Last visit was: June 28th, 2017, 3:58 pm

It is currently June 28th, 2017, 3:58 pm

The nature of evil

Tell us about your favorite experiences, they can be lucid or non-lucid. As long as you feel its worthy of special attention.
astralzombie
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 950

The nature of evil

Postby astralzombie » September 1st, 2013, 1:27 pm

Hi guys. I wanted to share with you one of my favorite experiences. This particular experience came about because Jettins and I were butting heads over a link that he provided. In the end, I was very grateful that we had the interaction because it led to this experience.

Ordinarily, I would not give something like this a listen. But I had already semi-judged it so in fairness, I decided to. I only got through the first two parts but I plan on finishing the rest today.

I wanted to phase with the intent to examine evil in the NPR. Immediately, I phased into a scene with Jaime Fox's Django character chained to the floor. I thought to myself, my plan didn't work. Django then said, "What's the matter, slavery not evil enough for you?" I was caught by surprise and I said. "It's not that. You're Jaime Fox, and to be honest, I don't care much for your acting."

I had my full awareness and had every intent to phase into some hellish scene to examine evil when my guide showed up. He told me to just watch and not to leave. He had a sort of "Christmas Carol" journey planned for me.

Sparing the details, Django was whipped over and over again for taking his young daughter some food. Each time he passed out from the pain he was revived and allowed to gain his composure before the lashing began again. Enough was enough and we left.

Next we were in a smelly, grungy one room efficiency. Some young teenage girl was bound and gagged on a dirty mattress that I wouldn't let a wild animal sleep on. Then a young man in his late twenties enters and without details, I'm sure you know the rest.

The "best" was saved for last. This was actually a retrieval that worked in some sort of reverse order. I had to watch many of the horrible crimes that a young cartel leader was committing. He had personally murdered a dozen people and ordered the deaths of a hundred more. Yet each time, he repented. I mean he truly repented. He broke down and sobbed. He prayed. He spent money on the family of his victims. But he could not change or stop. He was finally killed by the son of one of his victims. They put a tire around him and filled it with gas. Like they do in Africa. Which as it turns out, he was from South Africa and I had to get him back there. He was hated by so many people and wanted by so many agencies, that the only way to get him home was to swim through the Atlantic Ocean. He was such a sissy and scared of sharks, that I had to make the entire swim with him.

Then I had to go back and see these evil doers from a different view. And let me tell you, as sickened as I was by their actions, I was sickened even more to know, to truly understand that I was just as capable of doing the things they had done if I had been in their positions.

What I learned about evil is that we are all capable of it. Evil arises from pain. We feel hurt by something and want something corrected. Yet we don't know how. Evil is a want. We want it for some reason.

It is not easy thinking that we too are capable of extreme acts of evil but believe me, we all are. I learned that I needed to separate the actions from the person. If we can't, we can easily be led into a feeling of hatred and disgust which in turn, only serves to hurt us.

One crazy night but it changed my way of thinking. What do you all think about the nature of evil?

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Re: The nature of evil

Postby hydro1 » September 1st, 2013, 6:56 pm

Most people think that evil consist of demons and or the devil, but we too are able to commit this act also. When people do evil acts you always hear people call them (you devil/devils) as if demons are the only ones that can do this. But as you see from this exp they were all humans and we seem to forget that as we watch films. But lately these films started to make it peopl who are doing the act of evil. People even use the act of being possessed by demons when quite possibly it could be the person's mentality. I'm not saying demons don't exist just saying we as people are able to commit this act. All in all I like your exp although it took you to be mad at another person to exp that. Keep'em coming can't wait to hear more exps from you. Thanks for sharing.
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Postby fairyana » September 2nd, 2013, 9:34 am

I think there may be a couple of nuances to evil but mostly I would agree that evil comes out of hurt and wanting something done to repair. However, I think the two key elements for this repair to be the wrong kind is: ignorance and fear. Actually ignorance leads to fear so those are intimately related. Ignorance, in this sense, is spiritual ignorance, to not understand who we really are and how we develop spiritually. Perhaps we are all able to do evil because we have free will. To be able to, but not do it, shows spiritual development. Otherwise, it wouldn't be our merit.

astralzombie
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 950

Postby astralzombie » September 2nd, 2013, 1:54 pm

Thanks for the replies guys and gals.

I can tell you all understood what I was talking about.l
Last edited by astralzombie on September 25th, 2013, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

fairyana
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 2

Postby fairyana » September 4th, 2013, 12:11 pm

I was reading what I wrote, but actually, a person doesn't even need to go into any spiritual subject to "enlighten" themselves. Because spiritual development is so perfect in it's logic, those that think logically also develop spiritually. The logic is very simple: love, cooperation, and respect towards others and the wish to make others happy lead to a constructive and prosperous society. Bertrand Russel, an atheist, got this logic very well:

"All who are not lunatics are agreed about certain things. That it is better to be alive than dead, better to be adequately fed than starved, better to be free than a slave. Many people desire those things only for themselves and their friends; they are quite content that their enemies should suffer.

These people can only be refuted by science: Humankind has become so much one family that we cannot ensure our own prosperity except by ensuring that of everyone else. If you wish to be happy yourself, you must resign yourself to seeing others also happy."

-Bertrand Russell "The Science to Save Us from Science," The New York Times Magazine (19 March 1950).

So another conclusion I would make is that evil has also the characteristic of being illogical, meaning, if one bases their emotions on evil, they are being irrational (ignorant) and destructive.

Jettins \o/
Adept
AP/LD Count: 608

Postby Jettins \o/ » September 20th, 2013, 5:32 pm

Hello AstralZombie,

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been reading the book: Dispelling Wetiko – Breaking the curse of Evil by Paul Levy. I would like to share some of the statements from the book. The dashes "-" in bold & italics are my comments. A few points.

-----------------

There is a psychospiritual disease of the soul that originates within ourselves and has the potential either to destroy our species or to wake us up, depending on whether or not we recognize what is revealing to us.

- Accepting who we are, and recognizing elements of it is the way to liberate form evil.

By combining the Native tradition’s epression of this disease of the soul with my own articulation of this malady, based on personal experience, both our visions come into sharper clarity and focus.

- Connection between the inner and the outer realities. The lucid imagination of the physical brain and the objective astral experience.

Our species is clearly in the middle of a mass psychic epidemic, which I call “malignant egophrenia” and Native Americans call “wetiko”

Our transactions are an externalized reflection of the same shadow dynamics taking place within and between the different parts of our own psyche. Form the dreaming point of view – which sees the seemingly outer objective word as a dream that is speaking in symbols which reflect something within the subjects (ourselves).

It is as if the light needs the darkness in order to reveal itself, for not only is the darkness revealed through the light, but the light is revealing itself through the darkness.

- The light needs darkness to reveal itself. Recall experience “purging away aspects of the psyche” The need to “fight” to create a chain reaction that would lead into the light. How you arrived into the light gives insight into how you can get out of the darkness in the future. Recall experience this is done by the “willingness to help the darker side of you”.

Light and darkness are both expression of a single non-dual sentient presence.

- Recall your concept of the “wrath” and the boy changing his state from the “monster” (anger) into the boy.

The dream was a reflection of a process happening deep within the psyche – my personal psyche as well as the collective psyche – in which I was struggling with my own inner vampire, as well as the archetypal figure of the vampire itself that exists in potential throughout the whole field. I was literally being forced to come to terms with evil. Or else.

- The vampire (evil) exists in potential throughout the whole consciousness field.

Once I began chanting OM MANI PADMA HUNG, my “lucidity” – the awareness that I was dreaming – more and more kicked in. As my lucidity stabilized, I began to recognize that there was not external vampire, that the whole experience was taking place inside my own mind.

Lucidity and compassion simultaneously co arise, which is to say that the natural, effortless, energetic expression of recognizing the dreamlike nature of reality is compassion. Chanting the mantra of compassion is an expression of lucidity while simultaneously being a prompt and reminder of lucidity, what I call a “lucidity stimulator”. What this means is simple: the way to deepen our lucidity is to cultivate compassion.

- Actually it is a purpose and intention that resonates to the genuine self that promotes spontaneous lucidly. “Compassion” being an intention that resonates to the genuine self, but not the only one.

This clinging on to the false sense of self, this self-contradiction around a false identity, is itself both the source and the expression of wetiko/malignant egophrenia.

- Non-genuine, the pseudo self, creates the wetiko disease.

Those who are fully taken over by the psychically and metaphysically, beyond just the material body and physical possessions to the level of meaning itself.

- Be careful of not becoming carried away with the “need” to overtake, overturn evil, as this may create conflict within.

Art attains its greatest numinosity and ability to affect others when the creator of the work of art is re-creating themselves and being transformed in and through the act of creating the work of art.

- Remember to do the day journal that talks about how one experience may be creating the next one. The sequence of thoughts and emotions that give way to a new experience as the revelations move from one to the other.

Not merely a personal energy, wetiko is transpersonal in nature, having a daemonic agency, arising out of the archetypal realm of the collective unconscious itself. A power of nature, the daemonic is not an objectively existing metaphysical entity in the Christian sense, but rather, is an archetypal function of the human experience, a psychic as well as an existential reality in which we are participate.

- The bridge between inner (dream characters, thought forms) and outer (objectively and independently existing astral entities). The daemonic is the psychic energy that has the power to take control of an individual.

Being an archetypal energy that can take over and possess a person or a species [wetiko], the daemonic announces itself by drafting people into its service, enlisting human beings as an instrument of its full –bodied revelations of itself.

- Recall the many experiences in which forces have failed to influence their negative agenda. Psychic attacks and negative being encounters seemed to be ruled by a greater, permeating, archetypal force known as “evil”.

The daemonic draws power when it is not consciously re-presented in form.

- The daemonic sustains its power when there are not representing Forms (psyche into objects) during non-physical states that can later be understood objectively.

If the daemonic is not honored and treated religiously, however, it constellates negatively and turns truly “demonic”, in the destructive sense of the word.

- The "readiness state" that may be attained while working with the “deamonic” is a clear sign that the power to free ourselves from such forces exist within it. How we choice to interact after that point has the ability to transform the experience and therefore ourselves.

The daemonic is made up of inchoate creativity not yet “made real” or actualized by the ego.

- Daemonic or negative energy may turn “demonic” or truly evil, if awareness of itself is not acknowledged and treated.

It takes genuine courage to do battle with these internal daemonic forces and wrest from them the mythic “treasure to attain”, which is none other than our soul-filled selves. As we become accomplished practitioners of our art, we are increasing able to alchemically transmute on the spot the potential destructiveness of the demonic into stimulators of our own creative lucidity.

- The quest to remove the “negative energies”, wetiko becomes the conduit in which unawareness becomes objectivity, non-lucidity becomes lucidity, and being trapped within the illusions becomes freedom. Recall the astral experiences in which the node installation that was placed into your subtle body has the ability transform negative entities into neutral entities by bringing forth into objectivity a memory of a positive phase that may have existed within their past.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
AP/LD Count: 40

Postby hydro1 » September 21st, 2013, 2:28 pm

I'm all for the good. I can't recall any evil acts on my part maybe in dreams but not reality, last evil thing I did was,when I was younger I killed a cat, but only out of defence for my brother who was scared of it at the time. I picked it up and threw it into a wall and it started doing this like seizure movement on the floor and just died, I might have stolen a few times too. But . Other than that nothing. So I don't consider myself evil at all. I've always wanted to be a superhero actually. That alone should make a person good. But it depends on the cause.it all depends on the persons mentality ,his mental state of mind
Go hard or not at all

Return to Your Favorite Experiences