I'm starting meditation

Discussion on meditation strategies in preparation to Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences.
hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: I'm starting meditation

Post by hydro1 » November 1st, 2012, 3:22 pm

How can i enjoy the ride whe the ride doesn't have anything good coming from it or nothing at all to show from the work i put in..sometime i can't even see or know when i'm progressing forward.....btw ddon't be a stranger to the site...i know you be busy and stuff...i like the fact that we can post back and forth like this....everyone else stay in chat...i can't chat tho.
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate
count: 0

Post by Phoenix » November 1st, 2012, 10:16 pm

Yeah, I enjoy discussing too. And we're on opposite sides of the planet heh heh! :D

Although I haven't had many amazing experiences in the field of, um, let's call it parapsychology, that's okay (although I have had some).
Most of my time in this field has been spent in books, reading about how to improve myself, and gain some understanding about the Big Picture.

That's the heart of this process I think. While the idea of zooming through other dimensions (whether of the mind or the great beyond) is a thrilling
concept, the only worthy goal of delving into this subject is to accelerate evolution - as a soul, as a person. Everything else is window dressing.

No matter what area of study I've looked at in this field, meditation comes up; over and over and over again.
That's why I recently decided to finally get started in earnest...after talking to you and Jettins as a matter of fact. ;)

It seems that meditation is the key, because it does many things at once. It clears accumulated garbage out of our minds.
It gets us more in tune with our subconscious mind, soul, and the 'Source'. It opens the door to subtle but powerful shifts in our consciousness...
not even obvious to our conscious mind at first. The gradual evolution that results is necessary preparation, and the only
way for most people to access the non-physical. That's my impression after years of reading.

I have been wanting to delve deeper and have some first-hand experiences for myself for some time now, but never got around to it.
I've been meditating for a couple of months now, and I've already begun to have some experiences - the vivid imagery I mentioned above.
Not totally amazing I know, but still something. A definite, real, personal experience that is out-of-the-ordinary. Wow.

So if you're feeling stuck and frustrated, my advice is to let go of the process and not expect anything in particular. Just let it unfold.
Stop referring to it as "work". I like your signature line "go hard...", but that's not necessarily how you should approach it.
Make meditation your number one priority - it's the key to everything I reckon. The evolution, the experiences.

I've found the binaural beats and isochronic tones really helpful. Powerful tools for a newbie like me. I can actually feel the effects!
Of all the ones I've tried, my favorite all-rounder so far is Crystal Clear Mind by ennora (.com). They have sample tracks you can listen to.
Not expensive ($20). I've been hunting around for cheap headphones for a friend of mine who's interested in binaural meditation.
I came across "Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black)" on Amazon. I think I might buy a pair for her as a gift to get started.
Not expensive $25.

You should consider giving it a try daily for a few weeks and see if you can get in the 'zone' Hydro. Nothing to lose, everything to gain my friend.
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » November 2nd, 2012, 2:35 am

Yea i'll try to get back into my meditation i do miss my third eye visions.....and they happen with no effort on my part...when you get the chance read the topic jettins just posted bout beings and the future i said something that could possibly help you become lucid in your dreams...something we all go through....thanks for the advice
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » November 2nd, 2012, 2:46 am

I'll have a look for Jettins post during the weekend, thanks for the tip.

What are third eye visions exactly?
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » November 2nd, 2012, 2:57 am

Eh i'm still trying to figure them out......but what i see rarely makes any sense to me....if you wanna know more bout what i see....look in my journal under my meditation exps....i'm sure at the rate you're going you will probably soon develope it too.
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » November 2nd, 2012, 11:41 am

Hi Hydro, I skimmed through several of the threads on the forum for the first time.

I was thinking that you weren't having much success at this sort of thing, but looks like you've got lots of things happening. Packed full of experiences.
Lucid dreaming, astral projection, psychic phenomenon, and seeing spirits.
My meditation advice to you above seems a bit naive now.

Looking at many of the posts on the forum for the first time, I feel way out of my depth.
The stories are sometimes so exotic, that I feel my credulity being stretched (no offense intended to anyone).
The problem is that I'm part skeptic. It may be that since I haven't experienced much psychic phenomenon, the weirder the story, the less I'm able to assimilate it.

I feel like I've stretched my beliefs too far and like a rubber band, it has snapped back to skeptic mode. Hmmm.

EDIT: I've continued reading posts, and I'm back into open-minded mode. ;)

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » November 2nd, 2012, 7:04 pm

Yea keep that open mind..its the only way things will ever may sense to anyone even skeptics.....and those exps weren't even planed on my part...have of them just happened on there own and barely have any control over...trust me i didn't wanna do or see any of those thing i did exp....i have things i actually wanted to do....like go thru a mirror go and see jesus and alot of other stuff...but these happened instead uncontroled and in very short too...i barely have time to do anything i want.....altho the whole ghost one is something i been wanting to see since forever...thats my first time ever seeing a ghost in the physical...then again in the astral in the same day....but no worries you are well on your way....you still have some pretty decent exp....maybe you should try a AP technique now and see what happens...you may be surprised.
Go hard or not at all

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » November 2nd, 2012, 7:10 pm

I'm starting to think that AP isn't about what you wanna do or see but what you must learn from in order to progress spiritually and mentally....you must learn from exps and learn to decipher the symbolisms that come with it
Go hard or not at all