Last visit was: June 25th, 2017, 5:37 am

It is currently June 25th, 2017, 5:37 am

Brando

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
Bdogb75
Neophyte
AP/LD Count: 0

Brando

Postby Bdogb75 » September 2nd, 2012, 7:55 pm

Hi, My name is Brando and since i had my first sleep paralysis and read about astral projection i have grown very interesting in achieving a OBE and have no doubt about it. I have only had 2 sleep paralysis ever and in my first one i seen a lot of flashing images and i couldn't really tell what they were. I tried to have a OBE experience several months ago but gave up after no success which were a few tries, which is why i didn't have any success. If anyone has any suggestion for meditation or to began having astral projection please let me know. thanks

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Re: Brando

Postby Jettins \o/ » September 2nd, 2012, 8:55 pm

Hello Brando,

Good that you've join us in the forum.

brando wrote:i seen a lot of flashing images and i couldn't really tell what they were

This is a sign that you where entering a trance state consciously aware, the onset of an out-of-body experience. Great. This will be a good frame of reference for you to understand when we refer to "trance states". I was not able to get to you earlier because I was traveling and had difficulty typing on a little screen. Here is what you can start reading right now.. It is a technique that if mastered can yield lucid dreams with ease.

Why do I start with this one? because it is a strategy that every conscious dreamer aspirant should know. It will force you to start paying attention to your sleep cycle, and how your body responds in certain conditions. The details will be in the post. For now, read this post thoroughly, understand it and then try to memorize the concept. It is called "DEILD" which stands for Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream. It can be modified to have conscious separations and produce OBEs. It is likely that you will have questions. Reading it and trying to understand it will create good questions that will then get you ever closer to applying such a powerful way to induce Out of body experiences and Lucid dreams. Don't hesitate to ask any questions as simple as it may be. They are very useful because a passing reader might be having the same predicament.

As with everyone, effort is required. But me and the other members of the chat will try to motivate you so that this effort does not feel like a problem. Success is about having a certain mindset. Building this mindset takes time, I will not lie to you. Most people have been conditioned to fall to sleep unconsciously, it is not easy to brake some patterns that render certain techniques useless. But this is the learning curve, as should be expected.

http://www.astralvoid.com/induction-techniques/speed-counting-technique-t148.html

One thing you should start with if you haven't is a dream journal. Every time you wake up in the morning log your experiences as soon as possible. This will help improve your dream recall and help you recognize elements that in time can be used as triggering methods for lucidity. Here is a link that can explain to you the benefits of having a dream journal in more detail:

http://www.astralvoid.com/non-lucid-experiences/why-have-dream-journal-t220.html

Regarding meditation, it will be best if that I know you a little better before recommending a meditation strategy. It could be a visual, motion, tactile or even an emotional approach to incubate the idea of lucidity and enhance awareness during your meditations. I will explain more about this to you in future posts so keep posting.

You many also stop by the live chat. An experience member is likely to be stop by the chat to assist if you wait patiently. Also, you might like to upload a picture. We like to see who we are talking to in this forum :D

http://tinyurl.com/astral-projection-chatroom
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » September 2nd, 2012, 9:42 pm

If you know what it felt like then you can probably induce sleep paralysis just by thought and remebering how it felt...mustles tightening stiffening...but not manually...those are the characteristics of it....when that happens then you roll out your body...or do whatever other exit method there is that you are comfortable with
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » September 2nd, 2012, 9:57 pm

hydro1 wrote:If you know what it felt like then you can probably induce sleep paralysis just by thought and remembering how it felt

Technically, your statement is exactly right. But being able to repeat this processes is very difficult as the majority of the people are not consciously aware of other variables that in the past helped them attain sleep paralysis.

I think setting up a path that helps a person reconnect with such events is key. But this time they will know what to look for and how to work with their results.

What I can tell you for sure brando is that high confidence will be required for you to be able to have frequent experiences. If you work with your body and mind with your practice, confidence will start to increase naturally. Why? because you will have increased dream recall, realize that your dreams are vivid, and will gain the upper hand in connecting with your subconscious by becoming more attuned to your non-lucid dreams. This is only a small part, but an essential part.

I would not like you to lose your motivation. A rock along the way will try to do this. You can start with what is usually consider easier, or with Lucid Dreams. DEILD will yield either an OBE or a Lucid dream. It will depend on which strategy you are able to used after the onset of trance states. It might also help in putting some lucid experiences under your belt before you have an "out-of-body experiences". This will then increase the always precious motivation.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » September 3rd, 2012, 12:53 pm

Thats why when ever i get out again i plan on going back to when i had my first projection when i was about 21...and record everything i did to get a projection position and everything...then try to recreate it when i come back....i been trying to figure out just what i did for the longest while trying other method but just can't put my fingure on it...that first projection is the one that inspired me to pursue astral projection it would be awesome to feel that exileration again to remind me of why to keep trying.
Go hard or not at all

Bdogb75
Neophyte

Postby Bdogb75 » September 3rd, 2012, 4:25 pm

I tried this morning after I woke up for like 2hours didn't fall asleep or anything. I just need more practice and get a dream journal as well. I never had a lucid dream before either and kinda never remember my dreams. I mainly need more practice in focus and more training I think.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » September 4th, 2012, 9:12 am

You know what you need to do, great. You might also like to pick up a good book on the subject. It would be good if you saturate yourself with the material and the techniques.

Good luck!

Bdogb75
Neophyte

Postby Bdogb75 » September 4th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Thanks! Anything you would recommend?

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » September 4th, 2012, 7:14 pm

I recommend Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self by Robert Waggoner as the bood to read.

I had my first conscious OBE after listening to an interview. But then it took me about 2 months to have my second one. I must have gotten lucky on the first. This is the interview that got me thinking about out-of-body experiences, you might also like to listen to it hydro1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq59XkJFjE0

Bdogb75
Neophyte

Postby Bdogb75 » September 8th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Yesterday i went to sleep late at around 4am, i had astral projection in mind and after a while i felt like a dream was trying to form. I then started to have vibrations my heart rate increased and a bit excited/scared at the same time, but the vibration then stopped and i moved my physical body. Then after a while i got the vibrations again i got them like 3-4times but then stopped after a while. Through out the process i seen a scary looking face but it kinda changed when i thought positive but return back to the scary face lol. I tried ignoring it and go through it calmly.

Next

Return to Introductions - Please stop by and introduce yourself