Hi Everyone

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
themoha
Neophyte
count: 0

Hi Everyone

Post by themoha » November 17th, 2011, 6:55 am

Hi Everyone :D

My name is Mohamed i'm 21 from morocco, i had an out of body experience but i didn't aware of it until now i learned about

astral projection and now i want to know how to control it and how to protect my self during this experience.

thanks alot and sorry for my bad english.

best regards mohamed.

Ssurge

Hi Everyone

Post by Ssurge » November 17th, 2011, 9:06 am

Welcome! You will find everything you need in the forum. As for protection, do not worry that much, the one you should mostly fear is yourself.

Astralnaut
Initiate
count: 50

Hi Everyone

Post by Astralnaut » November 17th, 2011, 9:11 am

welcome mohamed! :)

themoha
Neophyte
count: 0

Hi Everyone

Post by themoha » November 17th, 2011, 10:31 am

about my worries it's there is in astral world creature that want to hurt you and stuck to you. :(

Ssurge

Hi Everyone

Post by Ssurge » November 17th, 2011, 1:48 pm

themoha wrote:thanks :D

about my worries it's there is in astral world creature that want to hurt you and stuck to you. :(
Remove those beliefs. You can't get stuck in there forever or get hurt. You may just scare yourself of the entities you may run into, but nothing more.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Hi Everyone

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 17th, 2011, 2:22 pm

In these realms your beliefs can become a visual reality. Try and focus on the good, if you encounter something scary realize is made to be scary for you simply because you don't understand it. You can then avoid it if that's what you prefer, you succeed in not stimulating your own fear.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Summerlander

Hi Everyone

Post by Summerlander » November 17th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Hi and welcome, Mohamed.

I agree with Ssurge. There is no need for protection from anything. In fact, facing whatever devil may come will help you to acknowledge and integrate your shadow self (in the Jungian sense) with your ego.

Those who stop running from what they fear in the phase state make a healthy decision and I'll tell you why. Rather than rejecting aspects of themselves that beg their attention, they acknowledge them and try to understand them. Often, shadow personas in dreams indicate that ego elements are at "loggerheads" with each other. Speak to the scary figures, ask them questions like "who are you", "what do you stand for". Very often, those who do this find that the devils suddenly turn friendly, give them profound answers about themselves or even transmute into something more pleasant looking. We must take responsibility for them and believe you me - from experience - it works!

Just to make something clear here. There are no such things as demons. Running away from what you believe to be evil sentient beings only adds fuel to the fire and perpetuates the chase and the fear. We have seen this happen to a very famous but unfortunate OOBE and lucid dreaming practitioner: Frederik van Eeden.

Eeden never got past piously believing that, in his "demon-dreams", he was being mocked and persecuted by independently existent "intelligent beings of a very low moral order". In fact, it got to the point where blissful experiences would be followed by dreadfully demonic ones because he believed the demons were angered by his happiness and were coming for him.

The big ugly monster who chases you may be scary and you may think it is not deserving of love but, in reality, it may be a big ugly monster in need of help and attention. Like beauty, ugliness and perceived nefariousness is in the eye of the beholder. Recognise the Shadow as a part of you.

As Jettins pointed out, belief becomes reality in that state of consciousness.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Hi Everyone

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 17th, 2011, 6:44 pm

This is very true summerlander, but most of the time u wont get someone that is afraid of spiders to not be afraid of spiders simply because we might say so. I prefer a slow personal approach of discovery. For example to someone they could believe in demons no matter what we say, so much religious conditioning yes indeed, but they still do. I rather open the mind of a person so that they can experience and interpret themselves, while making less or safer assumptions.

When we say "Demons" we should specify what exactly is meant by it, as different beliefs have different views on what a "demon" is. Its not always the archetypal"demon" from the photographs people refer too. Demons as negative forces do exit, this is very real, we create them, therefore they do exist but only in the subjective mind. From my experience there is no telling what the mind can visually manifest.
Running away from what you believe to be evil sentient beings only adds fuel to the fire and perpetuates the chase and the fear.
Ultimately this is true and I agree very much, but we are making assumptions as to think they have been through what we have to reach this conclusion, and this is not the case. Confronting what you believe to be evil sentient beings can be as dangerous as trying to avoid them simply because someone might believe they can harm them, it might harm them if they believe so, as harm is generated by the mind and we might not know the after effects. I try to accommodate to others rational, and approach it that way as they will create their reality based on their belief, not on mine. To think that I can cause a paradigm shift for someone simply because I have the "right" information is unwise, as it is a process. I rather empower them with tools so they can slowly come to terms with it for themselves.

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Summerlander

Hi Everyone

Post by Summerlander » November 17th, 2011, 7:51 pm

I'm sorry, it is not my intention to change anyone's mind - they should do this of their own accord. I will more appropriately say I have personally concluded that demons have no existence but a subjective one. A "nudge" in the most productive direction would have sufficed and this is why I admire the subtlety of the historical Buddha.

I have faced these demons and have never been harmed. I simply decided to faced them unafraid and unconcerned about what could have become of me that my imagination could conceive. The freedom really lies in not worrying about what will become of you whatever daring action you take in that state. With that comes power. By simply understanding that whatever I experience in the phase is a product of the mind, I have eradicated such experiences. I've come to the realisation that they are usually fear-rooted.

Deep-rooted phobias can be hard to overcome overnight but this is known to have happened. The phase state does have healing powers in the sense that, if you know that what surrounds you isn't real and that you are really lying in bed, then you are able to practice anything there. You may also obtain information about yourself that you weren't aware before and be faced with the real answers behind your phobias. It can help you to reach a deeper understanding, in other words, and, if applied correctly and with faith that it will work, it can be both beneficial and therapeutic.

One can say that it is a little like a child (children in general have more nightmares than adults) understanding more about the world and being less afraid. Perhaps there is a reason why, believe it or not, that children are more prone to lucid dreaming than adults. People of course, are different and some may need more time to "heal" than others.

Besides the healing power, the phase has other properties such as being a source of creativity, a great means to problem-solve, a state of consciousness where we can do the impossible, a way to live out fantasies and put you in a great mood, a way to spiritually boost yourself (whatever the meaning you apply to the word), getting motivation, and overall influencing and improving psychology and physiology (imagine a diet where you still get to eat the things you like in all and even better realism)...and the list goes on...

So, with all that potential, why focus on being afraid of demons and potentially deprive yourself of wonderful experiences? You create your reality wherever you go (wakefulness) by making choices, building opinions and having belief-systems that will effect the course of your life, and, in that state of consciousness, it is particularly more noticeable due to the transmutable nature of the phase. We have potential to have absolute power in that realm by creating a suitable world that will yield practical results so, make it a good one! ;)

Ryan

Hi Everyone

Post by Ryan » November 17th, 2011, 10:16 pm

Don't just "believe" you're safe... *KNOW* your safe! There is a subtle difference between the two. ;)

Oh and welcome to the forum! ^_^