Last visit was: June 28th, 2017, 4:03 pm

It is currently June 28th, 2017, 4:03 pm

The Self, The Psyche & The ego

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

The Self, The Psyche & The ego

Postby Jettins \o/ » June 6th, 2012, 7:27 pm

From Mi Beloved - Meditation Time Full Post http://meditationtime.grou.ps/talks/6935327/
The self lives in a psyche and so when one goes internally, one is not going into the self but into the psyche in which the self is housed.

The way I see it is the following. When ones goes within, one goes into the psyche, the ego being the impulse driver of the psyche, the psyche creating a mirage of sorts blocking us from experiencing elements of the Self. I associate the Self with higher self or expanded states of being.

Imagine a security guard at night searching a warehouse; the security guide is looking around with a flash light device. He can only see the things he flashes his light on to so he shines his way; he stumbles upon the things he can’t see with his flash light. The light itself is the ego awareness, the security guard the” I” shining light into the warehouse that is the psyche. The psyche becomes difficult to decipher since there is only partial light shining into it by the ego, this makes one unable to perceive that there is something more outside the warehouse. When a better light illuminates it develops the psychic potential, (found by intention beyond the scope of the psyche) the link between the psyche and the Self, or the warehouse and what is outside of it. Doing this requires intimate knowledge of the working parts of the inner you. There is no way around it, you have to face yourself.

These states outside the warehouse are the higher states of being, boundless or unlimited states and can take astral forms and undefined forms. In these special states one experience’s elements or states of the Self, these are nonlinear states of being that are experienced as glimpses or insights because of its nature.

Imagine the ground or the dirt being the Self, the life bringer, and the seed of a plant being the psyche that will grow into a plant or a baby going into adulthood. The pant can live its entire existence without realizing anything else, but itself.

Core-Self to me sounds good, or True Self sounds good too.
Boundless-Self sounds nice

To confuse things further here is a bit of Existential philosophy, the subject in general is very interesting.

The Self is born, but the ego is made – Edgar Edinger

Personally I would change this up and say. “The psyche is born within the Self and the ego made” But then again I am not certain how he was using the terms.

“We are divided within; we are not a whole being within. We have the imperial self and then this thing called the ego, the ego being a construct of physical existence.” Michael Tsarion

“We can understand another human being only as we see what he is moving toward, what he is becoming; and we can know ourselves only as we “project our potential in action”. Edgar Edinger

The Existential Trinity – Existential Philosophy - The idea that we are 3 human beings at once

Umwelt – (“The world around you. “biological World & Environment)
Mitwelt – (“The With-World. “Society or community)
Eigenwelt – (“The Own-World. “Relationship with Oneself - inner being)

“Your body is an object of subjective thought, so the humans being mind and the act of perception nucleates the subject and object dichotomy. So weather any other teachers, any other gurus or any other techniques, even despite the fact that you may not even know this, you are in fact a transcended being that has nucleated opposites, when you know it, it helps.” - Michael Tsarion.

“In order to adjust to the Mitwelt, we don’t really do it as an imperial self, we do it as a pseudo self, so we have to dong a masquerade, we play an act a performance in order to adjust; there is the creation of the pseudo-self the actor. That pseudo self is a counterfeit self, and the ego or what we refer to as the ego, is basically the operating system, the engine behind it, that does meant you blame the ego, the ego is just instructed to do. Cursing or denouncing the ego is a sign of false teachers…” Michael Tsarion

I have being doing a bit more reading and updating http://www.astralvoid.com I amt thinking about releasing you tube videos soon to generate more interest. Most people get this kind of information via you tube. Better I adjust or my website and the content within could become unknown.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Re: The Self, The Psyche & The ego

Postby Jettins \o/ » June 6th, 2012, 7:31 pm

I will go ahead and try to answer these like if it was some kind of weirdo school test. From reading above it seems to me that I come from a different school of thought. To me dimensional existences are a sort of metaphors of being, so I will make my own metaphors, this requires I base my ever temporary conclusions from personal experience, and use others ideas and insights for analysis and never as dogma.

How does that attention mix with the other parts of the psyche, what is that attention.

Attention being the limited or concentrated focal point of ego awareness. like from the example above shining light into the psyche or our psychological make-up

Regarding the energy which goes out from the core-self to the other parts of the psyche, what is that?

Or the energy which goes out from the Self to other parts of the psyche. I do not know what it is, but I could tell you the form I think it takes. While still attached to the human brain it would take the form of psychic insights and glimpses.

How does it go out?

from core-self to psyche or from psyche to core-self? If from psyche to Self it is done with an intention that permeates through the psyche and into the Self (hmm, what is this process that I wont say it here yet that could also break the re-incarnation cycle?). What I will eventually refer to as states of expansion in my years to come. Forms of meditation might not be the only way to do this in my opinion, I will get to the bottom of it and report.. buzzer XX hehe

If from Self to psyche it happens for existential reasons for being here, from higher or divine order. Transcended and transfigured parts of the Self outside space/time coming to visit :) There are multiple expressions of this Self.

There is a permanent connection to it but usually obstructed, no solid psychic connection or not understood as the inner self (deep aspects of the psyche) is unknown. Unable to decipher states of being or what originates from within vs outside of the psyche during astral experiences.

You can call the Self the "the one" but with different expression such as in the Ten Sefirot of the Kabbalah. But I am going a little to fast with this right now. It's confusing to add more of this here.

What is its main pursuit?

Boundlessness, limitless or unconstricted states of being. Refer to my other posts to see what I mean on this.

Is it drawn out of the psyche?

Not drawn, but evolved out of the psyche.

Is it unwillingly or willingly pulled out of the core-self?

Buzzer XX
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » June 6th, 2012, 8:14 pm

From Alfredo: http://meditationtime.grou.ps/talks/6935327/

Jettins!

[The Existential Trinity – Existential Philosophy - The idea that we are 3 human beings at once]

Depends of how one looks at it.

In one approach, we are 2 beings, one on the surface, one behind the veil. The surface one comprises our ordinary exterior mind, life, body consciousness; the other behind the veil, an inner mind, an inner life, an inner physical consciousness that comprise the inner self. It is the latter that opens to the soul, and once, through spiritual evolution, it becomes conscious of it, it is the individual parcel of it that reincarnates, called the Psychic Being, which in each new birth appropriates a new mind, a new life, a new body. Thus each individual is quasi-unique, and Speedy Gonzalez, Paisano from Monterey, with a penchant for drinking American wine, does not necessarily reincarnates as the wino Giuseppe Postoli from Calabria.

In another way of looking at it, we are basically 3 beings: A physical being, a mental being, and a vital (or astral) being. There is a mental world and a vital (astral) world. Each one has its own laws and is vaster than the physical one we are so keen of. Their interaction with the physical world is not direct, but they somehow, impress, influence, permeate, pressure, the physical. Specifically the Astral world, the beings there are something else, as Michael masterfully describe them in Sex You!. Some are typal beings without a Psychic Being and its possibilities, so they are always quarreling to influence and posses here, thus every single case of mental health problem that is not organic is a total or partial possession. There you find the Pishachas and Rakshasas of Indian lore. The former are not that bad, they just kick you in the butt when you are going down a stairs and break a bone or two, and laugh at you. Some people here can psychically enter this world, occasionally, this can be learn, others, like Michael, have a permanent visa and roam there at will.

Then it gets complicated, there is a subtle physical world, closer to the physical, but not the same, many times more complicated and plastic than the physical, and gradation within the Astral world too. Then, finally, there are the heavenly worlds. They are above the body. All the others, physical, mental, astral, interact with the body, but the heavenly worlds are above it.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » June 6th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Hello Alfredo,

What a clear and refreshing way of putting it. Thanks for the post. There is even another way of looking at it, using the Kabbalah and The Ten Sefirot. I have re-interpreted it's meaning and found a fundamental compatibility with my current view, it can be highly categorized together. I was nearly re-writing each paragraph removing cultural dogma and re-interpreting it using astral states of being, in my mind fixing it on the fly, it was a very interesting experience for me to feel so connected to it. During one of my Astral experiences I encountered an enlightened being when requesting for higher knowledge, he showed me I book that I didn't understand, but I recognized it to be written in Hebrew. This is why I picked up The Essential Kabbalah by Daniel C. Matt.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Essential-Kabbalah-Jewish-Mysticism/dp/0062511637/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339026535&sr=1-1

Regarding the The Existential Trinity of philosophy, I think it only refers to the psyche. It goes on how to explain how, why and what breaks the psyche and categories each part. In this case poor ego, when it shines light to the psyche while in the Astral States it sees monsters sort of speak.

matt1971
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby matt1971 » June 14th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Jettins,

Very interesting post. I meant to reply to it sooner, but got sidetracked. You have a refreshing view of the psyche and what that construct entails. I personally like the theoretical model proposed by Freud of the id, ego, and superego with the addition (that Freud would not have approved of) of a higher self that exists both in tandem with and outside of, the id/ego/superego construct. I think that Freud's model is a satisfactory explanation of lower vibrational states of being, but does not account for higher levels of consciousness that his protege Jung began to explore in-depth. Another idea that resonates with me is partly based on a novel by Stanislaw Lem called Solaris (there are also two movies based on the novel, one U.S. and the other is Russian). The protagonists are in a space station that is orbiting a sentient planet that can read their thoughts and produce simulacra based on those thoughts. I imagine the universe/multiverse to be an infinitely large sentient being that has sent out probes (lifeforms, ie. humans,) in order to expand its own consciousness even further. Regardless of whether we are aware or not, we are always psychically linked to this sentient being that constructs holograms and simulacra that we interact with. Ultimately, we are capable of returning to the original, sentient consciousness, but first we must learn and evolve, collectively contributing to the evolution of the sentient consciousness.

Anyhow, that is my take on the subject. I certainly appreciate your theories as well and found a lot of food for thought in them. It seems that your astral experiences have given you a unique perspective! Thank you for recommending this post.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » June 15th, 2012, 1:33 am

I imagine the universe/multiverse to be an infinitely large sentient being that has sent out probes (lifeforms, ie. humans,) in order to expand its own consciousness even further.

Yes, I agree with this statement. We have similar views. There was an interesting experience that could explain this. I saw an abstract life-form when requesting for a "higher self". This form helped me be to link together incarnation cycles, densities of being, personality inclinations and how we are evolving our higher self with our changing biology. I will write about it soon, and post a link to it here. I think you will find it interesting.

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion