'Nother noob here - hi!

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
GWells
Neophyte
count: 2

'Nother noob here - hi!

Post by GWells » December 16th, 2015, 11:58 am

Hi, everyone!

I'm a newbie to Astral Projection & Lucid Dreams. Used to meditate a lot, and got really used to building up energy in my body and moving it around w/visualization, but never thought to actually try to do anything with it once it was there. (At least, not in terms of leaving my body - used to try healing myself & others with some apparent success, but that's about it.)

Stumbled on some lectures by Ram Dass recently, then started spreading out and looking into transcendental experiences, and kind of locked on to the idea of initiating lucid dreams and/or OBEs on purpose.

Started practicing meditation again a week or two ago - pretty rusty, it's been something like a decade since I did it regularly. I started a dream journal about four days ago in an attempt to improve recall - I figure LDs will be an easier first step as I work up to OBEs, so I'm doing regular reality checks & writing down my dreams to flex those "muscles."

My only two experiences I can remember that seem significant right now:

1) When I was a kid, I used to have fairly frequent falling dreams where I'd fall off a building or a cliff in slow motion, my fear would build as I got closer to the ground, and I'd wake up in a cold sweat just before I died. One night, I had a dream where I was riding a bike, and the bike swerved, I went off a cliff, and the slow-mo fall started. I suddenly thought, "no, I don't feel like doing THIS again..." and turned the bike in mid-air, pedaled back to solid ground, and went on my merry way. That's the most significant lucid dream experience I can remember.

2) Never had an actual OBE, but I believe I was close to separating once... During college, I used to be basically nocturnal. Worked closing shifts at my job, then stayed up most of the night doing homework. I used to tie a flannel shirt over my eyes because I slept during the day. One morning, I lifted my head and glanced at the clock to see if I needed to get up and go meet someone, and I saw that it was 11:03 and the room was sunny, so I put my head back down because I didn't need to get up till noon. A few moments later I kind of jumped and went "wait a minute..." felt my face and realized that the shirt was still over my eyes. I yanked it off, then saw that the room was exactly as light as I thought - the sun was coming in at the same angle and everything. And the clock read 11:04. So I had "seen" the room and the clock without my eyes, but I had no idea what that meant back then.

Anyway, I look forward to exploring... I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for you all, so please bear with me. I'll share any significant experiences I have as my "training" progresses. :-)

fairyana
Initiate

Re: 'Nother noob here - hi!

Post by fairyana » December 22nd, 2015, 1:44 pm

Welcome to the forum! :)

astraltraveller
Initiate

Post by astraltraveller » July 16th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Welcome to the forum
Astral Projection > Cookies

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » July 17th, 2016, 12:39 am

hey welcome to the forum, if you need help don't hesitate to let us know. your second experience is a classic projection, though time is usually distorted in the astral wtg. I've died many times in my dreams and those are usually when I become lucid here is one of my experiences with that, so that you won't have to be afraid of dying in your dreams, I used to be scared of those moments my self.

hydro1-journal/pow-pow-lucidity-lucidit ... html#p4462
Go hard or not at all