Overcoming Nervousness of AP

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
CaseyR86
Neophyte
count: 0

Overcoming Nervousness of AP

Post by CaseyR86 » December 27th, 2015, 8:27 pm

Just looking for any tips, ideas, or advice on how to overcome being nervous about astral projection. I would like to experience AP, but feel a little nervous about it. I think I was pretty close to doing it last night but once I got to the part of experiencing the rapid heartbeat I got a little freaked out. I don't fear leaving my body, but I do somewhat fear the discomfort of the racing heart & vibrations. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on how to push past the fear of theses sensations. I know surely there is someone here who wouldn't mind lending their knowledge or expertise to an AP newbie. I'd really be grateful if someone could help me out.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Overcoming Nervousness of AP

Post by hydro1 » December 27th, 2015, 9:28 pm

In my opinion it never goes away til you have a projection first hand, but for first timers I'd say just meditate, and read the right knowledge about it instead of this stuff that people say about it.
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » December 28th, 2015, 9:33 am

Think of it this way, you are not actually leaving your body. This metaphor helps: your body is like a TV and your mind/consciousness is the satellite signal. The satellite signal is everywhere, it doesn't leave the TV when the TV is off cause the TV is immerse in it. When you are in the Astral, you are using another TV set, your "astral tv set" to manifest the satellite signal. If you see it for what it is, your consciousness switching reality frames, may be it'll become less scary.

CaseyR86
Neophyte

Post by CaseyR86 » December 28th, 2015, 2:40 pm

Thank you Hydro & Fairyana for reading & replying. You both have given me helpful advice for sure. I've went back to doing more research. I did a positive energy meditation before I tried to AP again last night. It helped some, but I'm still kinda blocking myself with some fear. I feel like each time I do give it try I become a little less nervous. I'm just easing into it.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » December 28th, 2015, 6:24 pm

I still have my fears too, but not necessarily of Astral projecting, but the fear or not accomplishing what it is I want to do. Afraid of if I do or don't do what I am aiming to do....I'm afraid of the results, more so the negative results of it not going as I'd hoped
And on being this way o think it has hindered me from achieving a projection even when I'm trying every night. Time is running out for me, because life is moving to fast and I'm still worried and afraid. Bout time I do achieve the projection I'd be too late to make the change that I been fighting myself to make.
Go hard or not at all

CaseyR86
Neophyte

Post by CaseyR86 » December 28th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Hydro I could relate to your fears of it not being what you hope. There's a lot of things in my life that I expected to be a certain way & it didn't turn out to be at all what I expected. But I think maybe AP will be something far better then what we hope. I can tell you're disappointed it hasn't happened yet, but as I've read it's possible for everyone. You have a desire & determination so it will happen. Maybe it's like a lot of things in life where if you stop trying, or stop trying so hard it will happen. The other night when I was close, I thought to myself "I'm going to just try & see what happens". I went in in the mind state of if it happens great if it doesn't I won't get disappointed. And it almost happened. Last & night & today I've tried, & tried too hard & haven't even gotten close again. Maybe you could try thinking that before you go into it. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, & hope you will be able to achieve all that you set out to achieve ; )

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » December 29th, 2015, 7:41 pm

Thanks. I've had projection don't get me wrong, but I rarely have control of anything, I just can't seem to have anymore for some reason, but I will try the method you spoke of, I've been trying for 4+ years. The ones I do get are the ones where I don't have control or I forget what it was I wanted to do and fall into a scenario. But i haven't had a controled projection in 2 years.
Go hard or not at all

CaseyR86
Neophyte

Post by CaseyR86 » December 30th, 2015, 9:38 pm

You're welcome ; ) Two years is quite awhile. So what happens after you leave your body? Does it seem like you just can't project for very long? On the up side you're able to project which shows capability. You've got the most important piece to the puzzle now it seems like it's just a matter of finding maybe a technique to master control over your projection.
I tried to AP again today, & again tried thinking if it happens it happens, etc, & I think I may have gotten to a light vibrational phase. But I'm unsure. What do the vibrations feel like for you? If what I experienced was vibrations, it felt more like shaking to me. Almost like the shaking a person might get when they are holding up something heavy in their arms or on their legs. I experienced this first in my shoulders & arms, then in my legs. I also got this strange feeling in my third eye region like something was being pulled out of my forehead (if that makes sense). And my legs felt like they were made of air. It felt pretty cool.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » January 1st, 2016, 9:53 am

Well after I leave my body I usually wind up in some part of my home mostly my living room don't know why, and I usually wind up doing random stuff, or before I get to do anything I get sent back into my body, it really depends, either way I don't stay out very long, it all goes so fast. I've tried so many techniques, and still can't find one capable of sustaining a a good projection, most techniques give me maybe one or two projections then stop working all together, I don't get what the problem is. I don't usually get vibrations, I get other weird sensations, but when I do get them I feel exilerating. You know how when you lay on you hand and afterwards it has that tingling sensation? It's like that except it's all over your body and its way more intense but not painful, it feels like electricity, trust me you will know when you feel it. But people get all kinds of sensations not just vibrations. The sensation you are getting are part of the process, meaning you are close, just keep progressing on the path til you get the vibration, don't stop it at those other sensations push pass them, don't rush them just ease through them.
Go hard or not at all