Last visit was: June 28th, 2017, 4:04 pm

It is currently June 28th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Sensed perceptions

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Sensed perceptions

Postby Jettins \o/ » January 22nd, 2014, 6:20 pm

January 22, 2014 - Sensed perceptions

I figured that I could try to do something different this morning. That’s when I thought about playing with the visuals that appeared in my field of view and after my body was already well relaxed. I was trying to see if I could sustain the images for a bit longer than a second or two. I was playing with the different ways in which to focus the awareness in the hopes that I could sustain the images for longer, and maybe even jump into one of them if my state went deep enough.

At any moment’s notice I saw an image, this is what I believed to be so. It was there for about 5 seconds which was longer than usual and then it disappeared. After it was gone, I questioned it and I thought: There was no image. It was really only the perception of an image because nothing was really visible. Maybe there was a darker tone of gray as an outline but this in itself did not explain why I could tell the distinct idea of the non-image. It was as if I was piercing into something else while referencing the vision, another dimension even, and yet, not using the vision at all, but instead, the sense of perception. This was different than the so called hypnogogic imagery because it wasn’t random and incoherent. I sustained the perceptions as they came and left a few times and in the same way, and then, in the middle of this experiment, I saw a flash of visible images stacked together like a deck or cards one on top of the other, and leaving just a small space in between each to notice their separateness. The images were full color scenarios which lasted a second or less and unlike the perceptions mentioned above.

It shows that things are not how they appear to be, because if they don’t visually appear they can still be sensed, thus pointing out that another mechanism may be generating the visuals after they are sensed. I then realized the full color images, although only lasting for a second or less, where actually the perceptions I had been playing around with. It pointed out that I was onto something, that they weren’t mere mental images of the hallucinatory type, but actual scenarios suspended in time and held with memory glue of sorts, lol. I could even call it the multiverse if I wanted to speculate just for the fun of it. All in all, if it was certainty meaningful or not is not the point, I don’t think, it is what I can learn from it that is always the point.

On that note I fell to sleep and lost track of my little game. I regained awareness during an out-of-body experience.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

DevineLaw
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 12

Re: Sensed perceptions

Postby DevineLaw » January 26th, 2014, 10:17 am

Jettins \o/,

I cannot recall having the opportunity of playing this "game" that you experienced. I have only experienced perceiving black and white text spinning in a counterclockwise rotation and I could not decipher the writing. However, as you mentioned you were positive that your experience was not associated with hypnogogic imagery. I apologize since I cannot speak intelligently on this matter enough to know if that is even what I experienced.

Can you recall how many times you have done this before? Can you reach this state at your choosing or did you just merely stumble upon it.

Lastly, you mentioned once you lost track of the game you regained awareness during an OBE. Where did your travels take you in this instance? Is it already mentioned in one of your new posts?

Thanks,
DevineLaw

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Re: Sensed perceptions

Postby Jettins \o/ » January 27th, 2014, 4:14 pm

DevineLaw wrote:Can you recall how many times you have done this before? Can you reach this state at your choosing or did you just merely stumble upon it.

To tell you the truth, I don’t try hard to have conscious projections. It comes natural to me as the result of the changes made to my lifestyle. I can remain consistent because I’m aware of the behavior that hinders projections, so if there's a minor setback, I can then make the necessary adjustments to get things back to normal quickly. I think many people want a magical technique of sorts that may grant them a single projection if they get lucky, and without effort, thus making the necessary lifestyle adjustments that would allow for consistency impossible. As Albert Einstein was quoted to have said: "Problems cannot be solved by the level of awareness that created them." It is understandable.

I’ve experienced the above many times; just haven't articulated the idea enough, as with most everything else that I will be sharing at some point. I’ve read some of the yogic teachings, and other Hindu understandings that have guided my thinking the necessary bit, but it is not time to be fully immersed in it at this point, if necessary. There are other things that needs to get done first. The above is different because instead of attempting to exit the body, I will remain within the confines of the physical body and without exiting my psychological head space as it can be called I think, to examine the subtle energies, the impressions in the Form of perceptions the generate in the psyche, by means of it, or with the help of it. But my intentions are to explore the subtle realms more than the mere consideration of them.

The perceptions above don’t usually happen to me intentionally, but they do spontaneously as a result of the original intent of conscious projections. But if I was to change my strategy and focus on sensed perceptions, I would concentrate more on the sensations associated with the experience, than on the onset of the out-of-body condition, albeit similar. To do, I would focus on my mind’s eye after having cleared my mental chatter successfully, even if only a short period of time, but done at the time right it can allow for some results. Some would call this sort of thing, or a part of it, as astral remote viewing. But this doesn’t appeal to me as something sexy anymore. I’ve had the validations I needed.

DevineLaw wrote:Lastly, you mentioned once you lost track of the game you regained awareness during an OBE. Where did your travels take you in this instance? Is it already mentioned in one of your new posts?

I'm not interested in focusing on that aspect of it so I’m not proficient in it. I can’t tell you which experience you’re referring to. There have been times when a flat image appears behind the blackness of my vision, to then perceive the generation of space as I get closer to it, to them be inserted into that image and yet fully immersed in a 4-dimensional life like environment. #730 and #768 are about pushing into visual images.

Partially related: “The hardest thing to do is to change the picture” – From an advanced astral being who also said: “you have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this“, #1270.

Simple words and yet so incredibly profound it fascinates me. It will be elaborated at some point.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion