Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 7:11 am

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 7:11 am

I Think I Did It!!! :D

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Xenriath
Initiate

Postby Xenriath » December 11th, 2011, 6:15 am

I'm really not sure if I had an oobe or not so I will just recount my experience and you all can tell me what you think xD

Yesterday I didn't get much sleep and ended up falling asleep at 1pm. I woke up around 6:50pmish and intended on going back to sleep. The thought of having an oobe didn't even occur to me at that point. I was laying down and felt myself starting to drift and there was a fuzzy image of a dining room table with food and everything on it. I started to focus on it and surprisingly it became clearer. But it wasn't clear enough so instead of trying to visualize it more I started focusing on the taste of everything there. With each bite or sip it became clearer and more real and less of a thought. Then when it reached the point of being fully clear i snapped back to my body. But it was different. I just knew that my body was asleep but my mind was awake. I reached out with my hands first and was able to pull my head out. The rest of me was a bit harder to pull out so I ended up grabbing the edge of the bed and pulling myself out. I don't know why but the first thing I did wasn't to look at my body. Instead I left the bedroom and went into the room where I knew my fiancee was. She was mad at me as she had been earlier(nothing serious don't worry) so I left and started to walk down the hallway into the kitchen. My fiancees mom was in the garage getting the cat. There was a box of oatmeal raisin cookies that were delicious and also very real. I was so shocked at how real everything was that I was afraid to try and visit anyone via throwing myself at the glass backdoor for fear of shattering it. Eventually I went back to the bedroom and by that time I was losing focus. When I looked at myself most of me was blurred. Not sure if that's what happens or if it was just lack of focusing. After that I snapped back awake and it was 7:05ish

A few things that I noted were:
There seemed to be a lot of resistance when I was trying to get out.
It's SOO much more real than you would think it to be if you have never had one.
And it feels similar to lucid dreaming. This is what makes me not sure if it was an actual oobe or if I was just lucid and making a scenario for myself about having an oobe.
"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world." - Robin Williams

uMonk

Postby uMonk » December 11th, 2011, 6:46 am

Xenriath wrote:I'm really not sure if I had an oobe or not so I will just recount my experience and you all can tell me what you think xD

Yesterday I didn't get much sleep and ended up falling asleep at 1pm. I woke up around 6:50pmish and intended on going back to sleep. The thought of having an oobe didn't even occur to me at that point. I was laying down and felt myself starting to drift and there was a fuzzy image of a dining room table with food and everything on it. I started to focus on it and surprisingly it became clearer. But it wasn't clear enough so instead of trying to visualize it more I started focusing on the taste of everything there. With each bite or sip it became clearer and more real and less of a thought. Then when it reached the point of being fully clear i snapped back to my body. But it was different. I just knew that my body was asleep but my mind was awake. I reached out with my hands first and was able to pull my head out. The rest of me was a bit harder to pull out so I ended up grabbing the edge of the bed and pulling myself out. I don't know why but the first thing I did wasn't to look at my body. Instead I left the bedroom and went into the room where I knew my fiancee was. She was mad at me as she had been earlier(nothing serious don't worry) so I left and started to walk down the hallway into the kitchen. My fiancees mom was in the garage getting the cat. There was a box of oatmeal raisin cookies that were delicious and also very real. I was so shocked at how real everything was that I was afraid to try and visit anyone via throwing myself at the glass backdoor for fear of shattering it. Eventually I went back to the bedroom and by that time I was losing focus. When I looked at myself most of me was blurred. Not sure if that's what happens or if it was just lack of focusing. After that I snapped back awake and it was 7:05ish

A few things that I noted were:
There seemed to be a lot of resistance when I was trying to get out.
It's SOO much more real than you would think it to be if you have never had one.
And it feels similar to lucid dreaming. This is what makes me not sure if it was an actual oobe or if I was just lucid and making a scenario for myself about having an oobe.

Yes :) That was a classic "out of body" experience, you even had some hypnagogic images right before :) way to go! :)

Xenriath wrote:There seemed to be a lot of resistance when I was trying to get out.

Most people fall into this trap, the resistance is all in your mind, a stronger and clearer will would serve you well, also you dont need to drag yourself out of body, just imagine yourself next to your body and "teleport" there... try whatever technique you feel works best for you with least resistance, remember in altered states you can be whatever you want to be, you dont need a body, be creative and find what works best.

Xenriath wrote:And it feels similar to lucid dreaming. This is what makes me not sure if it was an actual oobe or if I was just lucid and making a scenario for myself about having an oobe.There seemed to be a lot of resistance when I was trying to get out.

What is an OBE? how does it differ from a lucid dream? if by OBE you are asking whether or not you was present and moving around in your real physical house then only you can know :) did you do any experiments? collect information to later verify upon waking? you were making up some if not all of that scenario yourself, without experimentation there is no way to know if any of it was psychic in nature.

This altered state experience had the classic "OBE" theme to it. so in most peoples books it would probably be classed as a typical out of body experience. :) congrats :)

Xenriath
Initiate

Postby Xenriath » December 11th, 2011, 6:58 am

uMonk wrote: did you do any experiments? collect information to later verify upon waking? you were making up some if not all of that scenario yourself, without experimentation there is no way to know if any of it was psychic in nature.

No I had not had anything planned like that especially since it happened so spontaneously. However I could ask my future mother in law if she was actually messing with cat around the garage. That could give me a bit of verification. Even if she was just planning to to do it that would be significant. It will have to wait until tomorrow though. Everyone is asleep xD
"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world." - Robin Williams

uMonk

Postby uMonk » December 11th, 2011, 7:16 am

Good idea :) It must be an exciting time for you :D i look forward to hearing about your future OBE's!

Xenriath
Initiate

Postby Xenriath » December 11th, 2011, 7:54 am

uMonk wrote:Good idea :) It must be an exciting time for you :D i look forward to hearing about your future OBE's!

Thanks me too xD I think I might try and use the table again. Focusing on taste made it vivider maybe that's my thing xD. If not then there are other ways. At least now I know what its like :)

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion