Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 1:50 pm

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Questions for you guys

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Master roshi
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Questions for you guys

Postby Master roshi » January 17th, 2016, 10:14 pm

Just a few random questions for those of you that are somewhat experienced..or not. just kinda curious for some reason so answer what you can
1- Can you have an obe inside a lucid dream or vice versa and just stack them? Would that work? Have any of you ever experienced that? does anything differ the deeper you go down this road?
2- Do you guys have any cool experiences of meeting with beings that are not human, (good or bad or neutral?) astral or inside your dreams... How real did it feel and do you think that was to some extent?
3- Ever done drugs that are known or unknown to mankind? If its known to mankind and you've messed with it before, im guessing it was fairly similar to what its like in waking life
4- Do you guys meditate daily with the intent of opening/strenghtning a specific or all of your chakras? If so, do you believe you should work on them from the ground up and if you're advanced at this would you mind showing me how i can meditate (detailled) in order to reach a good balance and a strong aura, higher vibrational frequency etc (no need for binaural beats or pills or roots, i wanna learn to do this naturally but don't mind slightly changing my diet, it's fairly healthy compared to most people in north america anyways, im canadian btw)
5- When attempting to meditate I can reach relaxation but really have trouble going deep in to it and visualizing anything, any recommendations? Also, my back kinda ends up hurting after a while and it makes it harder to relax and think of nothing
and my attention is drawn towards the discomfort
6- having trouble just falling asleep at night recently..cant relax, cant get comfy, i just end up going on my phone doing stuff watching videos (mostly without looking at the screen just listening to something like family guy with my eyes closed 4 example) and then the whole night goes by in a blur and i dont remmeber wtf happened when i wake up the next morning.. i should probably stay away from teh electronics and relax have some tea then go to bed and keep a dream journal by my bedside for the morning eh?

Master roshi
Initiate

Re: Questions for you guys

Postby Master roshi » January 17th, 2016, 10:19 pm

Also, if the opportunity ever remotely presents itself ( i get close sometimes but never 100% go in to it) im kinda scared of astral projection cause i wouldnt know wtf id do if it worked.. and at the same time that feeling probably holds me back quite a bit,which is why i want to go in to a lucid dream and experience that before anything else cause at least I'd feel more in control of myself and my surroundings. I guess i need to be more passive and try not to resist when making the transition.

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » January 18th, 2016, 3:04 pm

Most people use LDs to achieve a ObE, it is more easier for people to have LDs than APs, so yes you can use it as an anchor to project I had a experience that begin as a LD and turned in AP.hydro1-journal/unexpected-flight-and-futuristic-device-t926.html#p4342

I've had mabe 2 experiences with some beings, but I hey were my guides, and another was with some beings who were trying to test me andy astral abilities.

Yes I've also had experiences where someone or thing would give me some sort of substance/drug, there were not known to be anything found in the physical plane

I've also done many chakra meditations, but mostly for my third eye, but I've done it to all at some point, I've felt many sensations as well when I did them, when I I opened all my chakras my body went numb and my hands got steaming hot, and I Actually had a projection because of it. I used to meditate regularly but I stopped, because to me it wasn't bringing me the results I was looking for, although I did have experiences from it.

I mostly just go with the flow when meditating but focus on whatever my objective is like my third eye area, and visualize it opening or visualize a indigo swirl or something there.

You don't have to necessarily layon your back, its whatever position you find that suits you, also it would help if you listen to something soothing to relax you as well like a water fall, get a conair sound machine it has many tranquil sounds to help relax you, or just listen to something relaxing before bed, meditate with it before bed and you will be fine

Also I will try to add the experiencs to go along with your questions, they are mostly in my journal, you can read it any time I have many experiences in there, Good luck hope answer you questions to your liking

3.hydro1-journal/family-the-occult-t555.html

2.hydro1-journal/min-meditation-day-passion-and-aliens-t656.html#p2965

4.hydro1-journal/bug-t375.html?hilit=Hot#p1219
Last edited by hydro1 on January 18th, 2016, 3:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Postby fairyana » January 18th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Hi Roshi.

Dreams, lucid dreams, astral projection and OBE are all the same phenomena where your consciousness "switches data stream" and the difference between these is just how aware we are when it happens. In dreams our awareness is so low, that crazy things happen and we don't even question them, we just go with the flow of whatever crazy thing is happening. When you gain awareness of what is happening, you realize you are in a dream, that's when you lucid dream. Then your awareness is so high and your mind is open enough that you'll experience the astral without the interference of your thoughts or your psyche and that's AP or OBE. Meditation helps our mind in achieving this mental state. I go from dream to lucid dream and back and have false awakenings all the time. It's just my awareness changing.

I used to meditate, but not anymore and I always did it laying on my back with a small pillow under my head. The one I really like is the Yoga Nidra. Though when we just try to quiet our mind, that helps too cause that's what meditation is all about, quieting that brain chatter. I like those coloring books and they say that's kind of like a way to meditate.

Master roshi
Initiate

Postby Master roshi » January 18th, 2016, 4:55 pm

@hydro sounds cool i'll check out your journal. As for the meditation position, i meant the one where you sit with your legs crossed, it just ends up aggravating my upper
back. I had read you werent supposed to meditate lying down, although it'd be more comfy. I kinda dont feel like i shouldnt be making excuses though, i'm young and in good health
@fairyana thanks for your answer,i'll check out yoga nidra and let you know how that turns out
Any tips for visualizing during meditation? I have this problem where I can relax the body but not the eyes and I don't visualize much

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » January 18th, 2016, 5:19 pm

I don't sit cross legged I usually just sit in my recliner or lay in bed but laying down only make you sleep so you can sit up in bed to do it as well. As for visualization you need to clear your mind of all thoughts, you can't work with a full canvas, figure out what it is you want to do and step by step visualize it, like flying, visualize the sky, the clouds, the wind, the way the wind feels. Incorporate everyday things into you canvas, like you already know what the wind feels like so incorporate that feeling into it, and don't forget to add yourself rather its full body or first person. Just give it a try. This is what I do. But since I'm good with it I just get right into it visualizing walking or flying. I visualize myself jumping out of a window and into the sky. Oce you get it down pack you will be able to visualize anything and make it happen.
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate

Postby fairyana » January 19th, 2016, 12:26 pm

In yoga nidra we start by focusing our attention on external sounds, then the sound of our breathing and then the parts of our body. Instead of trying to take the focus away from your eyes, focus on them! And then exercise where your attention goes. Also, if you itch, twitch, need to open your eyes and close them again, do it in a very easy going way without worrying as if it were part of the meditation and that will help you stay in the right mental state as oppose to getting upset that these things are happening.

fgoad88
Initiate

Postby fgoad88 » August 16th, 2016, 2:58 pm

Sorry i can't help you.I asked a series of questions awhile back too.:)No answers yet.:(

fairyana
Initiate

Postby fairyana » August 18th, 2016, 2:26 pm

I started meditating again. I'm doing Sahaja Yoga. I'll give all your questions another go:

1- Can you have an obe inside a lucid dream or vice versa and just stack them? Would that work? Have any of you ever experienced that? does anything differ the deeper you go down this road?
- Yes. I've experienced going from dream to lucid dream. I'm still working on lucid to OBE.

2- Do you guys have any cool experiences of meeting with beings that are not human, (good or bad or neutral?) astral or inside your dreams... How real did it feel and do you think that was to some extent?
- Not that I can remember

3- Ever done drugs that are known or unknown to mankind? If its known to mankind and you've messed with it before, im guessing it was fairly similar to what its like in waking life
- Nope

4- Do you guys meditate daily with the intent of opening/strenghtning a specific or all of your chakras? If so, do you believe you should work on them from the ground up and if you're advanced at this would you mind showing me how i can meditate (detailled) in order to reach a good balance and a strong aura, higher vibrational frequency etc (no need for binaural beats or pills or roots, i wanna learn to do this naturally but don't mind slightly changing my diet, it's fairly healthy compared to most people in north america anyways, im canadian btw)
- You should always work from Muladhara up to Sahastrara (down and up till the very top of your head). The kundalini energy that is just on top of Muladhara will work it's way up and will fix all the chakras on it's path. You'll know all your chakras are balanced if you feel a cool breeze at the top of your head. But first and foremost, you should awaken your kundalini in this very easy 20 minutes meditation. It's wonderful and powerful and highly recomend it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krs4pjFqzog

5- When attempting to meditate I can reach relaxation but really have trouble going deep in to it and visualizing anything, any recommendations? Also, my back kinda ends up hurting after a while and it makes it harder to relax and think of nothing
and my attention is drawn towards the discomfort
- First, try sitting on a chair with your back nicely relaxed. You don't need to be in lotus position, just a comfortable chair will do. Next, you shouldn't try to think of nothing. It's impossible! Instead you should try to be in "thoughtless awareness". You should be aware of yourself, of your breathing, of your energy... Just be aware of the moment your are in, and any thoughts and feelings you can just say "not now" or "I forgive you" and go back to being aware of the "now" you are in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntu8d_0ZQTY

6- having trouble just falling asleep at night recently..cant relax, cant get comfy, i just end up going on my phone doing stuff watching videos (mostly without looking at the screen just listening to something like family guy with my eyes closed 4 example) and then the whole night goes by in a blur and i dont remmeber wtf happened when i wake up the next morning.. i should probably stay away from teh electronics and relax have some tea then go to bed and keep a dream journal by my bedside for the morning eh?
- Yeah. Being in front of a screen doesn't really help. You should try to meditate at night and when you wake up.

Radiant
Initiate

Postby Radiant » October 27th, 2016, 4:04 pm

1. Yes on everything 2. It felt very real and was vivid. 3. Not that I can remember. 4. I don't meditate on a regular basis. Clear your mind and focus on where you want to go. 5. The bed is more comfortable. 6. Good idea.

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion