Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 1:59 pm

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Hi from bonnie Scotland! :)

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
Samwise
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 100

Hi from bonnie Scotland! :)

Postby Samwise » March 9th, 2016, 11:23 am

Hi peeps,

Good to be here! In my "real" life I'm a UK based scientist (ecology), and while I like to take a rational approach to things, reductionist sloppy scientific "sceptical" thinking does grate at me...I would consider my approach that of an open minded sceptic. I'm a long term lucid dreamer, and have a deep interest in all things consciousness related. More recently I've been attempting to induce projections, and have had some partial successes, but feel I have barely scratches the surface when it comes to this, and I would consider these a main interest at the present time. I'm pro-consciousness research so like to spread the good word on these things when I can.

Looking forward to having an explore around the forums...happy journeys to all! :)

Samwise

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Re: Hi from bonnie Scotland! :)

Postby fairyana » March 9th, 2016, 4:22 pm

Welcome to the forum, Samwise!! :)

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » March 9th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Hey welcome to the forum, nice to see we have a scientist among us, since you are well accomplished with lucid dreams, did you know you can easily Astral project from lucid dreams, you might want to give that a try. There's a post on it here somewhere. Just take a look around there's lots of inspiring techniques for astral projection. If you need help just let us know. I check the forum everyday.
Go hard or not at all

Master roshi
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby Master roshi » March 9th, 2016, 6:22 pm

Hi there, welcome to the forum, I think you'll find it a useful tool for getting questions answered and sharing your thoughts. I myself haven't had my first official astral projection but thanks to the people here I've been able to learn a lot more about them and conciousness as a whole.

Samwise
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 100

Postby Samwise » March 11th, 2016, 10:08 am

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome! :) So I have attempted inducing projections from lucid dreams on several occasions but haven't had much luck with this...the dream either implodes into blackness or just goes a bit trippy, it is unreliable for me thus far. I've had a few OBE's that started off as dreams and then rapidly turned into very powerful OBE's of their own accord, but the power of these experiences and the exit sensations kinda caught me off guard! I guess I need more practice...so far I've experienced incredible feelings of falling, acceleration and a feeling resembling electrocution, but minus the pain...I think I need to practice more to get more familiar with these sensations and experiences so they don't throw me off course when attempting projection.

It seems for many that lucid dream-OBE conversion is the easiest way of going about this, but I feel these experiences will be more dream-like and subjective in nature, I have a feeling that OBE's induced from waking consciousness are the holy grail in some respects and my current priority.

Anyway, I will do some reading up on here...see y'all around!! ;)

astraltraveller
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Postby astraltraveller » July 10th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Welcome Samwise (Gamgee ;))
Astral Projection > Cookies

Return to Introductions - Please stop by and introduce yourself