OOBE Research Center: Pinched Nose Reality Check info

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Summerlander

Post by Summerlander » February 8th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Hi!

There are many occasions where one enters the phase and mistakes it for the physical world. There are instances where separation from the body merely involves getting out of bed and everything is so realistic that the individuals believes they have moved physically.

Instances where one is in the phase without knowing it are normally referred to as "false awakenings", however, even when one intentionally wishes to have an OOBE and separates (by rolling over and out or getting up) the initial stages of the phase experience can come with doubt about the nature of the environment. In such cases, even though practitioners are as mindful as they would be in wakefulness (a property of the phase state) they may need to perform a reality check - after all, doubt can also emerge when one is really awake.

According to our study, it seems that, statistically, the pinched nose reality check is fairly reliable. In any case, it is worth giving this a read for further understanding:

http://research.obe4u.com/pinched-nose- ... -of-phase/

Once again, for those who are not familiar with the term "phase", it simply refers to OOBEs/AP/LD. We believe they are all the same thing. To put it pragmatically, it is just lucid dreaming. The "phase state" is a technical way of addressing the hybrid phase between wakefulness and REM. A phase that can be deepened, maintained, prolonged, and taken advantage of to our benefit and the benefit of others.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 8th, 2012, 10:41 pm

Hello Summerlander,

This happened to me today. I attempted to have an OBE from within a dream. I thought the dream was the physical reality, so when I failed to complete separation, I lost lucidity. I successfully induced the vibrational state, recognized it and partially separated, it was the location in the dream that threw me off, this i just fine as my success rate at inducing is still pretty high. I call prefer to call "reality checks", "states checks" Since I am already making myself aware of a possible non-physical reality before I test them.

The state check that I prefer doing is "fingers through the wrist". I like to visually see my states checks, instead of feeling them with the pinching of the nose. I've done then all at one point or another to verify my state, I am sticking with fingers through wrist because it has become the reflect action of choice.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Summerlander

Post by Summerlander » February 9th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Hi, Jettins!

I's say that if the fingers through the wrist is working for you and you have familiarised yourself with it, then stick to it. There is another very effective way of checking which people might want to try. In Michael Raduga's "School of Out-of-Body Travel" it is referred to as the "hyper-concentration" method. This is what it entails (quoting from the book itself):

"After exiting the phase, look at a small object from a distance of four to six inches, and remain focused on it for 10 seconds. If the object does not change, a practitioner can be assured that the surroundings are reality. If an object is somehow distorted or askew, a practitioner knows that the phase is intact. The simplest option is to look at the tip of the finger since it is always close at hand. It is also possible to take a book and examine its text. Text in the phase will either blur or appear as alphabetical gibberish, or be full of incomprehensible symbols."

- Michael Raduga

Ryan

Post by Ryan » February 9th, 2012, 3:13 pm

I was in the non-physical the other morning and only realized it after looking at my hands and noticing the distortions. :)

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 9th, 2012, 5:40 pm

I have noticed similar effects when looking at objects and doing what Raduga would call hyper concentration.

At times the object will change its form reviling its deeper symbol. Other times I've noticed that the area of my head feels as if it expands and the entire visual reality morphs according to the level of hyper concentration.

Other times I've gone further and the reality around breaks apart. In this particular experience I was outside my house floating and as I hyper concentrated in traveling faster than light, the astral realm itself folded. The earth underneath me broke apart and folded unto itself (similar to the scene from "inception") then smaller pieces that broke off as it folded in itself floated in a white void. I floated in this very abstract looking realm and noticed there was a giant Leaf floating the size of a bus. It had an eye near the stem area, and the rest of the surface was filled with what could best be described as circular vortex like portals. Some interesting scene indeed.

These are from memory, no doubt I could find dozens of examples of similar effects. I wouldn't be so definite to say there is a better or simpler technique to identify state, unless someone has been exposed to several and chosen a preferred one. I am not saying you are. I am saying that others might experience reality in the realms different than me, they might notice new effects depending how someone processes/senses this information.

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Summerlander

Post by Summerlander » February 10th, 2012, 8:35 am

That scene from Inception where the ground folds is amazing. That film has done a good job in popularising the phase. By the way, it really is about what you prefer and what works best for you. Raduga encourages the novice to try all sorts of techniques and see what works best (while bearing in mind that just because something doesn't work at first it doesn't mean that it will never work).

Sometimes, just looking at the hands is enough to discern what state of consciousness you are in. Xanth's hand distortions are quite common.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 10th, 2012, 9:28 am

Hand distortions are common indeed. I've noticed the elongated and ghostly fingers that Robert Bruce mentioned in his Astral Dynamics book. Very interesting.