I'm starting meditation

Discussion on meditation strategies in preparation to Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences.
Phoenix
Initiate
count: 0

I'm starting meditation

Post by Phoenix » August 27th, 2012, 9:53 am

Hiya. Well, I've made the decision to begin meditation on a daily basis. I might even get my sons involved (8 and 11 years).

I've done some reading, and got some basics. I did a course years ago as well, but never kept up the practice.

One of the descriptions I liked was "a state of receptivity without expectation". Basically quietening the mind chatter, relaxing and focusing.

I'm thinking of starting it in the mornings with my sons. Maybe 10 minutes. I'll set a soft alarm on my iphone.
To help my sons especially, I bought a pack of candles today. Might help with the focus.

I'm also thinking of doing a longer session at night on my own. Maybe using binaural sounds (Holosync).

I just bought: 'My Big TOE: Awakening' by Thomas Campbell after seeing some stuff of his on this forum. Very matter-of-fact guy.
But for now, I'm off to read "Fringe Dweller on the Night Shift".
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: I'm starting meditation

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 27th, 2012, 10:46 am

Sounds great. Let us know how the meditation is coming along.

I haven't read "Fringe Dweller on the Night Shift" yet, I was told I should read it. If you find some interesting parts, you are welcome to quote them in this forum.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » August 27th, 2012, 10:56 am

Dude jettins i did a passage from that book in my passage post what you talking about...you sort of made abig deal out of it saying you have not started it yet....so i left it alone....also good luck with your meditation phoenix...and be sure you kids actually wanna do it...don't force it on them...not saying you are just lettin you know
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 27th, 2012, 11:01 am

I don't mind reading parts of it in advanced hydro.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Phoenix
Initiate
count: 0

Post by Phoenix » August 27th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Good point about not forcing the lads to meditate, thanks hydro1. That's a good insight.
Do you know, now that I'm turning my attention toward meditation and pursuing a direct experience, I've already found myself becoming more introspective. Realising when I'm acting without full awareness (usually afterwards though), seeking to become aware of my flaws so I can work at becoming clear. I want to travel light when I eventually go travelling (consciously).

That book has grabbed me! Even some answers to the dark astral question I posted here for my article. In fact so far I'd say it was one of the best I've read about the subject. Where's the quotes thread you started hydro?

Here's a quote in relation to the dark astral question I posted (similar to what you were saying about state-of-mind Jettins):

"As we die, the process of letting go is not always easy. Many souls carry the limited, familiar beliefs and thoughts of their earthly lives to the other side, holding on to them for a time before they are ready to experience the endless possibilities and the ineffable, unconditional love that awaits them. They cling briefly to the idea that they are not part of the divine, creative compassion that shapes the universe. With guidance, though, they can change frequencies away from the heavy emotions that keep them from realizing that they are one with the light."

And here's one that sounds like good advice. Lightening up.

"Reconnecting to Source is not difficult. Take notice of the sparks of joy, beauty, and gentleness in your waking life. Remember the kind word of a stranger. Watch a butterfly as it alights on a rose. Listen to the delighted laughter of a child as he kicks his way through the vibrant beauty of autumn leaves fallen on the sidewalk. Shift your awareness. These moments exist all around you all the time; you need only look for them. Grasp them in your mind and you will begin to feel the love that is around you, waiting patiently to be noticed."
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » August 27th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Yoga Nidra is my favourite meditation. It's so profoundly relaxing it's worth 5 hours of sleep.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » August 27th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Check under the books an philosophy thats where i put it...it will say book passages....i'm finna start back my third eye meditation i gave it two days off the weekend...i should be able to start fresh and where i left off at i'll let yal know.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 27th, 2012, 2:54 pm

Reconnecting to Source is not difficult. Take notice of the sparks of joy, beauty, and gentleness in your waking life.
People don't reconnect to source this way, instead they go to another dimension where those left behind may not see where they go into. It sounds heavily laced on new age belief than experimental knowledge.

Unconditional love does not always await all people in the astral, but it does in their dreams. Dreams while dead could be called the temporal dimensions, they can be beautiful indeed as ours or state of being changes. But this isn't heaven or reconnecting with a source. lol. Beings giving us plenty of love is not heaven, it's just beings giving us plenty of love as there is more too it.

The light effect that is seen is created by beings as a transitional visual queue and part of a gradual immersion process into higher states, to attract them into the light. If they are observant they could see they are moving form one dimension of being into another. Similar to when you give a banana to a baby and make him chase you. It's all fun and loving, it's for children. It doesn't end there. The psychic increase is essential for a spirit to realize what they truly are, to find and become aware of their parts. But I shall write about in depth at some other point, I will explain a little bit below.

Reconnection with source is about connecting to your higher self. The true ascension or "connecting to source" occurs when your final incarnation summons all your higher selves incarnation streams back within. It's usually easier to imagine things happening in a linear occurrence, after all this how we make sense of things in physical reality, but it operates differently in the astral. I spoke about our state of being in my earlier post, but this is confusing in itself, so I will explain more about it here.

--------

Can you explain to me how psychic potential and behavior is linked together to create our "state of being" to open, close and even produce ALL astral projection experiences and conditions after death?

For this I would have to touch on things I haven't spoken about before in this forum. It's not beneficial if the person or incarnation is not in a certain level of development. Many will simply let the game play out. This is OK as well, as fringe dweller seems to be suggesting.

Intention purpose and emotion Intentional and unintentional are the driving force of all experience in the astral dimensions (including transitional experiences of death and heavens). The behavior is the action of acting out the things mentioned on the last sentences. Can you explain unintentional? Sometimes people might not be aware of what needs to happen in order for them to understand an outcome (incarnation parts not being aware of how they affect each other). These become the unintentional effects of our purpose, which are usually unknown in origin (higher-self knows this purpose). A person might set a target as en expectation, yet this target might (or might not) be part of a greater fundamental understanding of their purpose of being/existing (higher-self spreads this knowledge across many lives as it does simultaneously). Finding out one's particular personal path IS the action of increasing psychic awareness in physical life and in the astral dimensions.

When a particular incarnation is in conflict, the lower psychic domains are experienced as a result of not flowing with what their inner experience…. (not following the light is a good way of putting it as the book says, yet this is only an initial stage. It is part of the experience package the higher self needs in its incarnations before moving out into higher subsystems of existence, closer to the true source, those that are honest with themselves after death are still trying to find out who god really is). The Higher-self has the ability to connect to its other parts and work with its incarnations (taking the form of special guides) to help fulfill the purpose of any given person or incarnation.

Intention becoming the driving force, purpose becoming the direction the compass is pointing towards, emotion becoming the way an experience is psychically sensed in relation to their inner senses which create the visual/sense/touched/smelled experiences.

The higher self is aware of this and will use this process to get its part ever closer to realizing their potential and eventual true re-integration when one particular incarnation calls for the others (incarnations are simultaneous and will eventually be called into the higher-self as each incarnations personal stories of progression and development (life-experiences, simulated heavens etc) built themselves towards this realization in a “state of readiness” basis they have all the time they will need in “heaven” if they wish. It’s also important not to forget that there is no time in the astral. This doesn’t mean the other incarnations cease to exist, it means the memory of many incarnations is experienced. These are powerful advance beings simultaneously existing, unlike the guides that have advanced but still limited ability. I risk confusing the reader with this information, I might have condensed it a bit too much.

The astral and existence is truly infinite, the stories we read and things we experience are designed to get us ever closer to questioning and asking what else is beyond the light. My personal thoughts written here are not conclusions as new realizations are possible, they are definitely not supposed to be universal as we are all in different stages of development. I remind the readers that my information can also be mistaken. I do not know everything. Once thing I can say for sure is that insight from my astral experience is that determining factor of what I write and not repetition of other sources.

Have a great day!

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » August 27th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Thru my meditation i think i just exp'd my pastlife....i was this guy who stood up to this leader guy who wasn't treating the middle and lower class equaly...every man he sent my way i defeated them til it was just him left...then me and him fought but i didn't win....but i over came him and instead threw him to the people he treated so badly....they killed him and cheered for me....but just as quickly as they cheer they all turned on me thinking they didn't want anyone over them like that again...so they killed me..i blacked out and came to somewhere else which i don't know i'm still piecing that part together....but it felt like it was probably the afterlife...i just remember seeing this very very tall female being whom i for some reason recognise as my daughter....and in this place i was a high leveled being myself people greeted me..thats all i remember from this whole exp...don't know what to research to even begin to confirm this. also in this place i went to this like mirror force thing and it showed
Last edited by hydro1 on August 27th, 2012, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 27th, 2012, 6:01 pm

Amazing isn't it.