Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 7:18 am

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 7:18 am

WBTB, Sleep paralysis, shadowy figures and dream vision

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
floating_hawaiian
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

WBTB, Sleep paralysis, shadowy figures and dream vision

Postby floating_hawaiian » October 27th, 2013, 9:59 pm

Went to bed @ 11. Been having trouble getting a fulls night sleep, and I woke up and 3 and decided to try some WBTB. Did light meditating, and I falls back to sleep. Kind of.
I was just under the threshold of dream-land, when I sense a presence right on the outside my cone of vision. Some things existed there that wasnt there in reality, like a plastic tub container right on the side of my bed in front of my vision. I was partially dreaming when this takes place, so my senses are sort of dream/psychic based. The shadowy figure I sensed was to my left, right on the edge of my sight. Immediately I want to turn to get up and see this figure, but I can't. My body was disconnected with my intentions, no matter how much effort I put into it. My struggle didn't even make any progress, so I could only wait wait till it passes. When it finally does, I open my eyes to confirm there is not plastic tub in my room, and no figure either. Close encounter but to thing definite.
Has anyone ever interacted with these mysterious shadow people that appear in sleep paralysis episodes?

fairyana
Initiate

Re: WBTB, Sleep paralysis, shadowy figures and dream vision

Postby fairyana » October 28th, 2013, 8:08 am

I've heard of people having been touched by them. I myself never experienced sleep paralysis, though I did sense a negative spiritual being in my rood once when I woke up in the middle of the night. I wasn't scared by it. Oddly, it was the same day I visited John of God.

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » October 28th, 2013, 1:22 pm

I have during Sp but it turned out to be a friendly dog or a being disguised as a family member, as long as you show no fear towards these beings of your own creation they will turn out to be harmless. I remember when I once got Sp there were a family of raccoons living under my bed and I paniced and they attacked my arm and hand cause it was hanging from my bed at the time. hope this helped you.
Go hard or not at all

floating_hawaiian
Initiate

Postby floating_hawaiian » October 28th, 2013, 4:35 pm

hydro1 wrote: I remember when I once got Sp there were a family of raccoons living under my bed and I paniced and they attacked my arm and hand cause it was hanging from my bed at the time. hope this helped you.

I don't know why but I find this immensely humorous. Unfortunately at the time, I didn't really register what was going on as sleep paralysis. Maybe next time I could take more advantage of it once I realize the state I'm really in. This is only my 3rd episode of SP (the only one that hasn't resulted in an OBE) but it has by far had the strongest hold of me than the rest of my SPs.

fairyana wrote:I've heard of people having been touched by them. I myself never experienced sleep paralysis, though I did sense a negative spiritual being in my rood once when I woke up in the middle of the night. I wasn't scared by it. Oddly, it was the same day I visited John of God.

Well there you go, it was probably a being monitoring your trip to see John of God lol.
I didn't perceive this thing as evil, but I would like to talk to it sometime, see what its all about.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 28th, 2013, 6:33 pm

floating_hawaiin wrote:Has anyone ever interacted with these mysterious shadow people that appear in sleep paralysis episodes?

It's difficult to know for sure the intentions of a being or presence based on its appearance if one does not take into account the state one is in. The level of perception defines how one re-creates any energy that is sensed even if only by proximity and not full contact. The energy is then created into a Form or presence that can be sensed to be observed.

There are several things that can make a presence or being not look the way it’s expected or intended to appear.

*The location (perceptual state) one projects into: The lower the astral realm the more likely it will appear to be ugly or distorted. Energetic levels; biological and physiological functions can be correlated to have tangible locations in the non-physical side of things.

**Dimensions are offset or out-of-sync: When a person and a presence are in adjacent dimensions, or parallel dimensions of similar density, yet not fully synchronized together, or that have an unreliable psychic link between them. In this instance how a presence may perceive another is related to the level of attention, or the level of concentrated awareness defined by the level of perceptional awareness that has collapsed into actionable form (shape) by the parties involved, which then determines how effective the beings or entities are at sensing, therefore communicating with one another.

*The psyche of the individuals involved: This one is pretty straight forward. The same image or thing can look different between people and entities. This is related to the image being presented to us, and how we interpret that image based on our own bias, limitations and understanding.

Notice there is no mention of the “intentions” an entity may have. It’s unreliable without this checklist it would seem. One would have to test things in the same way one does in physical life. One wouldn’t think an ugly man has bad intentions because his face was disfigured after a bomb exploded near his face right? Would it have taken knowledge of the incident in order to know for sure? Maybe knowledge of our own self, or maybe something else?

Take for example and excerpt from experience #780 as it appears to be relevant to the shadow figure. It is only one example out of the many possibilities.

------------------

I woke up in the morning wanting to have an Out-of-body experience. I concentrated my mind gently and passively. Unlike other more forced concentration methods I will do at other times. I fell into a light sleep and began to dream. I regained awareness when I felt a force in my bedroom. A semi-transparent dark energy force was gently moving me (the word “dark” is not to be confused for “negative”, it was just the color). I didn’t know what to make of it at first so I just looked at it. When I got up from the bed it encircled me and it lifted me back to the bed. I suspected I was in the out-of-body condition at an unconscious level. I realize this now by recalling how I behaved prior to becoming fully lucid. I looked at this energy with a passive curiosity and without projecting any of my own thoughts to manifest a Form.

Full lucidity did not surface my conscious aware mind until about 15 or 20 seconds after the beginning of the sequence. When I got up from the bed it gently lifted me and carried me back to the bed. I realize now that this force wanted to interact with me, it wanted my attention. Initially it was having difficulty interacting with me, or creating a reality in which to interact in…

The energy Form carried me over to the bed. I became fully lucid and the energy still didn’t have a Form. I could clearly see the walls of my bedroom yet this force was undeterminable. I knew there was a presence in the room. I lifted my head and I smiled to it. The force then coalesced into a dark human like figure. The head area started to manifest the texture of a female face. I concentrated on understanding the energy and then figure of a woman from the torso up became visible to me. The lower torso was made of the same wavy like dark energy.

Woman: It took me a long time to find you.

Me: What is your name?

Woman: Carolina Herrera

astral-projection-experience/energy-force-bedroom-t523.html
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

floating_hawaiian
Initiate

Postby floating_hawaiian » October 28th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Jettins \o/ wrote:A semi-transparent dark energy force was gently moving me (the word “dark” is not to be confused for “negative”, it was just the color).

I remember reading this experience when it was first posted. That line stuck with me, which is part of the reason why I wasn't too alarmed and was able to keep calm.

In this episode, I too wasn't completely aware of my state because I was partially dreaming, which is why I wasn't able to register the sleep paralysis, or even understand how I was able to sense my surroundings! Had I been completely aware of my situation and state of awareness, I'd have figure out some exit technique or attempt to establish a telepathic communication with my new buddy. But who knows, maybe if I had had been aware of my state, it may not have been sustainable and maybe the experience would've fell apart and never taken place in the first place.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 28th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Yeah. The information I shared was not intended to anyone in particular. I simply shared the points that I thought to be relevant, even if some of it was obvious.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Return to Astral Projection - General Discussion