First Post Looking for some feedback

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Mavie
Initiate
count: 2

First Post Looking for some feedback

Post by Mavie » December 21st, 2013, 4:37 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I basically need people to talk to about my experiences. I'm not sure if this is where I would post something like this, but I am just getting a feel for navigating the site so please let me know if this is not the appropriate place for generalized questions an conversations. First of all, I have been attempting astral projection for 4 months now. I have always been "spiritually inclined", however this was something I had never thought of as being a thing just anyone could do. I assumed it was for people tripping on dmt or acid or the incredibly gifted. When I started doing my research, obviously I realized that neither were true. I was not expecting ANY kind of results immediately. I thought it would take a year to even begin to feel the things I read about. To my pleasant surprise within weeks I felt the unmistakable vibrations. This came from laying perfectly still and then feeling that "lead blanket" sort of sensation. I went 2 weeks of feeling nothing after that. It was all in my head. The anxiousness, eagerness and excitement were hindering me. I took a few nights off and then a few days later I had the most intense feeling of vibrations that lasted for about a minute. I felt like I was flipping and swirling and all kinds of crazy dizzying sensations (which I felt before but never to this degree) and then it slowed and I felt this very strange rocking. It was nothing like a swaying feeling or even relaxing type rocking. It was more like this mechanical feeling. The best I can describe it is imagine your body completely rigid laying down and just half turning from side to side in a very even, quick but not abrupt back and forth back and forth. I felt stuck. It was so strange and then, I felt it in my right arm. Complete nakedness. That's the best word I could use. It was free. I immediately lost the feeling after getting excited and focusing too much attention on the arm. My left arm did nothing. I stayed still for a while but nothing else came. It was over. Days went by after that and I kept falling asleep. Then Just the other night was even more intense. The vibrations were different and felt more scattered throughout my body. Then I felt this intense pressure. Intense is not even a strong enough word, but I can only liken it to one other feeling. If you ever rode a tilt-a-whirl or been in those spinning alien things at the fair where you are sucked to the side by centrifugal force- that's exactly what it felt like on my left side. It was so hard and strong in felt like I could be squashed! I thought might have been sleep paralysis? At that time I was also playing with the technique of disorienting yourself like imagining yourself laying with your head at the foot of the bed and I read somewhere that if you imagine yourself floating and you are laying on your stomach while trying to project it can cause some weir sort of sensation... Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about there? Whatever this feeling was it felt like I was moving extremely fast and the force from the speed was pushing on my body. It lasted for at least a minute or two. Some other things I commonly experience are faces staring at me, rapid heart beat, shallow breathing and I usually get to my trance or deep meditation state from listening to the static I hear in my head. Does anyone else have that?? It is something I have noticed since I was small. I can hear it whenever I quiet my mind or am sitting somewhere in deep though or silence. It just so happened to be a very effective key to my meditation and astral projection attempts. There always seems to be 2 tones. A heavier lower sounding one that is very easy for me to pick up and a lighter one that seems to be a little bit harder to hear unless I am focusing on it. Once I am completely focus and quiet the lighter one overcomes the lower sounding one and things start happening. I know this is a such a jumble of experiences, its just that I have had to keep all this bottled up for so long because I have no one to talk to about it- hence joining an online forum. Thanks for listening. =)
-Erica

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: First Post Looking for some feedback

Post by Jettins \o/ » December 22nd, 2013, 1:08 am

Mavie wrote:The vibrations were different and felt more scattered throughout my body. Then I felt this intense pressure. Intense is not even a strong enough word, but I can only liken it to one other feeling. If you ever rode a tilt-a-whirl or been in those spinning alien things at the fair where you are sucked to the side by centrifugal force- that's exactly what it felt like on my left side. It was so hard and strong in felt like I could be squashed! I thought might have been sleep paralysis?
You have described a shift into a new state of being or dimension, viz., (that is to say) the onset of an out of body experience. During the early stages of discovery, the sensations, such as the ones you describe have the tendency to intensify. In my opinion, it’s a good thing that nature can help to inform us by making the transitions very powerful in hopes that we become objectively aware during the process. It is also my opinion, and maybe only my opinion, that this powerful shift (or insertion) into the out-of-body condition (or projected state) in general is reduced when we familiarize with the “astral life”, more precisely, when we have a roll, purpose, or function, the “call of the spirit” so to say, and the heavy insertions being a type of “rite of passage”, to find out what it may contain. I think it would be the reason why the shifts, the transitions into the deeper trance states, tend to become more subtle the more we attuned ourselves to spiritual life.
Mavie wrote:At that time I was also playing with the technique of disorienting yourself like imagining yourself laying with your head at the foot of the bed and I read somewhere that if you imagine yourself floating and you are laying on your stomach while trying to project it can cause some weir sort of sensation... Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about there?
Yeah, we are familiar with it, the static sound as well. There are many clever ways to help us become aware during the critical stages; the transitory state of the trance condition. Being the very beginning of a potential out-of-body experience, the key would be to find a system that helps hone in the awareness; a particular strategy that can be used to anchor our consciousness in the desired state. But this is more easily said than done. But first, I think we have to find a system that we feel, at an intuitive level is going to yield results. A degree of sheer confidence might be required. For the uninitiated, I think this would be equivalent to saying: “I like this technique”. But in your case, I think you know exactly what is going to work for you. The sounds you describe, to me, sounds very similar to the "NAAD sound" (the higher pitch, lower pitch static). According to the Hindu scriptures, it is our connection to the higher spheres, or the higher states of the spirit sense. So, if this was actually the case, even though speculative of my part, the path then becomes self-evident; the path of discovery. Keep doing what you're doing! I do find it interesting that you identified with the sound even when you were a child.

Take care!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Mavie
Initiate

Post by Mavie » December 22nd, 2013, 1:28 am

Thank You for the reply! I can't tell you how good it feels to get it all off my chest an to have someone understand. It's horrible when you are so excited and inspired by something and you can't share it openly. As far as technique is concerned for separating, I am so lost. I feel very sure when I lie down and then as soon as things start happening, I start jumping from technique to technique, trying to figure it out before the state fades. Its something I really need to work on. Honestly, it feels as though I am completely my spirit self but just laying there in my body sometimes. I try to imagine myself rolling but nothing happens and I definitely can't see. I just need to work more and keep discovering.

I love that you have given a "speculative" name for my static sounds. They are something I have wondered about all my life. I always want to ask people if they hear it too. I will be googling NAAD and all related topics al night.

Thank You Again!

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » December 22nd, 2013, 1:38 am

Great!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » December 23rd, 2013, 12:44 pm

well you're not suppose to imagine rolling out you suppose to actually attempt to roll, as long as you are in the state of mind for it. don't think about it just do it, because once you start thinking then you think about will I fall off the bed will I hurt myself, so don't over think it just do it, have you tried the rope technique, when you in the right state , just grab for the invisible rope hanging from your ceiling don't over think it don't think at all, cause that's where a lot of us mess up at, these states only last a small amount of time so you have to do it quickly, also don't get excited it messes thing up too, I do it a lot too. well keep us updated and welcome to the forum. I check in everyday, but if no ones on i'll leave. so feel free to ask us anything.
Go hard or not at all

Mavie
Initiate

Post by Mavie » December 23rd, 2013, 1:26 pm

You're really supposed to actually roll?! Thank you... I will try this the next time I get into that intense state.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » December 23rd, 2013, 2:07 pm

yea if you doing it right you will roll out of body and your body won't move lol, so what is your purpose for wanting to project what do you want to accomplish?
Go hard or not at all

Mavie
Initiate

Post by Mavie » December 23rd, 2013, 6:01 pm

If this were any other setting besides that of an astral projection forum, I would feel hesitant of sharing because people in general think its crazy, but for as long as I can remember I have felt connected in some way to something or someone. Its difficult to explain without writing a lengthy list of occurrences, feelings, strange coincidences and the like. I just know. If I had lost a parent or grandparent or close friend I would think maybe it was something like that guiding me but, I have had no one close pass away. Because of this feeling that has made itself undeniable to me, I have always been very "spiritual". I have always been searching. Despite having very ambiguous religious beliefs, (though I have dabbled in many of them) I have KNOWN without a doubt there is something more than the here and now because of this connection I feel to whatever "it" is. I want to know what it is. I have pondered the idea of spirit guides or angels? Someone once threw the fairy idea at me, but I just didn't buy it. That is my feeling and my feeling alone so I mean no disrespect to anyone who does believe they feel their presence. Its just not for me. I just know something has been there- is here with me. I am perfectly ok with it being the fact that perhaps I am just more sensitive to these types of things than those less "spiritual" types. Perhaps, its just that I believe and recognize my spirit self that is the reason behind it being so present in my life. I'm not sure but to me it just doesn't feel as vague as that. I feel like to really understand I'm going to need to put more work into connecting with "it". There are also some unpleasant things in my life that I feel are "inner" related that I hope to find the source of. I hope that makes sense. I feel that any purpose I have here is being somewhat stifled by some sort of issue lying somewhere out of the physical world. I really hope that all made sense to someone. =)

Mavie
Initiate

Post by Mavie » December 23rd, 2013, 6:25 pm

Oh and I have had a very difficult time with the rope technique. I don't like it much.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » December 23rd, 2013, 11:08 pm

so you think its some type of creature, is it like a love interest type thing you have with it. also be sure it isn't harmful, some things just know how to play on peoples emotions make sure its not some type of incubus. also it could be a relative that died long before you knew them, I've heard of cases like that, but just to be sure I'm asking is it a love/sexual interest, if so astral sex is something that happens. or maybe i'm not understanding you clearly, if you don't wanna discuss it on this post just send me a PM on here, I won't judge you if that's what you feel, I have a crazy thing I want to accomplish myself so.
Go hard or not at all