Last visit was: June 28th, 2017, 4:05 pm

It is currently June 28th, 2017, 4:05 pm

Newbies, be confident!

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Rodge
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 3

Newbies, be confident!

Postby Rodge » October 7th, 2012, 2:50 pm

For me it was kind of a struggle to have my first experiences in the other reality. Overthinking, different concepts and techniques, fear, simply not sticking to my plans with dreams and oobes. All of that made it kind of hard for me
HOWEVER:
I was talking to some people about it. Specifically my girlfriend and my flatmate. And after an evening of talking about the subject, watching videos etc. they both experienced sleep paralysis and right away they were able to leave theyr bodies. First attempt!

So even if it is a struggle for you, stick to it. Tell others about it. In my case I learned a lot from them just by seeing them doing it. When my girlfriend did it i actually lay beside her watching. Very interesting! I learned from the talanted ones so to say. And this is a big motivation for me!

Cheers!

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Re: Newbies, be confident!

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 7th, 2012, 3:44 pm

Thanks so much for saying Rodge. It's true that we cannot not know who will be able to have a seemingly spontaneous experience after a conversation about the subject. I had my first Out-of-body experience a day or two after listening to an Albert Taylor interview on the subject.

Great post!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Postby fairyana » October 8th, 2012, 12:56 pm

I think I'm letting fear get the best of me. These past nights I've been thinking "I have too many fear issues and this might make any OBE attempt a scary experience for me". So my dream recolection became harder these past nights. So I just realized even if I do have a negative experience, it will happen to help me. I'll try to buil up my confidence!

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 8th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Fairyana,

I think you're already going to beautiful places in the astral dimensions, only thing left to do is to remember and become aware of when it's happening. Focus on the good things as you go. You could train with "reality checks" to help you become spontaneously lucid from within a dream.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Phoenix
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby Phoenix » October 11th, 2012, 9:52 am

I haven't had any success yet, but I have only just begun. My experience so far is simply research into 'metaphysical' knowledge.

Two things stand out in my mind as I wait patiently and work expectantly to have a lucid dream/astral travel/OOBE.

The first is that if (okay let's say when) I have this kind of experience, it will be first-hand experiential proof that something more than meets the eye really exists.
I have had some experiences in my life that lead me to think that anyway, but direct conscious experience of a lucid 'dream world' or being aware outside my physical body would be conclusive for me.
I seek this experience to validate that there is really more more to existence than meets the eye. This will fuel further contemplation, study and exploration.

The second thing is that it seems, um well fun doesn't quite sound right. Maybe exciting? Energizing?

The whole concept is so wild, so amazing. If you can perceive the world from outside your body, and you know for yourself it was true, then what else might be really true?
Spirit worlds, life after death, telepathy, healing, learning from records of the universe (Akashic Records?). I mean WOW.
Think about most people struggling through their lives, thinking that this is all there is...and then you die.
When there is actually amazing stuff going on all around, and there is reason and purpose to life, endless fun and adventure.

Sometimes just thinking about this stuff gives me the same feeling of joyful wonder I used to have as a kid!
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

Rodge
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 3

Postby Rodge » October 11th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Well Phoenix, maybe your first experience will not be that eye opening as you might think it to be right now. I've described my interest for the topic quite similar as you did right here when I started out. Now that it happened to me several times it isn't a big deal anymore. I must say that I wasn't able yet to explore the other reality as some others do it here. I do know however that I'm able to do it and that there is something waiting for me if I just keep up the work. That gives me the patience and the confidence that was lacking before I got a glimpse of the true nature of my nightly consciousness.

If you stay in touch with us and practice you will experience it for sure. Took me 2 years cause I had some breaks from it. Like i have posted, my friend and my girlfriend did it the first time they tried. You never know... :mrgreen:

oh btw...science has already proven that there is more then meets the eye (aka visible light spectrum) ;)

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » October 11th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Well since everyone mentioning their first times i guess i'll tell mine....for me i knew no such thing even existed...i was into things like the subject like differ dimension cause i always thought i was from one i never felt quite right here on the physical plane..i thought i was from the netherworld world of mythical creature like fairies and such...i actually visited the place once when my friend told me it was a way to get back to where i belonged.....anyway i was just trying to take a nap and heard myself snoring then suddenly my arm felt light and started floating....then my head felt ffloaty...only my top half got out and then it was over...and everysince i been trying to create that same senario but couldn't figure out what i did.and 3-5 years later here i am still trying not accomplishing much...such a drag.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 11th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Phoenix wrote:The whole concept is so wild, so amazing. If you can perceive the world from outside your body, and you know for yourself it was true, then what else might be really true?

Hello Phoenix, I am glad your back active in the forum. Indeed it is amazing, and it doesn't seize to amaze me because there is always something new lurking in the next corner.

Rodge, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Patience and confidence is indeed very important. I think building up to this goal should be the first thing. It will set the stage for experiences to start to happen when the time is right.

Have a great day!

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 11th, 2012, 5:50 pm

hydro1 wrote:only my top half got out and then it was over...and every since i been trying to create that same senario but couldn't figure out what i did.and 3-5 years later here i am still trying not accomplishing much...such a drag

It's interesting that after your first spontaneous out-of-body experience you started a quest to learn and re-peat it. It appears to me like you needed to have that single experience to get you going forward towards achieving your destiny. The rest, you will create yourself when the time is right it will happen for you. In the mean time there are many things that you are learning in preparation for what is to follow.

Have a great day!

Phoenix
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby Phoenix » October 12th, 2012, 6:31 am

Rodge wrote:oh btw...science has already proven that there is more then meets the eye (aka visible light spectrum) ;)

HaHaHa! Oh yeah! Let me just get my notebook. Find proof that there's more than meets the eye? TICK. :P
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion