Last visit was: June 24th, 2017, 7:13 am

It is currently June 24th, 2017, 7:13 am

Practice Run

Tell us about your favorite experiences, they can be lucid or non-lucid. As long as you feel its worthy of special attention.
matt1971
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Practice Run

Postby matt1971 » June 30th, 2012, 7:16 am

30 June 2012

This morning I woke up when my alarm went off at 4:30 a.m. I tried to induce an OBE in my bed, no luck. I then left my bed, used the restroom, and sat against the wall of my room on the floor and tried again with no results. I walked downstairs at around 5:30 and reclined on one of the sofas in the living room. I began falling asleep, but felt a very odd sensation as if my hands were being jerked away from me. I returned upstairs to my own room and bed and tried again with a binaural recording.

This is when things became strange. I continued staring at the inside of my eyelids and repeating “mind awake, body asleep”. I must have fallen asleep, but within my dream I had an OBE. I experienced the sensation of my body going numb and then my etheric body left my physical body as I floated up and somersaulted backwards. As I was going through this motion, I saw a high window with the letters “CY” or “CT” above it. Within the dream, I woke up to find myself still in my bed. In my pseudo waking state, I thought that I had probably seen the letters "CT" and that they referred to Connecticut. I used to date a woman named Kayoko when I lived in mainland Japan who now lives in Connecticut, so I thought there must be a connection. Anyhow, since I knew what the sensations of leaving the body felt like, I tried to induce another OBE. This time, the effects were nearly immediate as my body went numb and I began to separate from my body. This time, I found myself within a dimly-lit hallway outside of my room. There was a beautiful young woman with red hair there, watching me. I sensed that she was a guide of some sort. Since my vision was dim, I announced out loud “Clarity now!” and then everything became much clearer. I was hovering above a linoleum covered hallway that had a layer of floor wax that reflected the overhead lights. During real, waking life, I have been doing reality checks. In the dream, I performed a reality check, pressing against the wall to see if it was real or if I was dreaming. The wall felt very solid, but I noticed that the woman could pass through walls with ease, as if demonstrating this fact to me. I was so overjoyed that I had finally separated from my body and was standing on my own two feet ( I was no longer hovering) in the etheric body that I woke up (within the dream). When I woke up, I found that I was outside of my room on a walkway facing a river. This was a rough copy of the house that I am currently renting a room in, although in the dream I did not realize this. My landlord was outside on the walkway and noticed me there. Ecstatic, I explained to him what had just happened to me and that not only had I left my body, but I had woken up outside of my room where he had found me. He seemed incredulous, but believed me. I cautioned him not to mention this to John, the other renter in the house, because he is a scientist (astronomer) and doesn’t believe in the paranormal. We then walked to the river and I noticed that I didn’t have any shoes on and was trudging through the mud.

Soon, we turned around and parted ways. I walked up the stairs of the “copy house” and went to my room, closing the door behind me as there were several kids loitering about in the foyer. It didn’t occur to me that this was strange. I closed my door and fumbled around with a combination radio/ CD player, trying to get it to play a CD I had apparently left in it. The CD player was broken and instead the radio came on, playing an eighties song. Outside of my door, I noticed the heels of two boys’ tennis shoes pressed against the lower portion of my door. It seemed as if they were leaning against my door. They were soon joined by a young woman and I could see her heels under the crack of the door. Initially, they were speaking in happy tones, but then I heard a terrified sound from one of the boys and intrinsically knew that the woman had one of them by the throat and had raised him up into the air with one arm as she was strangling him. When I flung open the door, the boy was in fact a strange-looking little man, a priest of some sort wearing garb, and he was dead, with spittle coming out of his mouth. The woman was gone, as were the other boys. The dead man reminded me of the dancing dwarf from Twin Peaks (90’s television show by David Lynch and Mark Frost). He was clearly dead from strangulation. It was at this point that I woke up. It was with some shock that I realized that I had not in fact experienced two OBEs but had merely dreamed about them. At the time, everything had seemed so real. I think that this is my psyche’s way of preparing me for the real experience. I can remember the sensations of how my etheric body felt leaving the physical body and how I had fought to remain calm and to just let it happen. Hopefully this is a sign that I will have an actual OBE soon. I felt that this event was pretty extraordinary in itself, so wanted to share it. One other odd note was that my binaural recording was not playing on my I-phone; I don’t remember turning it off.

After writing this down, I realize that I might understand the meaning of the strange ending to this dream. The boys were not boys, but instead cleverly disguised priests who were spying on me. The woman, who I thought was evil, was actually protecting me. She represented the Moon and the feminine essence associated with astral travel. The disguised priests probably represented my struggles with trying to overcome old paradigms and ideals that I have been raised with.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Re: Practice Run

Postby Jettins \o/ » June 30th, 2012, 5:13 pm

It was with some shock that I realized that I had not in fact experienced two OBEs but had merely dreamed about them. I think that this is my psyche’s way of preparing me for the real experience.

This is great Matt, Yes, this is a good sign that you are making progress.
Hopefully this is a sign that I will have an actual OBE soon.

If by an actual OBE you mean no gap or loss of consciousness as you transition into trance states, then I hope this happens to you soon as it is amazing. The highest level of lucidity is possible. On the other hand since the distinction between OBEs and Lucid Dreams has more to do with WHERE someone is projection to as appose to HOW, then it doesn't really matter how you get there. I will explain. The psyche will always be present during Out of body Experiences and Lucid dreams, the different is that with lucid dreams elements of the psyche are predominant, and during OBEs our psychic potential might be predominant to perceive things outside yourself.

Solid out of body experiences can turn into lucid dream type experiences, and lucid dream type experiences can turn into OBE experiences. Lucid dream expThe difference really has to do with the switch in the consciousness. Going internally is what usually happens happens when one lucid dreams, and going external when one has an OBE. Going internally would be the default natural process that will generate the dreams, but with the intention to experience other dimensions of being, one can prepare the mind to perceive things outside of oneself (OBE type experiences with greater physic potential). The switch between the states doesn't have to be done exclusively from the physical awake state. It's really done with the intent, and it can be done from within the lucid dreams. Changing our view on HOW we can get into a Real OBE, will also change WHERE we end up.

This way of looking at is beneficial because in the end, it doesn't really matter where the information comes as long as you can make use of it. I've started to have this thinking the more I experience. There will be times when I might encounter a being that simply doesn't know he or she is dead during a solid OBE, in this case there will be little to learn other than their condition. At other times an internal voice possibly coming from inner portion of my psyche, inner self, higher self or whatever one might like to call it, will have something interesting to explain and these will be vary between OBE or LD predominant.

Have a great day
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » June 30th, 2012, 8:10 pm

There is also the limitations set for by the subtle body and the types of experiences it yields. You just gave me a great for diagrams. thanks!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

matt1971
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 0

Postby matt1971 » June 30th, 2012, 8:50 pm

Even though this wasn't strictly an OBE, it definitely felt like one (at least what I imagine it would be like from the multiple descriptions that I have read). I have considered that this was an OBE induced from the dream state and I certainly consider this to be a valid experience. It was one of the most thrilling moments of my life, and that is saying a lot. As Thomas Campbell would say, it was information and data. I would say that it was extremely informative and exciting. I am looking forward to my first breakthrough experience. Over the past several weeks, I have been experiencing quite a few interesting moments, so it definitely seems to be escalating. I've been trying to saturate my mind with astral travel topics and have been setting my intent in the present tense. I think these efforts will bear even more fruit soon.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Postby Jettins \o/ » June 30th, 2012, 9:20 pm

It was one of the most thrilling moments of my life, and that is saying a lot.

Wow, I am very happy for you! excellent!

Return to Your Favorite Experiences