Escalating the building to raise my vibrations

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
floating_hawaiian
Initiate
count: 2

Escalating the building to raise my vibrations

Post by floating_hawaiian » February 1st, 2013, 2:27 pm

This dream came after a particularly long vivid dream where my subconscious was throwing me signs to attempt to become lucid. There were several signs for me to become aware of my dream state, and I may have become lucid for a second or two and teleported, but woke up immediately afterwards. Before this sequence, I woke up, had a drink of water, used the bathroom and returned to sleep.

Wake up at 8am, take 15-25 mins to fall back to sleep. I wanted to go back to sleep not because I was tired, because I know from my previous dream I was close to the state of awareness that I wanted.

Next dream I'm in, I'm in a building. The building is the Waikiki Shopping Plaza. I know that the top 2-3 floors are nearly bare of any shops and hold nothing of interest, but I have nothing on my mind but to take the escalator up onto the upper floors. I make my way up to the 2nd or 3rd floor and I feel myself getting extremely excited. My body also starts feeling lighter and I think I'm starting to move faster. All i know is that i'm am very very excited and I dont know why. When I make my way up to the next level I see that the escalator on this floor is incomplete and doesnt reach all the way down. I wake up with fine vibrations and trance present. I focus and relax to float. I distinctly feel myself floating upwards and my excitement is bottling up inside. I know that once the shift in awareness is complete, I will take off to flying. I imagine myself floating above myself and I want to turn around to see my body. At this point, unfortunately, I think I'm already starting to lose lucidity. I want to look at my physical body laying in bed and instead of willing myself to see, I do the most mundane thing ever and open my eyes, ending the experience. Not more than 30 seconds later, my girlfriend returns home and walks into the room.

I wake up around 9:10

------------------------------------------------

In the first sequence, my subconscious was trying to throw me into a lucid state. It did so by including elements to help me realize I'm asleep, such as including so many people I know and seeing their faces so vividly, and the other method was by having to have myself go to the bathroom in my dream.
I also had my selanite crystal pyramid on its side, level with my head pointing at my head. Purely coincidental and not intentional.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Escalating the building to raise my vibrations

Post by hydro1 » February 1st, 2013, 8:23 pm

All i can say her is, you might not wanna stick around your physical body to long or look at it to long either cause it will pull you back in ending you exp.. so you need to get as far away from your physical body as possible once you're out... and keep trying you will make it out it seems you're well on your way.
Go hard or not at all

floating_hawaiian
Initiate

Post by floating_hawaiian » February 1st, 2013, 11:28 pm

Right, I am aware of that effect of looking at your body will often cause you to return to it if you're not prepared. But in this case, I was attempting to turn myself more lucid by reinforcing me with the idea that I am in another state of consciousness. I was anticipating to look at my body and felt I was ready to see it. I also strongly suspect that the reason I started losing lucidity in the first place was because during the transition, or shift, of my awareness was because I was getting too excited and not having enough control over my emotions. Next time I will try to remain calm, which can be much more difficult than it sounds.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 2nd, 2013, 12:41 am

I liked reading this experience. It has plenty of good details on what we can expect during trance states and while separating from the body. You should keep doing what your doing.
hydro1 wrote:you might not wanna stick around your physical body to long or look at it to long either cause it will pull you back in ending you exp
Floating_hawaiian wrote:I am aware of that effect of looking at your body will often cause you to return to it if you're not prepared. But in this case, I was attempting to turn myself more lucid by reinforcing me with the idea that I am in another state of consciousness.
Both of these points are very valid in my opinion. Even after so many similar experiences I still seem to make the wrong choice when trying to enhance my lucidity or encourage a separation. One method might not always be full proof. I can get into the habit of stabilizing my consciousness by deepening the trance states but even this won’t always work.
Floating_hawaiian wrote:I know that once the shift in awareness is complete, I will take off to flying.
I think this is good thought process, but it can get confusing at times. Sometimes this shift happens quickly before our conscious aware mind realizes it, and then we wait for it to happen again. It happens when we are already inside the "phase state" or after the trance state has kicked in, yet we still expect a "something else" to happen. This is not good because it reduces the probability of becoming fully aware as we transition into non-physical states. This problem still happens to me but I've learned to minimize it by realizing that "the subtle sensations associated with trance states" IS the shift in consciousness that I am looking for, and not the feeling of separation or levitation associated with an out-of-body experience per se. Even though this feeling of separation and levitation can help to further the certainty that my consciousness has already shifted, that I am aware of my non-physical condition, that I'm lucid, it shouldn't be 100% relied upon. Becoming consciously aware during the subtle trance states, or the barely noticeable immersion process into the non-physical states as the shift required to explore the astral realms adds a secondary layer of redundancy. It can take time for it to become instinctual, and even this won't always work because this shift won't always be realized by the conscious mind, yet you will be ready when it does. Great experience, the excitement will probably subside when you have more of them. No worries.

Failure also does have its advantages. The more awareness you actually have during these attempts, gained through purpose and practice, the more likely you will react (intentionally and/or spontaneously) in a way that will encourage conscious separations.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

floating_hawaiian
Initiate

Post by floating_hawaiian » February 2nd, 2013, 2:54 am

Jettins wrote: I think this is good thought process, but it can get confusing at times. Sometimes this shift happens quickly before our conscious aware mind realizes it, and then we wait for it to happen again. It happens when we are already inside the "phase state" or after the trance state has kicked in, yet we still expect a "something else" to happen. This is not good because it reduces the probability of becoming fully aware as we transition into non-physical states. This problem still happens to me but I've learned to minimize it by realizing that "the subtle sensations associated with trance states" IS the shift in consciousnessthat Iamlooking for, and not the feeling of separation or levitation associated with an out-of-body experience per say. Even though this feeling of separation and levitation can help to further the certainty that my consciousness has already shifted, that I am aware of my non-physical condition, that I'm lucid, it shouldn't be 100% relied upon. Becoming consciously aware during the subtle trance states, or the barely noticeable immersion process into the non-physical states as the shift required to explore the astral realms adds a secondary layer of redundancy
I will try to keep this in mind as next time I have the energy. I'm starting to get familiar with the strange deepening trance sensations. It's always exciting for me when I'm going to get my new experience, and often concerned it will be too long of a wait for me. I know as time goes by I will become more accustomed to it and learn to control my emotions, just as my vibrations have become less and less rigid (although personally, I'd like to experience the full-on super coarse vibrations again just for the kicks).

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 2nd, 2013, 3:01 am

floating_hawaiian wrote:just as my vibrations have become less and less rigid
Yeah, just let time run its course, and in the process thing will change for the better if you constantly get used to them. I talk about trance sensations being barely notifiable because the more I have them the more subtle they seem to become.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » February 2nd, 2013, 8:33 am

It's just so strange when we notice dreams that are trying to make us lucid by showing us signs. I think you're right in that it's our consciousness trying to make itself lucid. It's a neat experience. :)

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 2nd, 2013, 7:01 pm

signs can help, but sometimes there is not enough awareness for to recognize the dream signs. They say this is associated with energy levels. That when the body is healing itself during the first half of the night there is usually less awareness because the energy is going towards healing. lately my lucid count has dropped. It could be associated with lower energy levels because my dream cycle is a bit crazy. I should make effort to sleep earlier.