Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 2:11 pm

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Help? What just happened?

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Alkenstein
Neophyte
AP/LD Count: 4

Help? What just happened?

Postby Alkenstein » July 4th, 2014, 6:37 am

Hello everyone, was just wondering if someone could help me and identify the experience I just previously had...

Well I was very aware of lucid dreaming and astral projection in the past. I've lucid dreamed before but found astral projection to be difficult, later on I pretty much just forgot about it.

Yesterday night I was pretty tired from a lack of sleep and my bed looked really comfy :p
(7pm) - I lay down and was only going to stay for a short while. I didn't want to sleep yet so i started to kind of day dream I guess...
After a while I began to realize that one of my best friends was on the right of me, then I noticed a girl my age I guess (18) on the left of me... It looked like I was at my bed
then I started to get become a lot more lucid as I became anxious of the girl staring at me... I kind of questioned myself, "spirit guide?" The face of the became really grotesque as fear took over
she started to look like an old lady I suppose. I was SCARED out of my mind and just woke myself up... now here is the thing... I noticed I heard a 'woosh~' sound, similar to wind. I visualized
that as: astral body going back into my body. Because I did hear a lot of peoples experiences, where you hear a wind sound when entering and exiting the body.

My first question is - What the hell did I experience? Was that astral projection? or Lucid dreaming?

Note: If this matters, I was sleeping facing down and I was dead still from my physical body being very drained and tired.
Oh and also note that just before noticing the girl and friend physically I felt like we were all having a conversation before or I was listening to both of them, but I cant remember what was being said. I could of sworn I also heard laughter... I'm just so confused

Now the following day I had a similar experience at my friends house, but more like hallucinations.
I woke up in the morning and decided to rest a bit more Its not that clear anymore but I had a series of dreams that were weird and lucid. I tapped in the sound coming from the tv in his room and I swear I could see it. Sometimes it felt like my eyes were even open.
Now this one freaked me out... I awoke from the weird series of dreams and decided to rest again our of curiousity... this time I was focusing on something and I realized I was looking at
my bed sheets but like while dreaming... again I think my eyes were open but I don't think they were. Then all of a sudden I see a painting-like face on the white wall facing me in bed
It looked like a blochy painting of a turquoise face.. Not sure why that freaked me out - I wanted to wake up and tried to force myself to and it felt like my eyes were in REM? Or head was spazzing as I awoke from that scary face.

Now it all felt like hallucinations. My final question is - What was that now, and why the hell has this been happening for the past 2 days? Especially when I've never experienced this before or haven't lucid in a long time.

To my understanding I can only think of one reason - my body has been dead tired lately and my mind is awake? Its that feeling I get when I'm high on caffeine and I'm really awake but my body is tired and dead, I tend to stay really still in this state. Feels like I'm sleeping but I'm not. So maybe I'm not in deep sleep hence becoming lucid?

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Re: Help? What just happened?

Postby hydro1 » July 4th, 2014, 5:47 pm

I think this was an Oobe,i had a similar experience myself, you called it when you said you were in the mind awake body asleep state in hat state your body experience sleep paralysis and during sleep paralysis you experience images like you saw depending on if you are in panic mode or just comfortable. in your first one you were more relaxed in SP, but the second one you paniced a little when you panic you have bad experiences but in a relaxed state of mind you tend to have pleasant experiences. and lastly its happening to you because that's when astral projection usually happen, when you not expecting it, and the person you thought was your friends could have been a being disguised as him, not sure of that one you will have to confirm that experience with them, if they don't recall it it isn't because it wasn't them its just they don't remember. now I will link my similar experience here topic884.html
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Postby fairyana » July 5th, 2014, 12:53 pm

I also think you had an AP because you seem to have been very aware of what was going on with you. Ap and lucid dreams are the same thing except in AP your level of awareness of lucidity is a lot higher than in a lucid dream. In LD your consciousness is aware that you are in a dream, but not aware that you are outside your body, so you are still inside your psyche. In AP your consciousness is aware that you are outside your body and psyche. You don't see yourself in your dream, you see yourself in the astral dimension.

Alkenstein
Neophyte

Postby Alkenstein » July 7th, 2014, 4:40 am

hydro1 wrote:I think this was an Oobe,i had a similar experience myself, you called it when you said you were in the mind awake body asleep state in hat state your body experience sleep paralysis and during sleep paralysis you experience images like you saw depending on if you are in panic mode or just comfortable. in your first one you were more relaxed in SP, but the second one you paniced a little when you panic you have bad experiences but in a relaxed state of mind you tend to have pleasant experiences. and lastly its happening to you because that's when astral projection usually happen, when you not expecting it, and the person you thought was your friends could have been a being disguised as him, not sure of that one you will have to confirm that experience with them, if they don't recall it it isn't because it wasn't them its just they don't remember. now I will link my similar experience here topic884.html

I understand what I could be experiencing, I guess it kinda frightened me because it was generally a first and experiencing something abnormal put me in that state of shock. Funny enough my friend that I saw in there was over the other day and he was talking about how his dad's friend was over for dinner and they had a big conversation on religion/spirituality/the universe, like a philosophical talk on life after death. He seemed big on AP and all this other stuff... I'm just thinking how my friend never talks about this stuff, but I do know his aware of what it is, so I decided to coincidentally speak about my experience with him.

We forgot the day it happened but he reckons I saw him with the girl he was talking with at work... no clue, it surprised me in a way especially when the description of the girl seemed a lot similar. I did however remember the time was around 7pm so it gave us a bit of a hint. Is this all possible?

Alkenstein
Neophyte

Postby Alkenstein » July 7th, 2014, 4:49 am

fairyana wrote:I also think you had an AP because you seem to have been very aware of what was going on with you. Ap and lucid dreams are the same thing except in AP your level of awareness of lucidity is a lot higher than in a lucid dream. In LD your consciousness is aware that you are in a dream, but not aware that you are outside your body, so you are still inside your psyche. In AP your consciousness is aware that you are outside your body and psyche. You don't see yourself in your dream, you see yourself in the astral dimension.

The two things that gave it away for me was the feeling of rapidly falling back into my body with the wind-like sound. 2nd thing - well in the past I read upon this guy who's had countless experiences and he says if you enter the realm with fear, then you attract negative entities that scare you back into your physical body. The whole 'stare' and making me uncomfortable, while finally morphing into a grotesque humanoid gave me that thought.

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » July 7th, 2014, 11:09 am

yea its possible but most of the time its difficult to accomplish being in the same projection as someone else. well it's good you got a confirmation, maybe you and your friend should talk more about how each other do it and give each other pointers, since he's is a bit experienced, all the while you will be getting help from us as well so you will have a better chance at this if you choose to keep pursuing it. don't hesitate to post more experiences when you have them, also keep a dream/projection journal it helps too, with inspiration and such, hope to hear more from you, til then keep us posted. also check out others experience too.
Go hard or not at all

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion