Hello!

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
matt1971
Initiate
count: 0

Hello!

Post by matt1971 » June 3rd, 2012, 7:04 pm

My name is Matt and I'm 41 years old. I first became interested in Astral Projection while deployed aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise as an active-duty Marine in 2007. Since that time, I have read several books (Monroe, Buhlman, Taylor and many others) and have tried to induce an out-of-body experience. So far, I have had a few interesting experiences, but I have not had that "breakthrough" moment yet. I am very intrigued by the idea of astral travel and have recently devoted a good deal of time to meditation and establishing intent. I am looking forward to reading about experiences that other people have had in order to help make it seem more "real" in my mind. I was glad to find this site and would welcome any advice. So far, I have not gone past the vibration stage. The past two sessions I have had I felt a sensation of swaying left to right as well as a sensation of falling, upon which I immediately returned to full waking consciousness.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Hello!

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 3rd, 2012, 8:37 pm

Hello Matt1971

I am glad you found the site. It sounds like you are close to having out of body experiences. Meditation can help you develop a greater transfer of awareness to your subtle body, or the body in which you operate while in the out of body condition. Making it easier to recognize your state. This means the sensations of swaying and falling that can make you aware that your in the correct state to have out of body experiences will increase. This is a big step.

There are some post you might like to read that can help trigger Out of body experiences. There is the indirect technique, when upon waking from a normal dream you try to induce by keeping the mind awake when the body naturally wants to naturally fall to sleep. It is a good idea to always keep in mind..
induction-techniques/speed-counting-technique-t148.html

Since you have already felt subtle body sensations such as vibrations, falling and swaying you could find my personal technique to induce out of body experiences interesting and useful. It is a variation of how Taylor and Bulhman induce out of body experiences.
induction-techniques/jettins-wbtr-with- ... t-t74.html

Other things to keep in mind about the sleep cycle and noticeable affects that increase probability of Astral Projection success.
attaining-lucidity/increasing-probabili ... -t329.html

If you would like to read about some of my experiences in the Astral Realms, the following post is set up chronology order on what related experiences meant for me and why. You might find it interesting Matt.
non-physical-experiences/noon-incident-t316.html

If you could tell us what happened while deployed aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise that got you interesting in Astral Projection. I would enjoy reading about it.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

matt1971
Initiate

Post by matt1971 » June 3rd, 2012, 9:16 pm

Thank you for the information! I will be sure to incorporate some of those techniques this evening. To elaborate on my experience aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise, I had brought along several PDFs that I downloaded onto my laptop on various metaphysical subjects prior to deploying. I serendipitously stumbled upon William Buhlman's excellent Adventures Beyond the Body and read it with great interest. I immediately began trying some of the techniques that I had read about, which was often difficult aboard a carrier due to all of the constant noise. However, during one session, while lying in my enclosed rack (bed, naval terminology), I momentarily felt like I was floating upwards through the flight deck and I could see the atomic structure of the metal. Unfortunately, the experience was extremely brief.

As long as I can remember, I have always had very detailed and story-like dreams. I would not classify them as lucid dreams, but they are interesting nevertheless. I have kept a journal of some of the more interesting dreams that I felt were significant in some way.

The most interesting experience that I have had so far occurred while I was living in China Lake, California. During that time, I devoted many hours to meditation and in trying to induce an OBE. On one particular evening, while blindfolded and listening to binaural beats with headphones, I had a brief experience in which I could see clearly in the soft light of the room. I was lying on the couch and perceived my wife on the other side of it. However, something struck me as being odd, because my wife was already asleep in the next room. Immediately, I realized it was not my wife but a dark-haired woman that was unknown to me. Her hand was reaching out towards me over the top of the couch and I felt no apprehension whatsoever. At that point, I immediately regained full consciousness. The experience was very vivid and I had complete clarity while it occurred.

One other experience worth mentioning was when I took a dose of Salvia Divinorum because of my frustration with the lack of progress I was making. I became a government employee after retiring from the Marine Corps, so most substances are out of the question. However, since Salvia Divinorum was legal, I figured I would give it a try. Once again, I blindfolded myself and assumed a lying position on my couch during the late evening when my family was asleep. This time, I experienced a strange sliding sensation and saw weird, moving visualizations that were earth-toned (red, brown, and yellow) and reminded me of a psychedelic version of 1940s style American cartoons. In this experience, I was told by a collective voice that they had been waiting for me and that I was late. There was also a strange sense that my departed step-mother was there as well. After that, I had a total loss of sense of self; I did not know who I was and I struggled to remember what my identity was. As I struggled, I slowly began to remember my identity, and it was at this point that I emerged from the experience and then went to sleep.

That is about the extent of my experiences so far. I am really hoping to develop the ability to astral travel with full clarity and awareness. Reading accounts from Bob Monroe and William Buhlman have really captures my imagination and have inspired me to study the nature of consciousness. I have even gone so far as to pursue a Bachelor's degree in psychology so that I can educate myself further.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 4th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Wow Matt, thanks for sharing. It looks to me like your on your way to have frequent out of body experiences. Your dedication will pay off. Robert Monroe books are very interesting indeed. There is so much happening in the other dimension it will be impossible for many people to comprehend this, but when you've been there you just know. Evolution is a personal decision. I look forward to reading about your experiences. Have you listen to the William Bulman trance induction mp3 recordings?

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

matt1971
Initiate

Post by matt1971 » June 6th, 2012, 4:48 pm

I just purchased the William Buhlman "How to Have an Out of Body Experience" from Audible.com. I'm going to start listening to it tonight. The last two evenings have been very uneventful during my meditation sessions, so I'm eager to try something a little different. I also started reading "Multidimensional Man", which I absolutely love. Thanks for the recommendation...I'll let you know if I get any results.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 6th, 2012, 6:28 pm

One simple advice, If the goal of the meditation session is to have an out of body experience, mediate in the mornings after a few hours of sleep. Or second best mid after noon naps. It is possible to have then at any time, but it is just more difficult. Would only recommend it for those that can already have then nearly at will in the mornings.

Trying then at night before bed can cause subtle body movement sensations, but they are very likely to be short and uneventful and can turn into lucid dreams later on during the night. Meditation anytime is great practice for enhancing awareness, but when you are ready for the real deal to have conscious exists with only little or no loss in awareness as you transition into trance, try it in the mornings.

Matt, click here: astral-projection/jurgen-ziewe-astral-p ... html#p1156

Since you have a background in psychology you mind understand this post I wrote today...
astral-projection/self-pysche-ego-t356.html

Have a great day!

matt1971
Initiate

Post by matt1971 » June 8th, 2012, 5:25 pm

I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning. Why do you think that technique is more effective? Is it due to the fact that your body is more rested and you are less prone to fall asleep?

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 8th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Regarding Astral projecting in the mornings, the can post below can help clarify things a bit more. But it has to do with REM Cycles and natural meditative states. The post could give you some cues to find you personal timing, it also gives you ideas how to approach it. It's a little complex, but thinking of it in such way will pay of later. To me it's about finding the sweet spot sort of speak, for consistent or easier induced Out of Body Experiences.

For success one needs to be prone to fall to sleep, but in a controlled manner, meaning with conscious awareness as you transition into the trance states. Try and go through the post and the linked posts closely. I have made some updates and added links to it.

attaining-lucidity/increasing-probabili ... html#p1072

Good luck!