Hi everybody!

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
Elena
Neophyte
count: 5

Hi everybody!

Post by Elena » December 28th, 2016, 11:50 am

I am fairly new to astral projection. A few years ago I did a course in astral projection and I have managed to OBE a few times. Unfortunately, about 6 months after I started doing this, my dog died and I did not have the courage to astral project because I was afraid that I would not be able to reach him ... or even worse, that his energy just dispersed in the universe... After this, I stopped trying... I have decided lately to try it all over again and it is not easy. I have very colorful and eventful dreams that I do remember, but I am not able to get to OBE. Any advice? Thank you

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Hi everybody!

Post by hydro1 » December 29th, 2016, 4:19 am

welcome to the forum. Yes its hard on a lot of us who used to project regularly, I been in a dry spell for a while, the best we can do is keep trying the methods we been doing. also I don't know what gave you the idea that you wouldn't see your dog when you astral when that is the soul purpose most people use it for, i'm sure you would have seen your dog, if you would have kept with it, now that you stopped it is hard to get back into. what method/techniques did you use to get the experiences you did get? just stick with it it will work out.i will link you some techniques later on in the AM, for now I go to bed, but feel free to browse the forum it will aid you in inspiration.
Go hard or not at all

Elena
Neophyte
count: 5

Post by Elena » December 29th, 2016, 11:34 am

Thank you for answering so quickly. I guess I am a little bit of an atheist (it comes through my Buddhist believes) ... or better said a skeptic... I am not a cynical person, just empirical. This is why I was afraid of finding the answer about my dog.
I use a few techniques - one is listening to my heart beat / feeling my pulse and then try to feel it all over my body, starting with my toes and working my way up to my head... another one is a mantra I keep on saying - it used to work very good. But, like you said - maybe I am a bit out of practice.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » December 29th, 2016, 5:29 pm

you are welcome. how can you be a skeptic, when you've been out of body, and seen the many things out there? those are some good techniques, sometimes you do have to switch up on what you do because the body goes thru changes over time and sometimes, those changes can change some of the things you used to do, or the body get too used to one thing, and that thing stops working, so you have to sometimes switch up, so here are some techs you can try, one is called WBTB ( wake back to bed or in the users case Recliner but you can substitute whatever you use) http://www.astralvoid.com/newbie-void-beginner/wbtr-deild-induction-techniques-t150.html?hilit=wbtb#p314

if you lucid dream here is a tech for you....... http://www.astralvoid.com/attaining-lucidity/fild-technique-for-those-still-struggling-t1128.html?hilit=FILD#p5085

or: try my arm method it might work for you.....

i lay there with my arm up waiting on the body to fall asleep, ignoring all the itching and ticks the body does to mess with you, if need be i dabble just a bit in the images but stay focus on my arm, if i fall asleep my arm will fall waking me up, putting me in the right state of mind, then i put my arm back up staying aware, then the body easily falls to sleep, and you will know because the arm starts to inch its way down, and when its all the way down, the body is sleep, just wait 5-10 mins and your body go into Sleep Paralysis, and all thats left is an exit techniques......if you need to know how to position heres the pic
you can do it with both like me or just the one

there is a pic of the arm position attached...... don't be forceful with holding the arm up, be a bit loose with it
arm position.jpg
arm position.jpg (31.6 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Go hard or not at all