Do You Have Projection Frustrations?

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
Xanth
Initiate

Do You Have Projection Frustrations?

Post by Xanth » April 18th, 2013, 8:05 pm

The frustration that people experience while learning to project is entirely due to attempting to build your house before building a solid foundation first.
Just as one can’t immediately play Beethoven or Bach without LOTS of practice first… you also can’t just do a conscious exit projection without first mastering your mind. Yes, I said “mastering” your mind. This means that one must spend a long time (time may vary) with their own consciousness via meditation before you’ll have any success real success.

This is the source of the frustration of just about every single person who has ever tried to do this and failed. Of this I can 100% guarantee.

Everyone wants to do astral projection with as little work as possible to get the fastest results possible. <– That's a model for FAILURE
Especially if they prescribe to the idea that that's the ONLY way to project. There are a myriad of ways to project, the HARDEST being the conscious exit projection. I guess I should explain quickly what that is. A Conscious Exit projection is one where you sit/lie down with the express intent to project.

So now, if you've read Michael Radugas OBE4U eBook, he has what he calls "indirect" methods for projection. To cut a long story short, all those acrynoms which rhyme with WILD are those. I honestly forget all the acrynoms people use for these. WBTB? MILD? DEILD? These are all "indirect" methods for projecting… and they're every bit as valid as a conscious exit for projecting. They'll take you to the same place, and allow you to do the same things as any conscious exit projection.

Techniques for this kind of stuff are everywhere. The problem is that I think it's rare for people to acknowledge the validity of such a projection right upon first learning this stuff. Why? Because people get indoctrinated into the "it's *only* a lucid dream, it's not a REAL astral projection" mindset, then they read about conscious exits and believe those to be REAL astral projections. So they ignore everything else. Then when they finally fail and become frustrated that they can't do it… they quit altogether saying it doesn't exist.

And I should say now that I *LOVE* indirect methods. They account for perhaps 80 – 90% of my projections. A member on the Astral Pulse, cosmic, shared a great method: Projection Method. It’s simply noticing with falling asleep. It doesn’t get much easier than that. I have, on many occasions said to try stuff like this.

Personally, I’d like to see people eventually take the proper time to learn to master their mind… learn to meditate… learn to focus their minds, then learn to hold that focus for extended periods of time. The only reason people fail is because they’re impatient.

I like Tom Campbell’s opinion here: Take the long view, in 15 – 20 years, you’ll be really good at it.

Let’s make it a point to tell people, “If you want to project with minimal effort, give these techniques a try”… but also to point out that if you want to make this a part of your “life”, not just a fad, then you’re going to have to take the long view, as Tom suggests. Otherwise you won’t get much out of this.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/ ... strations/

tomcat941
Initiate

Re: Do You Have Projection Frustrations?

Post by tomcat941 » April 20th, 2013, 9:58 am

This is interesting. I have only done meditation a few times in the past, but never as a way of astral projection, although i have heard that it helps to learn to quiet the mind, but not that it is neccesary. I'm guessing you would disagree with that mindset. I myself find what people call an indirect exit the hardest of them all. It feels too 'goal-less' in a way, and i have yet to master lucid dreaming. I'm curious as to what you would think would be a good way to go about learning astral projection. How exactly you build the foundations so to say. In fairness, i have always wondered why there are no forms of routines as to developing the ability to astral project in the same way they are exercise routines. I thought that although everyone is different, it would act as a good guideline for anyone new to the idea, and would prevent the frustration that people experience, as they aren't aware of how to build these starting routines.

Xanth
Initiate

Post by Xanth » May 30th, 2013, 10:40 pm

tomcat941 wrote:This is interesting. I have only done meditation a few times in the past, but never as a way of astral projection, although i have heard that it helps to learn to quiet the mind, but not that it is neccesary. I'm guessing you would disagree with that mindset. I myself find what people call an indirect exit the hardest of them all. It feels too 'goal-less' in a way, and i have yet to master lucid dreaming. I'm curious as to what you would think would be a good way to go about learning astral projection. How exactly you build the foundations so to say. In fairness, i have always wondered why there are no forms of routines as to developing the ability to astral project in the same way they are exercise routines. I thought that although everyone is different, it would act as a good guideline for anyone new to the idea, and would prevent the frustration that people experience, as they aren't aware of how to build these starting routines.
People go about this stuff in the wrong order...
You don't learn to project first. You learn to meditate first. THEN projection comes naturally if you wish to pursue it.

Meditation is the foundation that everything else is based upon. For if you can't focus your mind in some small way, then you have very little hope in projecting.
Even spontaneous projections will be short lived and uncontrolled.

uMonk

Post by uMonk » June 1st, 2013, 6:34 am

Xanth wrote:
tomcat941 wrote:For if you can't focus your mind in some small way, then you have very little hope in projecting.
Even spontaneous projections will be short lived and uncontrolled.
Hey Xanth, this is very true, training the mind first allows for greater control within the lucid dream, although i also found a way to train the mind within the dream, i will explain, in my lucid dreams/OBEs/VR/whatever, i noticed that when i used to fly from point A to point B, i would automatic accelerate when flying towards point B, meaning that the speed wasn't constant and so when it came to stopping at point B i wouldnt stop instantly, but instead would still be moving a little bit and would have to force myself to move back a little, i suppose this little programming came from watching super hero movies and playing video games, anyways i realised this was a thing i had i hard time stopping, so, within the dream i created several points, i made an effort to try fly to each point and stop perfectly, long story short after about a week of trying this i was able to stop perfectly, but not only this, i had realised my lucid dreams now lasted a lot longer, and ever since then i have had greater control over how i interact within the lucid dream playground, and how long i stay there.

Sorry if that was a little hard to understand, i am working on a project and feel too lazy to type it out properly lulz.

:mrgreen:

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » June 8th, 2013, 10:04 am

Hmm, what would you define as meditation? I would like to get into it, although i struggle as i'm not quite sure what i'm supposed to be doing. I mean, is it just sitting down and quietening your mind? Or is there a specific thing you are meant to do? Sorry if i'm asking a lot of questions here, i'm just want to know what the best way to pursue AP is.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » June 9th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Well the key was always meditation to all things to quiet the mind and relax the body before bed. but yea basically just sit there listen to your breathing and let what ever images fall away. i haven't been meditating like i use to. hince the reason i haven't had any exps as of late, i guess i could start back but i just don't feel it tho. just gets boring just sitting there all the time.
Go hard or not at all