Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 1:58 pm

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 1:58 pm

Uncertainty

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
grari
Neophyte
AP/LD Count: 3

Uncertainty

Postby grari » February 20th, 2016, 11:37 pm

I have been meditating and trying to achieve astral projection for close to two years. In the past couple of months I have had a few conscious OBEs but I am not so clear as to what I have been experiencing. Firstly, all of those experiences happened when I woke up early, spent a few hours hanging around, and then went back to bed later in the morning. I have read that that is a good time to have OBEs. Also, every time it happens it hear very very loud ringing in my ears and my body starts shaking and vibrating and I feel myself lifted up. I want to make sure that the ringing is normal as it happens every time. This morning I had the most explicit OBE. I left by body and started spinning around. I then started moving backwards and went outside of my room and was being brought backwards very fast through a narrow hallway of sorts. Nothing resembling my actual house. What bothers me is that I never really opened my eyes so I never saw my own body when I was projecting, and I was never fully aware of when exactly I was brought back into my body. It was much more like a dream than actual reality that I have a very strong feeling that I was not achieving true astral projection. I have definitely improved and I am very glad that I am where I am, but I would appreciate some feedback as to what exactly I am experiencing. Also, why is it that it is almost easy for me now to have an OBE during the time that I described, but I can never manage to do it when I am in bed at night? Is there a way to train myself to have an OBE at night?

Master roshi
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Re: Uncertainty

Postby Master roshi » February 21st, 2016, 1:57 am

I believe it has something to do with the different stages of sleep. Some people can AP at night but it's much harder and rarer. I can't imagine too many people doing it at will at nigt time because most people just can't succesfully relax and shift their awareness without those 4-5 hrs of pre sleep.

grari
Neophyte

Postby grari » February 21st, 2016, 11:20 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. Would you say that I am experiencing true astral projecting or just lucid dreaming. I was clearly lifted out of my body, but like I said it seemed much more like a dream than reality.

Master roshi
Initiate

Postby Master roshi » February 23rd, 2016, 1:31 am

My last post kind of touches this subject. From what I understand, you can shift your awareness in to different states of conciousness, or "planes". The higher the plane you're in, the more your room will look exactly the same to the detail that it does in waking life, and everything beyond your room. People also report not being able to see, but move, or having trouble moving in the astral. I believe these are all side effects of beginners not being able to properly tune in to the specific frequency needed to explore that plane, though that's just a guess. I sadly haven't had a true AP or even a semi-AP like you say u might have had. The furthest I can get so faris vibrations, the feeling that separation is starting and semi-lucid dreams with better dream recall. I'd say in the grand scheme of things, its all about increasing awareness. Dreams>lucid dreams>Ap and beyond. Good luck and happy travels mate :D

Master roshi
Initiate

Postby Master roshi » February 23rd, 2016, 1:33 am

The other members might be able to guide you better, I'm just trying to learn the basics

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » February 23rd, 2016, 3:17 pm

You did in fact have a O.B.E, you just wasn't far enough away from the body to prolong the experience, but you made it out. Usually when you can't se you must ask for clarity, you have to almost demand it sometimes. Also in order to project during the night hours you need to be sure to take a nap before hand or meditate before sleep to help relax the body.
Go hard or not at all

grari
Neophyte

Postby grari » February 23rd, 2016, 4:57 pm

Thanks so much. I am really looking forward to having more realistic experiences.

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion