I'm starting meditation

Discussion on meditation strategies in preparation to Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences.
hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: I'm starting meditation

Post by hydro1 » August 29th, 2012, 4:17 pm

Wth was that all aboe ut lmao...it was likE the chinese version of popeye lol
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 29th, 2012, 4:46 pm

hahahaha, yeah!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » August 29th, 2012, 7:51 pm

@ phoenix i saw these superhero guys way before kick-ass came out so my guess would be no.....people just got tired of being walked over and all the crime and became heroes...i wanted to be one before the movie came out too...but it did inspire the who suit thing cause there was no way i would have been able to do the tech suits right away...then the movie came out and gave me the idea to just get regular costumes ...altho it would have to be awesome made out of what the movies make theirs out of...cause i see some of these outfits these people wear and it just make them look like geeks going to a holloween party...or maybe its the hd that makes movie heroes suits look so authintic...i was gonna add nylon lights to my costume to symbolize water for hydro...with an H insignia in the middle lit also.
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate
count: 0

Post by Phoenix » October 10th, 2012, 3:14 am

Hi Folks, Sean here again. Hope you've all been well.
Been busy and haven't had time to catch up with my reading and stuff...
but I have been meditating still.

I do a brief meditation session with my sons most mornings.

I have also been doing daily 30 minute sessions on my own, using binaural beats audio tracks I recently bought on the web.
I've found them to be really powerful. Put me in a deep trance-like state. Like hovering on the edge of sleep. I use really good headphones (broad range of frequency for the tones).

No astral OBE yet though. I've decided to be patient with it. Might take months or years for me. Maybe tomorrow.
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » October 11th, 2012, 4:48 pm

Well with the work you been putting in you have to have had some sort of exp besides AP like a vision third eye exp something...i'm sure you not just exping darkness are ya...what have you gained from your sessions
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » October 12th, 2012, 12:27 am

Nothing too dramatic, but there have been some definite effects.

The normal meditation I've been doing with my sons has had subtle effects. Like feeling less 'restless' and more calm.

The binaural beats effect has been more pronounced. As I mentioned, it gives me the feeling of being in a 'trance-like' state while I'm doing it.
Probably those lower brainwave states like Theta and Delta being induced. These are the ones that are associated with meditation and REM sleep.
Occasionally I'll gently drift over the line into a sleepy state, but then I'll pop back into conscious awareness, with a little startle.

For now I'm content to just let the feeling of this state wash over me, and hope that I'm doing some good.
Eventually I'd like to push a little harder and see what can be accomplished. For now though, I'm just being passive with it.
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 12th, 2012, 12:40 am

Looks to me like your on the right track Phoenix. Let us know how things come along.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » October 12th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Awsome my meditations have me wake with a startle also sometimes i'm drooling over myself when i come back lol...i usually put a lightening shield over me before my sessions and intensify it to the point i can almost hear it when i relax and just let what ever just come to me...mostly its always thru my third eye i see things....i don't use any binaural beat or anything cause they don't work on me
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » October 12th, 2012, 11:05 pm

The tricks to the binaural audio are: use a decent recording (I can post a link to a good online supplier I found - only $20 per track), and having good headphones (full ear cup, good frequency range - mine were about $80 from memory).

As a beginner, I've found it really helpful. Much more powerful than simply sitting, trying to quiet/clear my mind. I've found that I get into that deep state really quickly.

When I tried meditation in the past, I found it a chore. With the binaural audio, I look forward to my half-hour sessions. The result is that I am meditating every day for half an hour, and often more than one time.

After watching a video posted on this forum with Thomas Campbell, bought a kindle book of his called My Big TOE. I'm enjoying it. One of the reasons it appeals to me is that he's a scientist (a physicist) that found himself investigating meditation, which lead to all kinds of other stuff. A no-fluffy-stuff scientist that began to experience all kinds of stuff including OOBE's. One of the methods they employed in their research lab was binaural audio.

My thinking is that if you can use modern technology to accomplish what might normally take years of practice - use it.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 13th, 2012, 12:38 am

I would like to know which track you're using. Let me know.