Last visit was: June 28th, 2017, 4:06 pm

It is currently June 28th, 2017, 4:06 pm

New user, looking for some understanding.

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
zerovelocity
Neophyte
AP/LD Count: 0

New user, looking for some understanding.

Postby zerovelocity » December 30th, 2013, 4:38 am

Hello,
I was really hoping to share my experiences with someone who can relate and or could help Me understand what I've been experiencing. A little over a year ago I learned about astral projection
And was attracted to the idea that it represents. I followed the tutorials and read the forms
To attempt the learn the technics. I don't believe that I have ever succeeded, but in my attempts 'when I was trying' I could see through my eyes even though I was sleeping and they were closed.... everything appeared about 30-40% darker (reduction of light) then being awake. While in this state I'm aware that I'm sleeping, can hear the television if it's on and can see the room, a few times in this state when I wake up I'm face down but still was able to see as if I was on my back. I can't move more than my fingers. I try to get up or concentrate on getting up but i can never make it. I become overwhelmed with a feeling terror and eventually just wake my self up which I can do at will now since I started my attempts. I read that I would hear a buzzing that could be used as an indicator that I was close and too just ignore it and push on but I've never heard this. I stopped my attempts awhile ago but now I frequently wake up in that state where I'm fully aware but can't move. It just happened again this morning which is what prompted me to reach out. This morning I actually tried to get up but again just became overwhelmed with fear as if I was going to die. Has anyone experienced things like this? What can I do to take to the next level? Thanks in advance.

Mavie
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Re: New user, looking for some understanding.

Postby Mavie » December 30th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Hi Zerovelocity! Welcome to the forum! I'm new here as well. I have been attempting to astral project for about 5 months which for me means that along with attempting to separate from my body I have been reading and listening non stop to everything and anything I can get my hands on. I'll give you my opinion on some of the things you mentioned, but its just that - an opinion. There are other members who are much more experienced and knowledgeable who's opinions you'll also want to get.

zerovelocity wrote: I become overwhelmed with a feeling terror and eventually just wake my self up which I can do at will now since I started my attempts. I read that I would hear a buzzing that could be used as an indicator that I was close and too just ignore it and push on but I've never heard this. I stopped my attempts awhile ago but now I frequently wake up in that state where I'm fully aware but can't move. It just happened again this morning which is what prompted me to reach out. This morning I actually tried to get up but again just became overwhelmed with fear as if I was going to die.

This, first and foremost, I would say is your biggest issue to overcome if you want to get further. A calm state of mind is really important. I have an issue with excitement, as I am a very enthusiastic person and it took a lot of learning and discipline to keep my excitement at bay during the vibration state. I lost all sensations many times at that point because my excitement got the best of me. Fear can do this too. If you are struck by a sense of fear so intense that you call it terror and feel like you could die, well of course you aren't going to get any deeper because you pretty much just put up a Do Not Enter sign. So why are you so afraid? With most things, the unknown seems to trigger an intense fear. Couple that with feelings of paralysis and (now that you are aware of astral projection) the thought of leaving your body and traveling into yet another unknown- fear makes a lot of sense. In my opinion, the best thing you can do is get educated as much as you possibly can so the unknown become known. Read read read. Ask questions on here. I'm not sure if you're the "spiritual" type or not but if all things spiritual are alien to you, it will be hard for you to move further so again-read. If it is a fear of the paralysis you'll find your answers and have a more internalized understanding that it is all part of the process for some. If its fear of what awaits after separation you'll learn there is nothing to fear there either, in fact there are topics in this forum that discuss fears of what its like out of the body and the many ways you are protected outside your body. So figure out what exactly is scaring you and (you guessed it) read. Educate yourself as much as you can. You will also learn that while in this state you have more power than you might actually think you do. You are not at the whim of the universe. You have control. That being said (for the most part) you can only go as far as you' re willing and as far as you allow. Reading also saturates your subconscious on the subject. In a state where thought is a mode of communicating and transportation, it goes without saying that thought is a pretty big deal- subconscious thoughts included. After you do your reading and get over that fear through understanding, I think you might really benefit from affirmation techniques for astral projection <-- google that. Those are my thoughts on the issue of fear.

zerovelocity wrote: I read that I would hear a buzzing that could be used as an indicator that I was close and too just ignore it and push on but I've never heard this.

That's the vibration state but some people don't feel them from what I've read. I am not knowledgeable enough to be completely confident in this opinion, but If you can see around you, I would think you were past the vibration state and ready to move around. Your fear and panic are holding you back. The only other thing I can think of is maybe remote viewing on a small scale? That is a complete hunch but, it just doesn't make sense to me that you are able to see with closed physical eyes with out separation. I've also read about people being "stuck" once they get to that point. Having a clear and focused intention as to why you want to astral project and really saturating your mind with that intention can help. Some of the things that can cause the "stuck" feeling is focusing too much on the physical body (again it has so much to do with thought that if you are thinking too much of the physical body that's exactly where you will stay. You're astral body is not paralyzed. It is the exact opposite but focusing so much on your physical immobilizes your astral), chakra issues, eating a high protein meal before bed and one person even said wearing jewelry. First and foremost you need to tackle that fear and make peace with sleep paralysis.Then, if your still stuck those are some other little things you might want to look in to. Also, on the topic of chakras, you may want to read a little on opening and training your third eye to help with your vision.

Finally, I have been woking on this for 5 months and can't see a thing. I'm jealous! haha j/k but all jokes aside, it's fantastic that you can! Keep learning, understand the things that scare you and ask the experienced members here for guidance. I can't wait to hear more. I just know once you get to the root of that fear and approach this with confidence and and calmness you are going to be well on your way to an amazing experience. Keep us posted!! :D

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » December 30th, 2013, 3:18 pm

welcome to the forum, from what you saying it sounds like you been experiencing sleep paralysis which is the best state to be in for an astral projection, or what we like to call mind awake body asleep method, but what you need to deal with is the fear. don't be scared because that is when you mind reacts and start creating things out of that fear, so you have to get that under control, you need to realizes that astral projection is nothing to be afraid of, once you get over the fear the next step in your case is to exit your body, since you always exp sleep paralysis, all you have to do now is find an exit strategy, you can use the roll out exit, the rope exit, or imagine yourself floating over your body which ever the one you feel comfortable doing.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » December 30th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Hello zerovelocity,

Yes, sleep paralysis indeed. Mavie and Hydro have shared their take on it, great. This topic is widely available. If you want to get in depth info on sleep paralysis I would suggest reading the short book called "Sleep Paralysis" by Michael Beloved first. The reason for this is because the more you learn, the less you can fear. Besides, a person probably doesn't want to scare themselves for lack of knowledge when they feel a "presence in the room" for instance. Mixing the initially-natural fear of sleep paralysis and then superimposing this fear into an "entity" is not a good habit my friend. But I say this in general sense, not that it happens to you. Here is a short excerpt from a post made by Michael on the issue. I could also search for you some posts made on this subject.

Michael Beloved wrote:This is an example of sleep paralysis of the physical body and also temporary paralysis of the astral body. Sleep paralysis as a condition is usually considered to be just the situation of not being able to mobilize the physical form but invariable, there might be some psychic paralysis as well on the subtle side.

When the two bodies are paralysis simultaneously, the natural reaction is to panic, to become alarmed and to try to wake up on the physical side. However in some experiences there might be no desire to wake up physically because the person on the astral side would be identifying that side as the physical side even though it is not that.

When the astral body is in a crisis, the life force on the physical side, once it detects the situation will yank the astral form into itself and re-synchronize that astral body. If the life force is unable to do that efficiently, the person will experience a sleep paralysis.

If the life force does not detect the crisis, then the person who is on the astral side, focused there, will try to escape from the crisis astrally into that astral place and when this action is committed, it will cause the life force on the physical side to be alerted. The result of this alert is the yanking of the astral form to bring it back instantly into the physical one. But this reentry might be without the proper synchronization which will be interpreted as not being able to operate the physical body as usual.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

fairyana
Initiate

Postby fairyana » January 2nd, 2014, 6:50 am

Kurt Leland explains in his book how he uses sleep paralysis as a "platform" into astral projection. Jettins, do you remember how he does it? This may help zerovelocity out. By the way, welcome to the forum Zero and Mavie!

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » January 3rd, 2014, 1:11 am

heres what me and omkar discussed about SP

hydro1> hey everyone hows it going

[23:53] <OmkAR> hey

[23:53] <hydro1> hey is it true that once you face yourfears about SP you stop exping it as often like say if you always exp it and you face your fears about it will you basically stop having it as often as you did

[23:56] <hydro1> i ask because theres this guy on the site who always has them and i'm afraid once he faces his fears about it he will stop exping it as often then hewill have to find another method of astral projection

[23:56] <OmkAR> um

[23:56] <OmkAR> SP happens out of the blue, randomely on its own

[23:56] <OmkAR> once a year for me

[23:57] <OmkAR> u don't go into SP while DEILD'ing or WILDing

[23:57] <OmkAR> or OBE usually

[23:58] <OmkAR> if you find yourself in scary SP, you can seperate, from that 'stuck' body, and as soon as you do, the scary noises and stuff will stop

[23:58] <OmkAR> and you'll go into a 'cleaner' dream enviroment

[23:58] <OmkAR> cleaner and quieter

[00:06] <hydro1> yea thats what hes exping the scary one but if he faces those fears he may stop having then often

[00:06] <hydro1> cause fear is the only reason he exping it all the time

[00:07] <OmkAR> ya

[00:08] <OmkAR> he has to realize that 'state' is his

[00:08] <OmkAR> its not a scary place, it's HIS place

[00:08] <OmkAR> he has to claim ownership

[00:09] <OmkAR> then it becomes your personal fun/haunted house

[00:09] <OmkAR> hehe

[00:09] <OmkAR> i remember when i was a kid, i used to pretend i was a vampire, and all the ghosts and scary stuff were my friends

[00:09] <OmkAR> and that changes it
OmkAR> then they are your scary ghost minins

[00:09] <OmkAR> minions
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » January 12th, 2014, 5:05 pm

Fairyana wrote:Kurt Leland explains in his book how he uses sleep paralysis as a "platform" into astral projection. Jettins, do you remember how he does it? This may help zerovelocity out. By the way, welcome to the forum Zero and Mavie!

Hello Fairyana,

I was reviewing older posts today and saw that you had asked a question. The long post that followed must have drowned out your smaller post.

I don't remember Kurt Leland's technique to turn sleep paralysis into a projection. Is it in the book: Otherwhere or in the Multidimensional Human?

Anyone is welcome to resurrect old threads or start a new thread. Now that I got some of the stuff I’ve been thinking off my chest, I will be more specific and concise with my replies.

Take are everyone!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

fairyana
Initiate

Postby fairyana » January 14th, 2014, 5:46 am

Hi Jettins, Kurt mentions his technique in the book Otherwhere. I'm terrible at visualizing something when it's described through writing. I'm more of a visual person. So that's why although Kurt explained it in his book, I wasn't able to really grasp what he was saying.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » January 14th, 2014, 6:12 am

Ok, The multidimensional human is all about developing astral projection technique. When I go over it I will make a few posts.

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion