Last visit was: June 25th, 2017, 5:37 am

It is currently June 25th, 2017, 5:37 am

Help with a method my daughter made up.

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
fgoad88
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Help with a method my daughter made up.

Postby fgoad88 » October 11th, 2014, 3:25 pm

I haven't had much luck with lucid dreaming.So my daughter says to me all you have to do is focus on your eyelids blinking up and down until you reach rem sleep.Will this work?And has anybody on this board ever heard of or tried this method before?

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Re: Help with a method my daughter made up.

Postby fairyana » October 11th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Never heard of it. But wouldn't hurt to try. :)
Do you have any books on the subject of LD? Have you read any?

fgoad88
Initiate

Postby fgoad88 » October 11th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Yes I have read and own a book on lucid dreaming.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 11th, 2014, 9:23 pm

fgoad88 wrote:I haven't had much luck with lucid dreaming.So my daughter says to me all you have to do is focus on your eyelids blinking up and down until you reach rem sleep.Will this work?And has anybody on this board ever heard of or tried this method before?

When you said “focus on your eyelids blinking up and down until you reach REM sleep”, did you mean the physical action of blinking up and down or the mental imagination of blinking up and down until you reach REM sleep?

Either way -yes, this method is likely a variant of the MILD technique from the Lucid Dream literature.

Blinking the physical eyelids can trick the body to make it think that it is sleepier than it is, and thus it can encourage quicker sleep during the opportune time. Activation of the REM period depends on the sleep cycle (or sleep period) and not on techniques per se (unless the sleep period is part of the technique). Therefore if she happens to be using the blinking method during or just before a REM cycle, likely in the mornings after a few hours of continuous sleep, the method could give the impression that the blinking is initializing the cycle, when more accurately, it has incubated in the memory as a “dream trigger” that prompts her self-awareness. This is commonly referred to as a mnemonic. In essence, the mnemonic or the MILD (Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams) is a method that trains the self-awareness, making it easier to recognize when you are dreaming. Mnemonics that are personal are powerful aids for Lucid Dreaming.

Ask her if she finds herself blinking the dream eyes just before gaining lucidity. If she doesn’t, then it is likely an indirect method for self-awareness. If she does, then it is a likely direct method for self-awareness. In the general sense: a direct method is usually considered and out-of-body experience; an indirect method is usually considered a Lucid Dream experience. The difference being the continuity of the onset, the start or the beginning. But this is debatable. In my opinion it's not important to emphasize the labels, but it can help to understand them in the quest for lucidity.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » October 12th, 2014, 12:02 pm

I've done it before, to trigger my body to fall asleep, it worked too, but every time I go to do any technique a second time it don't want to work, why is that?
Go hard or not at all

fgoad88
Initiate

Postby fgoad88 » October 12th, 2014, 1:53 pm

I asked here and she said she does the imaginary part only jettins

Astralnaut
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 50

Postby Astralnaut » October 12th, 2014, 3:43 pm

lately i have quite many semi lucid dreams, but i have problem controlling them. Many of you might feel that feeling that says you cant achieve LD, i try to fix that pattern of sabotage like i like to call it. mind is a mysterious thing, we think it should help us to live our lives, but a lot of people seem to be experiencing sabotage created by their own minds :?

xxfmxx
Initiate

Postby xxfmxx » October 12th, 2014, 10:41 pm

fgoad88 wrote:I asked here and she said she does the imaginary part only jettins

this sounds similar to what ive been doing alot lately
only while you are blinking your eyes try to visualize a scene,thing or a place ... but you have to almost trick your mind into thinking that the scene has already formed..you cant wish the scene to form(ex. i want a tree to appear ).... almost like squinting the scene into existence .if i can compare it to anything it would be like the frames of an animation ...the scene actually begins to fade in its kind a like the castle rock movie studio intro the intro is at around 1:40ish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BHLFIzNqOU (atleast thats what it looks like to me )... but thus far this technique has been the most successful for me and the easiest to do and replicate..i actually notice that this works better when i actually have a pretty specific set goal,place, and or person in mind. otherwise i find my self somewhere i did not intend to be or somewhere abstract or cartoony..i once lded into a cave that was filled with a bunch of warner bros like cartoon characters (im pretty sure bugs bunny was there or a poor rip off of bugs bunny) that were doing a bunch of random stuff ...kinda puzzled me at first becuase of the randomness but then it freaked me out a little so i ended my dream prematurely

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion