Ajahn Brahmavamso on meditation.

Discussion on meditation strategies in preparation to Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences.
uMonk

Ajahn Brahmavamso on meditation.

Post by uMonk » October 17th, 2011, 7:06 am

A great talk on meditation.
This method of meditation, is a way of letting go of the world outside, in order to access the world inside.
http://diydharma.org/method-jhana-ajahn-brahmavamso

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Ajahn Brahmavamso on meditation.

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 18th, 2011, 8:35 pm

Living life in a meditative and reflective way in my opinion is the key to frequent out of body experiences, there isn't enough talk on the lifestyle of those that are successful in out of body experiences. Usually people will try to approach it as another thing to learn, to do, "do this tech', "do that tech", when many times what is required is to "unlearn", unlearn the lifestyle that causes the internal voice inside. The anxiety to need to "do something", which is the reverse of what meditation really is.

Many simply have another path in their life, not everyone is suppose to do it. This is OK. Nobody can have a lifestyle with a 'tech', since a lifestyle is the process of realization and actuality, and not a 'tech' that starts and end as if it was a switch. This should be realized by many. Stop meditating with your iPhone people, instead unplug! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

uMonk

Post by uMonk » October 19th, 2011, 5:55 am

Totally agree, many many people are too interested in the quick fix “techniques” and do not show enough interest in the “way of life” and meditation aspect of things, in my opinion quick fix techniques are great at the beginning, but later on you will want to develop a mindset that allows one to stay in touch with his or her inner self always.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » October 19th, 2011, 11:12 am

uMonk wrote:Totally agree, many many people are too interested in the quick fix “techniques” and do not show enough interest in the “way of life” and meditation aspect of things, in my opinion quick fix techniques are great at the beginning, but later on you will want to develop a mindset that allows one to stay in touch with his or her inner self always.
The problem is that "quick fixes" are just that... QUICK FIXES. They'll eventually stop working, and stop working fast because they don't ever get to the root of the problem.