Last visit was: June 25th, 2017, 5:36 am

It is currently June 25th, 2017, 5:36 am

Helloooo fellow explorers!

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
Phoenix
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Helloooo fellow explorers!

Postby Phoenix » August 23rd, 2012, 1:12 am

Hi Folks! Sean here. Just joined. Found you via near-death-forums. Here's my intro:

I've been interested in the BIG mysteries since I was a kid.
Became cynical with the world in my teens, which lead to depression in my 20's.
Started to research in earnest. Psychology, spirituality, self development.
Learned enough to raise myself out of personal darkness.

I'm 44 now. Have a family; wife and 2 sons. Gratefully enjoying my life.
I had the idea of starting a website in my spare time that discusses what I've learned,
perhaps helping others searching for answers.

So I started writing articles. That's when I hit a wall. I realized that what I had learned
in my previous studies only scratched the surface of these deep mysteries! Wow.
Rather than become daunted, I'm persisting. Not only for the purposes of my planned
website to help others, but for my own continuing education and development.

I've been buying Kindle books like mad, and searching for info on the web. Reading reading reading.
But there are limitations to this, and I have gaps in my knowledge I'm having trouble finding answers to.
What's that saying about when the student is ready? I'm hoping to find some teachers here. ;)

Also, reading about some of the OOB experiences here makes me wonder if it might be time to
do more than just read books!

All the best,
Sean "Phoenix"
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Re: Helloooo fellow explorers!

Postby hydro1 » August 23rd, 2012, 9:00 am

Hello hydro1 here, welcome....so what do you hope to gain from this perticular subject?....what exp do you posess to help you obtain astral projection.....are you good at meditation and focus?......if you are truly interested...i suggest you to take a look around the forum at the info on the subject.....we have lots of methods and techniques to help you get started......once you have given it a try...we can help you progress further to reach your goals...but right now try to get some practice in.. ......have you ever had an O.B.E before? its quite amazing....we will do everything we can to help you achieve one...i'll let jettins give you more instructions further...but feel free to ask us anything regarding Astral projection:D....i'm just waking up so don't be affended if i said anything outta line my friend....hope to hear more from you.
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate

Postby Phoenix » August 23rd, 2012, 10:36 am

Hi hydro1, thanks for the friendly welcome and the help!

Ultimately what I'm striving for is a deeper understanding of myself, other people and of the bigger picture.
I think these kind of insights can only do good.

Having an OBE sounds amazing. I haven't had one yet.
I've done meditation, and I have the first level of Holosync (audio for deep meditation).
I haven't been doing it much though. Busy life...but I could find time if I wanted to.

So far my explorations have been more scholarly. Mainly connected to my research
for article writing. What I've discovered is that subjects that I thought I was fairly knowledgable
about are much deeper than I had realized. What was I thinking right? Choosing the deepest,
most mysterious subject matters of all, and hoping to pump out well informed posts by the dozen heh heh! :)

So what are your reasons for exploring OBE's hydro1?
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.

hydro1
Initiate

Postby hydro1 » August 23rd, 2012, 3:52 pm

Well trust me once you get a couple of exps under your belt....you will get a chance to find out more bout yourself and other .....but right now you need to feel how the astral plane feel....basically walk before you run...but trust me after about three exp and getting your feel of the astral you will be ready for exploration....since you are pretty cool on meditation it maybe a good method to start....but to be sure you must try all the methods to see which suits you better....the most common method involves you laying on your back...so look around the forum and start trying some methods...also my reason for projecting is to gain lots of knowlledge and to help and heal people...and trust me once you got out a few times your path will open up for you....the first thing you must do is abandon all your fears otherwise you won't make it with this subject...first thing you need to know is you can't be harmed on the astral...no matter if you see things they can't harm you....but they can play major mind games.
Go hard or not at all

hydro1
Initiate

Postby hydro1 » August 23rd, 2012, 3:58 pm

When ever you get out your body get as far away from you body as possible otherwise you will be sucked back in ending your exp...also stay active otherwise it wil end...so tell me some of your exps with meditation....if you fear death...then i recommend this book it will open your eyes to not fearing deaath.....its called destiny of souls..trust me it will open your eyes to alot...if you can barrrow it from the library...altho buying it is better....when you've gotten good with astral projection...then the best place to start looking is the akashic records...once you out your body...will yourself there...everything is about thought in the astral so where ever you wanna go just think about it...if its a person you wanna see have their image in your mind and say their name...otherwise it could take you to someone with the same name.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 23rd, 2012, 5:43 pm

Welcome to the Forum Sean!

Great Advice Hydro!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Phoenix
Initiate

Postby Phoenix » August 23rd, 2012, 8:34 pm

Thanks guys!

You know, since reading your posts I'm now really seriously considering exploring astral projection for myself. I did a course when I was younger, but I tackled it half-heartedly and never had an experience. I need to devote some self discipline to it.

I've recently read Journey & Destiny of Souls. Amazing. One of the things that gave me (pleasant) chills was the indication that there are realms/states of mind even beyond the scope of those souls reincarnating and teaching. What a fantastic adventure. Worlds to explore.

I don't really fear death or what happens after death. Well as a concept anyway. I guess that to actually face the real deal would be upsetting for anyone who hasn't attained some kind of mastery though. The stories of Taoist masters who change into dragons and fly off come to mind, heh heh! It is reassuring to think that death is not the end of life though, and that the whole universe/God is based on love. THAT's a huge relief. Perfect.

I'm not much of a fearful person. But the idea of the 'dark side' does give me pause. Some things I've read also say there's nothing to fear when astral travelling. But I have also come across people warning of dangers (psychic 'attacks'?) and several accounts talking about being 'haunted' after their journeys. I'd like to know more about what risks I might be facing if there are any.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 23rd, 2012, 9:02 pm

Hello Sean,

Regarding psychic attacks it would be like someone screaming at you in the street. If you allow that scream to negatively affect you, then they have succeeded in psychically attacking you because they have affected your state of being. It's understandable that in the Astral Realms people could think of this as something to "fear", it is an occult often misunderstood topic after all. It is up to the individual to determine how much power any given thought will have against them. Personality I would try not to venture in these dimensions to begin with but will not fear them if I come across it.

Do not concern yourself to much on taking fear, this will pass as you experience and learn more. Concern yourself if you are projecting negativity. Why? It will become your compass to where you might end up in the realms during an out of body experience. For example you're negativity will take you to the dangerous areas of Chicago, and the way you carry yourself determined by your negativity will make you a target. Like attracts like in the astral realms. This is not a warming or meant to make someone afraid, it is to help those raise their expectations. As you have been doing Sean. This post is really meant for the passing reader.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate

Postby hydro1 » August 23rd, 2012, 9:47 pm

Basically what he's saying is there are no risks or dangers...if you good at controling your thoughts then you have nothing to worry or fret about...yes your mind and thoughts can run a muck on you...like i said earlier anything out of the ordinary you may see is just mind games...sometime too your guides can put you thru a series of tests...nothing harmful....everything is a learning exp...the people who tell you that astral is dangerous is people who don't have control over their thoughts...they let fear get the better of them...and their mind acts on those fears...but like you said you not a fearful person...so you are ready to start.....just get a good method and start practicing.....pick one work with it for a week...giving it time to see if it works..if it works always remember every detail of what/how you did it...right now i work with projecting from the third eye.
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Postby fairyana » August 24th, 2012, 6:21 pm

Hello, just joined this forum. Jettins and Sean know me from the other forum. I have been giving thought on trying to astrally project myself. So far I've just read many techniques, I've also read Waldo Vieira's journal, but I lack discipline and that's something I have to work on in all aspects of my life: to discipline my thoughts (and consequently my actions!).

Next

Return to Introductions - Please stop by and introduce yourself