I'm starting meditation

Discussion on meditation strategies in preparation to Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences.
Phoenix
Initiate
count: 0

Re: I'm starting meditation

Post by Phoenix » October 13th, 2012, 1:18 am

After doing some research on the net, I came across a company called Ennora (.com).

I bought one called "Astral Projection" (alpha brainwave state), and used that for a while.
Yesterday I got one called "Crystal Clear Mind" (alpha/theta).
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.
The quest turns from without to within and the search for answers begins."

Rodge
Initiate
count: 3

Post by Rodge » October 13th, 2012, 7:05 am

Hy!

Concerning meditation... Jettins postet this youtube lecture by Tom Campbell. He made some very good statements imo. Meditation is not a big deal in the end. It's just about making the chatter in your mind stop for a while. Some seconds, then some minutes and maybe as long as you want when you get good at it.
What I thought is most important is not to get used to a specific technique, place, time or tool like binaurual beats etc. but use them all alternately. So you can achieve the altered state of meditation anytime anywhere you want.

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » October 13th, 2012, 9:52 am

Hi Rodge. Yeah, I watched that one. Spurred me on to buy his book My Big TOE.

I totally see the sense in not tying yourself to a specific tool with meditation, so that you can do it anywhere, anytime.

I have been finding the binaural thing helpful though. Kind of like that download program they had in the movie the Matrix. :shock:
"At some point, the illusion breaks down and the opening for the start of the spiritual quest commences.

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » October 30th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Using this thread as a kind of journal, so here's my latest update.

I've been continuing my meditation. I'm still using binaural beats, and I've also started using Iso-tones.
The audios have helped me get deep 'into the zone' quickly, and keep me practicing daily.

I have been noticing improvements. More aware and calm and focused.

My dreams have been getting more vivid as time goes on too.
Might soon be time to put some lucid dreaming techniques into practice.

Interesting snippet of a dream I had recently. I came across some kind of tribal warrior stuck in sand up to his thighs.
I helped him out and he accompanied me. Later, he was drinking out of a bottle and suddenly sat bolt upright.
It flashed through my mind "ah oh, he's going to be sick" ha ha! But instead he let out a full bodied war whoop! :D

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 30th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Hello Phoenix,

Good to hear that your mediation sessions are working out for you. I hope you lucid dream soon.

Take care!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » October 31st, 2012, 6:29 pm

What did you learn from this dream you had every dream is more then a dream its an exp in itself a learning exp that is...good job keep it up
Go hard or not at all

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » October 31st, 2012, 6:33 pm

What did you learn from this dream you had every dream is more then a dream its an exp in itself a learning exp that is...good job keep it up...good thing you have the patience to wait on an exp to coming im not the patient one...i get fusterated...when i put in so mucch hard work just to come up with nothing.
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » October 31st, 2012, 9:27 pm

Howdy Hydro! :)

I've started to read a book called "What your dreams can teach you" by Alex Lukeman. Was highly recommended. I'm not very far through it yet though.

Unlike those cheap books which have a recipe for every image, it seems it's more about giving some personal thought to what it means as a symbol. Like charades. Um, two words; starts with... :P

Not being too good at it yet, but if I was to guess, I'd say that maybe the tribal warrior image could be a symbol of elemental energy and determination. Who knows...could even have been a spirit guide saying hello, heh heh! The fact that he started out partially buried and I helped him out seems to indicate that I am unearthing this energy from within my own subconscious or higher self. Or something. What a war whoop that guy had. WooooEeeeeHaaaaa!

Can you tell me a bit about your progress Hydro? How long have you been working this stuff? Have you been meditating for long? Have you had many experiences? Personal development? Lucid dreams? OOBE? Anything?

By the way, for the journal, I listened to a 44 minute lucid dreaming Isochronic track last night before I went to sleep. The track came to an end. I took off my headphones and unplugged the cord from my Iphone, still semi-awake. I closed my eyes and almost instantly saw some extremely vivid images! I was genuinely surprised at how clear they were, and how quickly they surfaced! Not foggy like I'm used to. Funnily enough, the images were all in manga style, like Japanese animation, but with vivid details, highlights and texture. Actually, thinking about it; more like computer graphics or airbrush illustrations.

One image stands out in my memory. A tomboy-like girl (young woman) was standing in bare feet on a kind of invisible 'glass' floor, and I was also standing on the glass in bare feet - but we were inverse to each other with our feet in the same spot, only on opposite sides of the 'glass' floor. No other features were present - just a white, bright environment on all sides, with no 'up' or 'down'. It was a pleasant and light-hearted feeling. I was really surprised at how clear the imagery was. It has been one of my concerns that most of my dreaming until now has been foggy and blurry and not usually well-lit.

The track I was using was from unexplainablestore (.com), called (yep, you guessed it) Lucid Dreaming.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » November 1st, 2012, 8:48 am

Hmmm great interpretation of that dream.....and cool graphic imagine....can't wait to see/hear what you learned from that one......as for what you asked.....i been at this going on 6 years now, i've only had minimum exps with AP and i haven't been out of body long enough to really learn or gain any real good knowllege.....but i've run into many things to which i'm still trying to piece together as only one individual can....but sometimes me as an individual can't even trust my own judgements on my exps cause they maybe the wrong judgement....which is why i always look for others opinions on my exps....then i decide from there with theirs and my own interpretations and sometimes piece it together like that.....but it still doesn't quite seem right.....so i need to start thinking deep within.....with meditation still not that good at it...all i can do is sometime open my third eye to wich i'm still trying to understand and opening my chakras....thats still a learning in progress.....just been at it longer.S.A.Y
Go hard or not at all

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » November 1st, 2012, 10:45 am

Interesting Hydro. I can empathize with your frustration.

One thing instantly occurred to me. You sound determined, but maybe your eagerness is getting in the way.
From what I've read about spiritual/psychic development, the more you try to force things along, the slower you will go with it.
Maybe you could try letting go of the outcome and simply enjoy the ride a bit more.

I've got the desire in me too - to expand my consciousness, and have direct experience of the true nature of reality and its source. All that good stuff.
But sometimes I just shrug my shoulders; I'd still continue to study and practice even if I didn't get an AP breakthrough.
I'm confident though that anyone can have these experiences - expanded higher consciousness, psychic insights, AP and so-forth.