Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 7:10 am

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 7:10 am

Trying to re-create spontaneous past OBEs

Welcome to AstralVoid.com, this is the perfect place to help other members get to know you. You could also let us know what your intentions are, this will help us determine how best to relate to you.
Forum rules
Hi please write a little bit about your self for so the other members can get to know you. Also lets us know what are your intentions, this will help us determine how best to help you at your current level of understanding. Feel free to post your Questions on the Newbie Void to get started! Have a great day!
dch
Neophyte
AP/LD Count: 2

Trying to re-create spontaneous past OBEs

Postby dch » August 19th, 2012, 10:49 pm

Hi, I just found this forum in Linkedin. I was searching for groups related to investigating paranormal phenomena, and for some reason I found Astral Projection and Lucid Dreams. Then I read something very interesting Juan A. had posted, I wrote to him… and here I am. I am a professional fiction writer. Since I am a child I’ve always been interested in what people around me called “fantasy” subjects (Ufos, paranormal, and the like), mostly due to a few strange experiences I’ve had throughout my life, among them 2 spontaneous OBEs I had in my 20s… They were powerful enough to convince me that there was another whole dimension that humans didn’t know anything about, although I lived in Cuba at that time, and the whole social & political environment conspired against this type of heretic notion. Since I arrived to US, I’ve been trying to know more about OBEs to re-create that experience, but I haven’t been able so far. I hope this forum will help me to understand this process. Forgive me if my English sounds strange at times. It’s not my first language.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Re: Trying to re-create spontaneous past OBEs

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 20th, 2012, 12:39 pm

So you’ve had two OBEs. This is great. This means the astral realms is not locked out for you. You shall return and I’ll see to it that you do. There is some information that might help you personally determine your best opening window for when to attempt to induce out of body experiences. This might be a bit difficult to understand at first, but it can help establish a thought process than can help you find your own way to succeed. This is what you should read for this: attaining-lucidity/increasing-probability-astral-projection-success-t329.html

Many people have different variations on how to induce out-of-body experience, but how do we know which one is the easiest method that will work for us? We start personalizing our methods based on the feedback that we get through our sleep cycle. This means that we need to understand how our sleep cycle affects our dreaming. A dream journal is going to be required Daina if you don’t already have one. Daily motivation and reading about the subject will help saturate your mind increasing the probability of it happening again.

I would recommend finding a reason from your heart, a reason on why you would like learn and understand the beyond. It will help you get closer to your subconscious drives, those that will become activated as the onset of a conscious out-of-body experience occurs.

As you go, you will read about the quasi-physical sensations that can happen as trance states occur. The lucid dream literature refers to it as “hypnagogic hallucinations”. It’s a natural process that happens when we fall to sleep. Most of the people have not learned be vigilant about these sensations, but we will. Why? because they are the onset of conscious out-of-body experiences. If you haven’t already, I would suggest reviewing what other people have felt as hypnagogic hallucinations. We need to find a way to love these occurrences that are usually of high strangeness.

There is a possibility of fear, in my opinion this is the reason why most people snap out of the onset conscious out-of-body experiences. It is a very sensitive state that can cause someone snap into wakefulness as it is happening. This is where the connection with our heart comes into effect. If we find a reason that feels true to us (usually associated with a spiritual practice of any sort), then these hypnagogic experiences are less likely to disrupt the process of entering trance states. Being a creative writer I have a feeling you won't have difficult with this. Our wakeful mind might not fear any of this, but our subconscious mind based on the programing through our lives might have something different to say (self blocks we have unknowing created).

Imagine a person jumping out of a plane for the first time. The skydiver might have wanted to jump out of the plane all his life, but when she is ready to jump out the plane she can’t help it but feel tension and fear. This tension and fear at the unconscious level is what we need to find a way to come to terms with and eventually turn it into love for it, it can take time. This is the principle on why establishing and good connection between body and mind are key in my opinion. This process will allow the realizations to take place within each individual. There are simpler, lucky or one time approaches to achieving lucidity, we can also consider these as we go. But we should start with the approach from the begging that yields consistency.

I cannot give you specific recommendations yet Diana, but I will as I get to know you a bit more. I would like instead for you to be able to modify the approaches that have worked for others based on the feedback that you get from your body and mind or your sleep cycles and it's intricacies. We will see as you stay active in the forum.

As you go, it will become easier. So give yourself some time to practice without becoming concerned about failure in the beginning. If you haven’t already, I would suggest refreshing your memory reading Astral Projection experiences to help you have plenty of motivation; it will be needed in the beginning.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » August 20th, 2012, 12:43 pm

So what do you wanna gain from astral projection beside trying to recreate....cause you may need more exp to try to get what it is you want....you need to know the ins and outs of what you dealing with....so tell us more about your astral projection exp....so we can determine more on how to help you with your goal.
Go hard or not at all

dch
Neophyte

Postby dch » August 20th, 2012, 1:54 pm

Thanks again, Juan. I think what I have to do first is to re-create my state of lucid dreams (I also had 2 of them, but I did them willingly: once when I first was reading Don Juan's Teachings, many many years ago, and the other one during a retirement in El Salvador (a year ago), when I had a three-day course on different meditations techniques.

Hydro1, I have the strong feeling that I need to re-enter that OBE realm so I can learn something essential for me in this lifetime. I already know I have fulfilled (and I'm still fulfilling) part of what I came to do in this life, but there is something else that is escaping me, and for that I have to connect to the Other Side. I also have a pending closure with two very important persons in my life, one of them is family. If they are not reincarnated yet again, I need to talk to them in some way.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » August 20th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Yes, I think you will be able to have more. It's interesting you mentioned "I need to talk to them in some way". In my out of body experience from today, I said as I was glitching or going through the ground plane "take me where I need to go", and then a guide grabbed me as I was falling in the darkness or in the void. She took me to see a man who I had met in physical life only for a few minutes. I thought it was interesting because I remember this particular person. He was not aware he was dead, the guide explained this to me. I had a chance to speak with my guide for some time, it was a very interesting eye opening experience.

Your guides or angels are listening, if this is what you need you will probably experience it. At the same time we need to make it easier for them by boasting our awareness otherwise we might never realize it occured. If you want to start with the lucid dream route, I would recommend reading first "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self by Robert Waggoner" and then a few others. You should have a strong basics first so that then you can start modifying the approaches with your needs. I think you will learn how to have 1 or 2 lucid experience per week more easily than you think but you have to flood yourself with this stuff. The more you have lucid experiences the less preparation and dedication will be needed, you'll see. Have a great day!

Let me know how things are coming along.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate

Postby hydro1 » August 20th, 2012, 3:49 pm

So basically you want to unlock what was block from your afterlife telling you about your purpose and your connection to 2 other people....well all i can say is when you have another projection to try willing yourself to the akashic records or just do what jettins suggested....btw have you read destiny of souls....it deals with what you are talking about...but it doesn't tell you exactly any methods....but astral projection will help you get what you aquire...do you remember exactly how and what you did to project...if so try to recreate that exact method...once out stay active otherwise you will return to body.
Go hard or not at all

dch
Neophyte

Postby dch » August 20th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Thanks, Juan! I just requested that book from my local library. I suppose I'll be very busy for the next weeks trying to practice the whole process.

Hi, Hydro1. I guess I'll have a few busy weeks of practice, going back to my notes from that seminar at El Salvador, about the lucid dreams techniques!

hydro1
Initiate

Postby hydro1 » August 20th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Just feel free to look at the countless info here.....something may catch your attention and help you out....if you don't get any inspiration from it then yes then you should retrack your steps back to the begining....just remember we will help you as much as possible :D keep us updated on your progress.........hey jettins maybe you two can get together in person and share info and practice....since both of you are florida...you both like libraries so you could meet there...just a suggestion
Go hard or not at all

Return to Introductions - Please stop by and introduce yourself