What is Astral Projection

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 14th, 2011, 6:22 pm

I have written this in response to Light487's post..
astral-projection/astral-project-extens ... -t215.html
light487 wrote:Essentially, we never actually "leave the body".. what happens is that we extend our awareness and then focus it on a specific point along that extended boundary of our awareness.
I agree with this statement. This is why the slogan of this website is “Explore your inner self”. Essentially everything that is perceived must pass through consciousness. Our physical reality exists because the raw input of our physical senses "grounds us"(focus) and the brain "tunes"(connects) us to this reality. The information is then subjected to the decoding process. As it engages in the decoding process (interpretation), it must pass through our inner senses. Our inner senses is what truly creates our perceived reality or our subjective meaning. The subjective meaning is our sense of existing and creates an experience. This is why the “feeling” of physical experience varies between people.

As we enter the phase, the raw input of our physical senses is no longer active. We shift awareness into the “realm” of subjective meaning or our inner senses. We are no longer focusing awareness in the stability of physical reality; therefore we are exposed to the medium where all experience is truly created and decoded, our inner selves. This process of creating and decoding can manifest a visual experience, these are the dreams and all the experiences while in the phase.
light487 wrote:take that inner shell and extend it not so much outward in a sphere but more like a bubble that is stretching away like an arm.
When we “exit the body” and attempt to read the card (or visit a location) that is NOT KNOWN (warning, I do not mean things that your subconscious/unconscious DOES know), the only thing we are extending is our physic potential, which is an ability of consciousness. We are not leaving or moving anywhere; we are changing our state to be more receptive.

My experiences have directly shown me that consciousness at it source exists in the same medium; this connects us and allows for psychic phenomena to be possible. It’s important to remember that since our experience is subjective it is possible to make errors in meaning, especially when trying to “verify” information attained while in the phase. This is why sometimes I have been correct at verifying information and other times not. This error in meaning is more of a translation error at a higher level of the decoding process possibly psychic influenced and or subconscious/unconscious. In physical reality this process is most commonly called subjective interpretation, the same effect that cause’s people to “see” same events in physical reality very differently. When the practitioner attempts to induce "higher level" or "spiritual experiences", it would be beneficial to stimulate the psychic potential, but first the unconscious/subconscious issues should be worked out. It can be done in physical and non-physical realities. This will not always be easy to do, as your inner self might be requesting changes/learning before it can proceed (evolve?). This is the root cause of the apparent "disconnection", or inability to Astral Project in my opinion.

At first, when someone is learning to Astral Project it is common for them to have short and difficult to understand experiences, this instability and fragility of the phase might be due to the difficulty for a newcomer to form meaning, as clearer meaning forms when you have a greater understanding of yourself . As you experience more in your subjective realms, you will gain a greater insight of yourself, in effect creating greater understanding thus producing more significant experiences.

In physical reality you experience in a linear fashion, one experience before another, and so on to form your identity. But YOUR identity as you think of yourself exists only in your memory and it is outside of time, it transcends time. It think is more correct to say that we are imagining time than to say we are living in time, as time is relative to consciousness.

There is a tendency for some to think of the ‘astral realms’ as places, since we apparently ‘travel’ to them. This rational is understandable because in physical reality we need to travel to go anywhere. But since the inner realms are non-physical, traveling would be a misnomer. What is referred as “traveling”, (visiting the moon, visit dead relative, visiting a past time, visiting a neighbor’s house, etc..) requires a change in your state of being the driving force of all experience.

"State of being" = consciousness in the phase = sense of purpose, intention and emotion, intentional and unintentional.

More on state of being… non-physical-reality/the-phase-workshop-t166.html#p362

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Braveheart
Initiate
count: 20

Post by Braveheart » November 14th, 2011, 6:41 pm

Awesome! What do you think of the people that claim to acquire knowledge they originally did not hold in the slightest though Out of body experiences? I personally have never experienced this but it is a common claim.
"God help thee, old man, thy thoughts have created a creature in thee; and he whose intense thinking thus makes him a Prometheus; a vulture feeds upon that heart for ever; that vulture the very creature he creates."

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 14th, 2011, 8:06 pm

Braveheart wrote:Awesome! What do you think of the people that claim to acquire knowledge they originally did not hold in the slightest though Out of body experiences? I personally have never experienced this but it is a common claim.
I do not know what others have experienced for certain as it is not necessary for me to believe anything, only learn and experience. There is always the possibility of embellishment to sell books or whatever. What I know for certain is that I have been able to verify information accurately on 3 different occasions that I can remember form the top of my head.

1. During an Out of Body Experience I asked the daughter of a friend the name of a cousin that i didn't know.
I do not know any cousins for this particular friend, as she lives in a different country. The name "Carlitos" validated correct.

2. A women that identified herself as "Carmen Herrera" in the Out of Body Experience, was looking for her daughter. The daughter had interesting magical abilities and was playfully evading her.
I told the story and a friend identified the exact name, Carmen Herrera was pregnant, months later i found out it was a girl.

3. This one will be one of the top 3 most intense experiences. I will save for special posting.

Seeing at least 10 experiences while in the phase, what people where doing in physical reality without my knowing of it. Ex. people doing certain activity, seeing people at hospital, at plane. It is possible that I subconsciously knew some in this group but the volume of them makes it interesting indeed.

Do not believe anything, simply think and reason.

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

light487
Neophyte

Post by light487 » November 14th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Thanks for taking the time to respond with such an indepth and articulated response.
There is a tendency for some to think of the ‘astral realms’ as places, since we apparently ‘travel’ to them. This rational is understandable because in physical reality we need to travel to go anywhere. But since the inner realms are non-physical, traveling would be a misnomer. What is referred as “traveling”, (visiting the moon, visit dead relative, visiting a past time, visiting a neighbor’s house, etc..) requires a change in your state of being the driving force of all experience.
That's just it.. when I "leave" my body it fully feels like I am moving up and away from my physical body; giving me the ability to float/fly where ever I wish to go. Conceptually, my primary point of focus hasn't moved even the smallest distance.. it never has, does or will do. We are still at the same point we were before we were born.. we are residing in the source and projecting a part of the universal consciousness's subjectiveness into a physical form that has been selected to provide Us with unique and individual experiences that fold back into the whole.

Braveheart
Initiate
count: 20

Post by Braveheart » November 14th, 2011, 9:33 pm

I believe things when they resonate with my higher thinking, of course I still have to confirm them through my own exploration. I suppose one could always suggest that this is relative to having a bias thus giving an experiment less of a chance of being completely accurate. Than again, this is a subjective topic depending on the perspective its coming from so it really isn't relevant.

Cool experiences :) Looking forward to the 3rd one.
light487 wrote: We are still at the same point we were before we were born.. we are residing in the source and projecting a part of the universal consciousness's subjectiveness into a physical form that has been selected to provide Us with unique and individual experiences that fold back into the whole.
Well said, I agree with this in some form.
"God help thee, old man, thy thoughts have created a creature in thee; and he whose intense thinking thus makes him a Prometheus; a vulture feeds upon that heart for ever; that vulture the very creature he creates."

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 17th, 2011, 2:11 am

We are still at the same point we were before we were born.. we are residing in the source and projecting a part of the universal consciousness's subjectiveness into a physical form that has been selected to provide Us with unique and individual experiences that fold back into the whole.
This make sense to me, but wait until you read about my wild and koracy ideas, I am still a bit shy about those. This is less than 1% of it. :lol: :lol:

Have a great day!