Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 2:04 pm

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 2:04 pm

First "Lucid-Like" experience

This discussion is for help becoming Lucid while dreaming, Lucid Aids, Increase Lucidity, Dream Signs & Recall.
Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Re: First "Lucid-Like" experience

Postby Jettins \o/ » January 5th, 2014, 12:59 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

xxfmxx
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby xxfmxx » January 9th, 2014, 12:50 pm

Mavie wrote:I have had experiences similar to that before I had an understanding of astral projection and lucid dreaming so consequently they were not as profound feeling because I was unaware of the potential ya know? But, this happens rarely and I really don't want to lucid dreams. My dreams for the most part are terrifying. I would have a hard time remaining calm and confident in the dream state.

i have that fear too sometimes and i have been doing this for the last five years. but eventually i realized there is no point in fear and i eventually got bored of being afraid i didnt overcome my fear i just got bored of it. ....but both lucid dreaming and astral projection both exist in a realm powered by thought and intent....and both can easily turn into someting terrifying it just takes one sneaky thought and it doesnt even have to be a long one all you have to do is think it and boom here comes that terrifying thing or experience.....
so if you have a hard time reaming emaining calm and confident in the dream state you will feel similar things during an astral projection. the sensations/surroundings in both are relatively similar. so you should atleast try to lucid dream first. personally I find lucid dreaming exceptionally easier to control then an astral projection. even when i was first starting out lucid dreaming felt easier to control.

DevineLaw
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 12

Postby DevineLaw » January 13th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Unfortunately that is an experience I am all too familiar with as well Mavie. I knew I was completely awake and I just wanted control of my limbs. I cannot say how much time had pass with the constant struggling and screaming but when I awoke it was a big relief.

Previous

Return to Attaining Lucidity - Becoming Lucid, Increasing Lucidity & Prolonging the Dream State