Last visit was: June 28th, 2017, 3:59 pm

It is currently June 28th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Hey guys.

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
Echobreaker
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 17

Hey guys.

Postby Echobreaker » October 1st, 2012, 9:08 am

Hey, my name is Liam, and I have been having spontaneous OOBE's lately. It's happened to me three times in the span of a month, and I came here to get help on making these situations less sporadic, more focused.

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Re: Hey guys.

Postby hydro1 » October 1st, 2012, 10:21 am

Best advice meditate....and if you want take a look at some of the verirty of info here on the forum...i'm sure jettins will be alone shortly :D
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 1st, 2012, 12:39 pm

Hello Echobreaker,

Great, if your having spontaneous out-of-body experiences then it means something is lined up right already. First thing would be to take notes on how you felt before going to sleep and after you woke up the days you had spontaneous out-of-body experiences. If there was something in particular the day before that you did that changed your stress levels of overall physical feel. As a beginner, any little variables that change your body and mind can affect your overall ability to become aware as you project. You are becoming aware of Trance as it is happening which is the onset of an out-of-body experiences, this is great.

Some people take months to reach the stage you have, yet you have done it spontaneously. It appears to me your body and mind are working effectively for out of body experiences. Now I am telling you these things so that you can start paying close attention to the peculiarities that affect your sleep cycle. How you felt before sleep, after sleep, activity during the day, which days you felt the most dreamy in the morning, what could be causing it, where dreams vivid, was your body overworked, relaxed etc.. The idea is not to have one single way of having out of body experiences, the idea is for you to be looking out for cause and effect. How a certain behavior affects your potential to have OBE experiences.

I tell you this my friend because there could come a time when experiences become harder to induce as changes in your life take place. It's empowering to have a flexible chess board figurative speaking, so that you can move the pieces back in your favor if you find the need for it. Having learning to have out-of-body experiences nearly at will could take time and effort. It's usually not a freebee, or a free ride for long, something will end up changing it. Being able to adapt is key and will make all the difference.

Now, you mentioned you are having spontaneous out-of-body experiences. There is a technique that you could use to focus your awareness at a precise moment after waking up from a normal dream that could trigger trance states or the onset of out-of-body experiences. Here is the post...

newbie-void-beginner/technique-for-every-aspiring-lucid-dreamer-t464.html

Keep in mind that this approach will work only if your body and mind are synchronized in such a way to produce quick dreams upon waking and returning to sleep. If this is not the case, changing the variables that I mentioned in this post could help. You have realized hat I have not said much about "how to induce" in this post, the reason for this is because first you want to put your LIFE in a conducive state so that out-of-body experiences can then flow from it. If not, you could be fighting with a technique and not realize why it's not working and lose encouragement, so it would be beneficial to keep this in mind. Having DEILD (Dream Exit Induce Lucid Dream) work for you is a good measuring bar to quickly know if the many other approaches for inducing out-of-body experiences will work better.

Put yourself to the test, read the above link carefully and know exactly what to do.

It would be idea to start a dream journal if you haven't already and to get into the habit of recording your dreams immediately after you wake up.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Echobreaker
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 17

Postby Echobreaker » October 1st, 2012, 2:19 pm

Thanks Jettins, I appreciate the advice :).

As for changes, the only thing I can note as strange in my sleep cycle is that I take a nap in the middle of the day, but not on a consistent basis. Other then that, I simply 'wake up', feeling weight on my body and vibrations, and hearing Barry White music (or something along those lines).

But I thank you for the advice, and I'll try to put it into practice.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » October 1st, 2012, 4:26 pm

Ok

I can note as strange in my sleep cycle is that I take a nap in the middle of the day, but not on a consistent basis.

It appears you REM cycle is having a REM rebound type of effect boasting the the sensations of trance states, hence the vibrations and weight. It appears to me that WBTB (wake-back-t-bed) could be the approach you could take. You can find resources online to learn about WBTB, when you do ask questions about it in this forum.

It appears you REM cycle is having a REM rebound type of effect boasting the sensations of trance states, hence the vibrations and weight. It appears to me that WBTB (wake-back-to-bed) could be the approach you could take. You can find resources online to learn about WBTB, then you do ask questions about it in this forum.

You can read about Albert Taylor's excellent method for inducing OBE experiences here:
http://www.tylerjhardy.com/how-to-induce-an-out-of-body-experience-wake-back-to-bed

Keep in mind that you can combine methods to increase probability of success. For example you can use WBTB to set your REM cycle for increase dream vividness at the same time use meditation techniques for inducing OBEs at that precise time. If you wake up for a normal dream while attempting to induce, you can then use DEILD as a back-up plan. But for this you will need to become familiar with the known methods for achieving lucidity and read over meditation and visualization strategies for boasting awareness and clearing the mind chatter if this is a problem. The idea here is learn when is the best time to apply any method of your choice, timing is critical if we want to make it easier for ourselves, do we not?

It appears that your REM cycle is having a boost from the naps, boasting the quasi-physical sensation associated with the trance states, the vibrations, weight, and music. You have a place to start. Read over the literature until you become familiar with it. Do not worry if you cannot apply it immediately, adjusting to certain requirements that make some of the techniques work can take time. There is also a learning curve. As you become more familiar with these vibrations and other non-physical sensations, the onset of OBE experiences, you are then more likely to boast your natural awareness so that you may become aware of these sensations even if they are more subtle or hardy noticeable. This will take time, but it is something to think about.

For now, try to duplicate the vibrations and other sensations associated with the trance condition. When you do this, think about how they feel, interact with the bed by dislodging your astral hands from your body. Think about moving the vibrations to different areas of your body. The idea is to learn to stay calm and relaxed to avoid prematurely waking up by familiarizing yourself with the sensations which can be scary at first, it will pay dividends in the future. If you are able to sustain it to your liking, attempt to separate from your physical using an "exit strategy". You can also read about those in astralvoid.com. For quick questions and answers you can use the chat at the top of the forum.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Return to Introductions - Please stop by and introduce yourself