that I could vividly vividly really feel the warmth of the sunlight on me as I was floating outside the building. First, in my AP dream sequence, I imagined being in a city with many tall buildings and thought maybe I'm in Vegas or something. But I really live in Waikiki, and the city does have many tall hotels. Second, although we don't own a cat, our apartment complex (only 2 stories and I live on the ground floor. In the dream I lived in a sky rise) has a bunch of stray cats that live around the facility that the tenants feed and in return they fight off other cats that wander here. So it is a real possibility there was a cat just outside of our door. I think that I actually projected, but just into a lower realm or something similar. I should really focus on APing from dreams as I think it would probably be my best exit.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Re: Dreaming of Vibrations - Part 2

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 15th, 2012, 8:39 pm

the elevator wouldnt work for us. It would either never come or it would take us back to the same floor

Something in your psychology created this state. It’s a great way to confront whatever is waiting for you.

(dream transitioned from 2 friends to ex roomate) and we hunted for the fish in the pond and the other wildlife. Dream transitions to when I was a teen when I used to live with these folks.

It’s good that you are noticing the transitions. This is a sign your dream was very vivid indeed.

but immediately realized it was my vibrations and i was back in my dream bed trying to AP.

Everyone else you should become aware of this. Vibrations and any other trance sensation triggering awareness of your state should be the goal. This can be done by training the mind to become instinctively aware as it's happening. How? Every time you induce the early stages an out of body experience you will be feeling the trance sensations. These trance sensations are the things everyone should be looking out for. The more you feel then, the more you will be able to associate those sensations with an out-of-body experience instinctively. As you experience more of them it is likely that it will trigger your lucidity from that point on.

I remember its face distorted and fuzzy and it slowly started warping into a dog. I got up, closed my eyes and commanded clarity now and I was surprised that my vision actually did get much clearer!

It’s very interesting when things like that happen right before our eyes, great details.

It was still slightly distorted on my left side, like a corrupt digital video file.

You will notice visual anomalies frequently. One thing I do when my vision is not entirely clear is to pass my astral hand over my face like when removing excess water for the face. I do this with the intention to clear up my vision. The hand is not really necessary but I’ve noticed it enhances my intention.

I thought for a second that I should try to find the spirit that commanded the building but thought against it, being too extremely for my first experience.

Re-entries or re-entering the same dream experience but with a lucid mentality is very interesting indeed. You should realize that many of the things you will see in your experiences are the creation of your psychological state as it enters the timeless dimensions of the astral. It will take time to know the difference between a separate “entity” and psychological manifestation. Using the difference between lucid dreams vs. astral projection to establish if something encountered is an “entity” or a “dream character” is recipe for a great misunderstanding. One can transition from a lucid dream into an astral projection type experience without waking up and vise versa. The sensations of separation and mobility are the psychological representations one may need to experience in order to believe one is having an astral projection experience.

We are in the realm of the psychological; the space that is created for mobility while having an out-of-body experience or lucid dream is the creation of our psyche. The 4th dimensional space is the product of our psyche coming in contact with non-physical elements. Since we are used to existing in space while we go about with our physical body, we create the need for it in order to perceive experiences in the astral. There is no space in the astral, one can teleport instantly to a location or fly using a broom stick. It’s all perception of movement even during the separation from the physical body during an astral projection experience. But we aren’t really moving, when you really thinking about it you realize that it’s really our consciousness changing it’s state.

It was when I realized I wasn't AP anymore and came back to my dream body. I felt the vibrations again and separated.

It’s a matter of adjusting consciousness in order to perceive the psychic elements that differentiate astral projection from lucid dream experiences. You really didn’t have to wake up and feel vibrations, you could have crossed the wall or glitched the ground plane from within a Lucid dream and go to an “Astral Projection” destination marker for example. It is your mind that is changing, and how much you allow yourself flexibility to perceive things outside of yourself. This could also be looked at using levels of lucidity and awareness as it relates to the ability to perceive things outside of ourselves (psychic potential). One many need tools such as the feeling of “separation” and other sensations, but they are just tools. You can make your own tools for transitioning between lucid dreams and astral realities. How? By creating your own way to go in and out of your perceived self, your inner self.

the thing that made it more realistic than anything else I dreamt, was that I could vividly vividly really feel the warmth of the sunlight on me as I was floating outside the building.

Yes, experience like this have the potential to change people. My first out-of-body experience was very short but so INCREDIBLY vivid, it changed me. I was baffled for a few days after it happened. No loss in consciousness, it was like magic. You can read my first out-of-body experience here: newbie-void-beginner/tell-about-your-first-obe-t176.html#p403

I think that I actually projected, but just into a lower realm or something similar. I should really focus on APing from dreams as I think it would probably be my best exit.

Yes, having out of body experiences from within dreams works out. You can train yourself to be effective with DEILD, dream exit induced lucid dream. If you happen to wake up from a dream you can quickly re-enter. You will be able to jump into the last dream or you might feel the separation sensations. Either way it’s best to just flow with it, instead of trying to put yourself in the position where you require separation. Sometimes you won’t feel a thing after re-entry, and you will be ready to explore by simply getting up from the dream bed or astral bed as it’s a matter of psychic perception. Psychic perception determines how experiences flow between what is considered a “lucid dream” and “astral projection” experience, if you are interested in this subject let me know and I’ll paste you the link.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Phoenix
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby Phoenix » November 2nd, 2012, 11:27 am

Hey this was a great thread to read. Learned a lot too. Sounds like you are having success floating_hawaiian!

I'd be interested to hear a more detailed description of how the vibrations feel to people. What's it feel like? Is it the whole body?

Another thing is that I'm heartened by the descriptions of how super-vivid and real it can feel while AP - sun on the skin and so-forth.
Heartened because this feature will provide me with powerful evidence of the reality of an AP, if and when it happens for me.
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

floating_hawaiian
Initiate

Postby floating_hawaiian » November 7th, 2012, 1:09 am

Hello,
Im glad to hear that my posts are helping you! That helps me when I know that my own progress, albeit however slow it might be some times, are helping others.

I experience vibrations probably 1-3 times a week and they always originate from my dreams. I've only had 2 vibrations that originated from me being consciously awake. Of the past 2 weeks, I've been losing focus on Astral Projection and been having them only once a week or so and have not been as devoted to my dream journal as I should be. My last experience with vibrations was when I was dreaming of lieing on a sandy beach in the middle of the night on a part of the island where there is no light pollution and can see the stars quite clearly. I thought what a time to try to project, and thought about the security of the place. I thought it would be safe (that part of the island is way off the main road and no street lights and leads to nowhere, so you can get some shady people and troublemakers. But then again, this was all in a dream.) And my vibrations came about again. I dont remember waking up.

But the vibrations vary from person to person. The very first time I experienced them, the early morning of September 10 of this year, i was fully conscious in the waking and underwent sleep paralysis first, then vibrations. The vibrations, the very first time, were EXTREMELY intense. It first came as a slight humming, then became more and more vigorous and vibrated my ENTIRE body. I even felt the very center of my head vibrating vigorously, which would be my pineal gland. The mystics and psychics thorough the ages considered this to be the third eye, or the portal into the astral realm. From my vibrations, the vibrations became audible, very very similiar to the binaural beats you can find on YouTube but 10x more intense. That was the only time I experienced vibrations that affected my whole body. Its a difficult experience to describe. The experience is very definite and there can be absolutely no confusion whether you experienced it or not. If you experienced it, you will know. If you think you might have, then you didn't. But it is what it is: your body vibrates. Not physically, but internally.

http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review ... 6_full.jpg
Its like putting your hand on one of those electric massagers in the link. You put your hand on the massager, and after awhile it starts to feel kinda numb but you can still feel it vibrating. Thats one of my best descriptions of the vibrations. When I experience vibrations nowadays, it isnt as intense as i first felt it. Its usual mild to medium but still noticable and I can feel my head and chest vibrate (but not the center of my head, the pineal gland.) I lasts between 10-25 seconds, or until I move again.. Even if it fades, I can still sense a slight ringing going on. I will continue my Dreams of Vibrations posts seeing that if just one person can benefit from it, its all worth the effort. Until then, keep asking questions and good luck.

Phoenix
Initiate

Postby Phoenix » November 7th, 2012, 1:34 am

Great description, thanks. :)

So far all I have been doing is meditating on regular daily basis, for the first time in my life. Been doing it for about a couple of months, primarily using binaural beats.

Did you find any particular method for inducing a projection worked for you, especially the first time?
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.

floating_hawaiian
Initiate

Postby floating_hawaiian » November 9th, 2012, 6:18 am

Yes, I tried something but I haven't tried it again since I did it, I was just using a "tool" to give me a little edge.

"I've been meditating sober laying on my back before i go to sleep these past weeks while listening to YouTube binaural beats/isochronic and guided meditation videos. But this past week i was making real progress when my meditating started becoming more deeper and sensational, like floating close to my body while still connected physically. Last night I was on the brink of ascension when my girlfriend had me return to my body.

Yesterday I smoked weed for the first time in over a month and it was like a brand new experience. It was probably because i was meditating and altered my experiences and I was sober for awhile and it was out of my system. I would feel myself slip outside of my body very slightly then get jerked back in. I came home I went to sleep for about 3 hours. I woke up at dusk, stayed up till the early morning when I was tired to do it again. I was reading about it, smoked some more and I knew I was going to do it. There was something deep in me that that night was the night to do it, an innate 6th sense. And with that, I felt fear, and excitement, of the unknown. I tried meditating but was cold because my girlfriend likes to turn the AC on at night, and it kept me from grounding myself. I instinctively knew holding her hand would help me so I held her hand. I felt confident and proceeded to meditating. I could feel my second body within me desperately trying to escape its physical shell and bouncing like a manic energetic puppy on coke.

I allowed myself to emulate the sensations of bouncing like rubber bouncy ball, which led to the hypnagogic state(state of consciousness between awake and asleep) seeing colors dance in my minds eye, then seeing into the void. This void that I saw was unlike the blackness of closed eyes, my only description is a void. I concentrated on my breathing because controlling my heart rate is the hardest thing to do while attempting to separate and has proven great difficulties in the past when changing states of consciousness. But this time I was calm and kept it under control with concentration. I tried rolling out of my body, but just ended up moving my physical.

I started experiencing a hum, which turned into mild vibrations that started to engulf my body. I then started to hear a sound like from the binaural beats/isochronic videos I was used to listening to, but 10 times much more intense and it seemed the sound was causing me to start vibrate intensely. I found that after several moments, a force of willpower could control the vibrations, this force that i tapped into and felt like a reawakening. I directed my vibrations our from my arm and onto my girlfriend. With every deep breathe I took, I could feel myself expanding outward over my body. I was a good yard floating over my body, feeling really exposed to be outside of my physical shell. When I say floating over my body, I mean my essence, soul, spirit, whatever you may want to call it, left the confines of my physical body and I was massless but still alive and fully conscious, just as conscious as you or I am right now, capable of memory recall, thinking and decision making. I felt cool and cold but not uncomfortable at all, just a cold from absence of body heat(because i was not in body). However, I was unable to see, most likely because it was my first experience and I didn't get the opportunity to improve my vision. At this point, my girlfriend woke up because apparently my attempt to send her my vibrations succeeded. She was trying to wake me up but I didn't hear her from my physical body, I heard her from where I was floating point of consciousness. She was starting to freak out so I returned to my body. I remember floating above my body and debating what to do next. I could return to my physical to calm my girlfriend, or continue to explore, but my only real option was to return because my girlfriend was worried and i couldn't continue onward while my physical was being disturbed. So I decided to return to my body, willed it, and I returned to my physical body instantly."

While I don't recommend using drugs (but hey, if you live in Colorado or Washington, more power to you smoke up) as regularly as a method, as it would hurt your progress in the long run to becoming dependant on it to AP (plus you'd want to learn how to AP while sober), it may help as a little push if you feel you're ready. It may help you to AP and allow you to experience some of the telltale sensations and experiences. If you can separate, just for a couple seconds like me (my whole separation experience, from the time I realized my breathing was taking me farther from my body, to when I made the decision to return to my body, probably took less than 20 seconds. Best 20 seconds of my life), you will have made progress and will be that much closer to gaining control over it. Good luck!

Phoenix
Initiate

Postby Phoenix » November 9th, 2012, 9:18 am

Thanks floating_hawaiian.

So apart from a bit of deliberate tiredness and a bit of weed to relax, would you say that it was primarily meditation that got it happening?
If so, that's good, because it means I'm on the right track and just need to keep going.
One thing that really surprised me when I started meditating on a regular basis, my use of ALL drugs (weed, alcohol, even coffee) has just fallen away to nothing. Just gone, forgotten. Without effort.

You know, one thing I've noticed with the really deep meditive states I've been achieving (particularly with isochronic tracks), is my body gets, err, restless.
Like an itch here, an itch there, feeling fidgety, that kind of thing. First few times I thought it might beginnings of the vibrations, but now I think it's just restlessness from lying still for so long. The isochronic tracks I've got tend to be the longest - about 45 minutes long.

I also have been regularly getting the sudden jerk sensation when drifting into sleep state and back. Might be just awaking with a little startle. However, it has occurred to me that this could be a 'loosening' of my astral body and then jerking back again. Dunno.

One thing's for sure. After reading your descriptions, I'm thinking that the real deal will be unmistakable, so I'm not going to sweat the small stuff, trying to be hyper-alert to sensations.

floating_hawaiian
Initiate

Postby floating_hawaiian » November 9th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Those twitches, "hypnagogic jerks" and itches are your body's way of seeing if you're awake or not. If you can resist the urges to relief an itch, you can trick your body into thinking your asleep, thus leading into sleep paralysis. I too have the hypnagogic jerks and honestly, I really don't know how to combat that issue. Its like an unaurthorized involuntary jerk, twist or movement in one of your limbs. I guess my advice for that is just to keep in your meditative state.

And on a side note, I never really "tested" out whether I had sleep paralysis in my previous post, I just heavily assumed (although I'm positive it was because all of my sensations pointed towards it). I didn't try moving my physical in SP because I didn't want to disturb my relaxation if it really wasn't SP. I knew I had entered SP bc it was unexplainable sensation I had never felt or experienced before, like a warm heavy numbing feeling that started near my pelvis and worked its way thorough my body.

I once read on some forum board a really good piece of advice. It goes that in the waking, your physical is in the foreground of your attention and your consciousness is in the background. By meditating, you are trying to reverse the roles by putting your consciousness in the foreground and your physical in the background. Hopefully that helps.

Bdogb75
Neophyte

Postby Bdogb75 » November 22nd, 2012, 10:51 pm

I've been getting vibrations too stronger than before and almost every time I go to sleep these past few days. No OBE yet though :( i know I want to but can't help myself and get a bit scared. When I get the vibrations now they last longer and can feel that I will get them prior before they happen and after they finish I can still feel them if I don't move like a tingle sort of feeling. Can we get them while laying down on the stomach? I had them like that as well with sleep paralysis. This time i tried to roll out or float out but only felt my arms moving.

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » November 23rd, 2012, 4:13 pm

you can get vibration from any position...its just more easy and effective on your back...thats why its the most mentioned position but really its which ever one you feel comfortable in......as for getting out during those vibs which exit method you using? the roll out, or are you just thinking about the foaty feeling one...that ones not working for you try the roll out method...me i just try to get up like i would normally do on a daily basis but thats during the sleep paralysis but it can work with the vibs too....and stop being afraid nothing can happen to you....just look at the many of us who do do it and don'T get hurt and return safely that should motivate you to see that its not anything to be afraid of
Go hard or not at all

Next

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion