Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 1:56 pm

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 1:56 pm

Starting to understand the ''intent'' concept

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Master roshi
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Starting to understand the ''intent'' concept

Postby Master roshi » February 17th, 2016, 12:27 am

Since I learned about AP, I keep hearing ''intent will get you there'', or ''intent is the most important thing''. I didn't really get it, I just assumed there was a very technical way of separating, but now I believe that the process of physical separation we go through is just a way of us perceiving the shift in our conciousness. The dream body is just a visual representation, us translating what we don't know in to something we are more familiar with, and experiencing it that way. Anyways, I think I finally get it. I was having a nap when I got back home from a long boring day of classes and got relaxed cleared my mind, thinking hopefully i'll AP but i know i won't... The problem I have is i usually just relax my body, somewhat lose feeling of it and it goes numb, relax my mind, and that's about it. I had this sudden instinct or thought (not mental chit chatter) that reminded me of you guys and how you say intent will get you there. So I focused all my attention with everything I could give it and at this point my body was numb and i was a little tingly. Once I focused on getting out there (where? idk, but out of my body, i couldnt really see anything) and just immediately after I start feeling vibrations in my head. They weren't painful, they were kind of enjoyable, I felt happy. And I think i might have felt lighter. I can't really explain it but it's like I was experiencing something I'm not used to in this world. I had briefly started to ''interect'' or ''communicate'' on some other plane (correct me if I'm using any wrong terms) At least that's how I felt. Anyways, after that I got way too eager, and tried getting up but it was my real body, I should have given more time to start sensing an astral body. Still, I think it's progress and i hope i can keep going forward but i feel like something is holding me back.

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Re: Starting to understand the ''intent'' concept

Postby hydro1 » February 17th, 2016, 11:54 am

Wtg congrats on making it that far, I'm proud. It makes me happy when someone makes it. Now I ask when you got up did you do a reality check to be sure you were still in the physical. Cause at times you can not tell them apart?
Go hard or not at all

Master roshi
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby Master roshi » February 17th, 2016, 5:33 pm

Not formally but I knew it was waking life. I just knew. And i could see way too well when i opened my eyes and there was just one me i wasnt floating or amything

I just switched to my side and rested after that. I might have briefly tried to to make my fingers go through my palm but it didnt work

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » February 17th, 2016, 8:48 pm

Just remember to always check, you won't always be floating, or see your physical body, so keep at it, don't be fooled, the astral can be exactly like the physical, with the exception that it maybe clearer and sometimes much brighter. Well the finger thing was like a reality check so congrats on that as well. Also try recreating that feeling you had it'll help.

Good luck and happy travels
Go hard or not at all

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion