Personality Traits that promote AP/OBE/LD -Ideas in Progress

This discussion is for help becoming Lucid while dreaming, Lucid Aids, Increase Lucidity, Dream Signs & Recall.
avalinah
Initiate
count: 47

Post by avalinah » December 3rd, 2011, 12:40 pm

haha :D
You will find it in the site.
what site? :D i got the book off of someone else.. i never went to the site :lol:

i can't just try 3 times a week and not worry if it doesn't work out. why does it work for everyone else then..? i feel pressurized, and i feel inferior just by failing :(

Summerlander

Post by Summerlander » December 3rd, 2011, 1:52 pm

www.obe4u.com
why does it work for everyone else then
Notice the hyperbole in your statement. And this is not all. Earlier, you equated yourself as being unlike a normal person who dreams about work and day-to-day life. I, for example, seldom do that.

You've already realised that by trying to hard isn't the key. Try a softer approach. Perhaps by trying three or even two times a week will strangely yield results just as it is odd that all the effort you have put into it has not produced the desired outcome.

You are not inferior. As you said, it is only a feeling. Failing can provide clues on how to improve. There is only so many times you can get it wrong before the penny drops and the negative thoughts are not helping. Your mind has the power. Nothing else.

avalinah
Initiate

Post by avalinah » December 3rd, 2011, 5:05 pm

a normal person who dreams about work and day-to-day life. I, for example, seldom do that.
really..? nearly everyone i've previously talked to seem to have told me they dream about everyday things, so it's easy to catch it's a dream.. cause they do RCs just like that too. but my dreams are always random.. so i thought it might be why.
Perhaps by trying three or even two times a week will strangely yield results just as it is odd that all the effort you have put into it has not produced the desired outcome.
i've tried that, but whenever i "go easy on myself" and stop trying, i still get no results. then i just feel like i lost some good time when i could have tried :/

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » December 3rd, 2011, 7:09 pm

I don't dream of day to day things either-My dreams are often unrelated to my life in general, even the theme of some dreams fail to reflect what is happening in my life. I have a few things appear in my dream that i have in everyday life, and these dreams are usually more vivid, but they often do not have an extreme impact on the dream. I have frequent dreams of murder, and being in the army, and in jail, and sometimes in another world altogether but with a similiar theme blah blah blah. Either way, i very rarely dream of day to day things which is the point i was making.

Summerlander

Post by Summerlander » December 3rd, 2011, 7:49 pm

See...tomcat is one of us too! :mrgreen:

Btw, give the new SOBT a go. Be confident and more optimistic. ;)

avalinah
Initiate

Post by avalinah » December 4th, 2011, 9:57 am

i tried SOBT. but it didn't really yield any results.. some. i will explain, give me a minute :p

i did have one OBE at night, but i think it's mainly because i was dreaming of having one, rather than actually making the techniques work! but hey, whatever the way - as long as it gives results, yeah? :P

then i woke up 5 times and tried the SOBT techniques. none of them worked. then i also tried during a nap today, and they kinda worked one time, but then didn't right after that. if you care to find out more, it's all in my journal on this site.

so i think i know why it didn't work.

the thing is.. i wake up very harshly. don't misunderstand - i don't move. i don't open my eyes. but that doesn't help. i woke up with an "inside jolt". for example, i woke up from my nap with a rapid heartbeat. my body was freaked out! there's no way you can go back to the trance if you're body's feeling like this :p it just won't go back to sleep.

that's usually what happens to me. if i wake up, i WAKE UP. i am far too out of the dream state to go back in.
out of the 7 times i tried today, only two times it *half* worked today because i was still in the place where i could back in. the other 5 times when i tried it, i was already too far awake. but i can't control that. i guess i'll have to learn to wake up more slowly (but how do i do that?..).....

Summerlander

Post by Summerlander » December 4th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Check out the new SOBT and you will find great info there on how to manage awakenings and you will even find a very useful diagram explaining the algorithm for awakening.

By the way...dreaming of being in the phase is not the same as actually being in the phase. If you are dreaming of being in the phase, your brain activity will be equivalent to just being in the non-lucid dream state. If genuinely enter the phase, then the brain state is a hybrid between wakefulness and sleeping. Areas of the brain to do with the waking state are active and yet, you are lucid dreaming...being aware that you are in the dream world as well as the conscious and logical mind being present.

Not too long ago, I explained this to someone in the OBE Forum:
False awakenings are phase entries too. An individual, in this case, enters the phase unknowingly but questions the nature of the surroundings because self-awareness is present and the analytical mind can easily spot the illogical in the dream world.

Then you have wake-initiated and dream-initiated phase states (WILDs and DILDs). When you enter the phase from wakefulness using a separation method, you may at first wonder if you really entered the phase or if you simply got up physically. This may prompt you to examine the surroundings to be sure. You are, despite the uncertainty, in the phase state and EEG would confirm this.

In the phase, there is self-awareness and realism of perception. The latter, however, does not mean that the environment will always emulate or excel the waking world in quality. The phantom reality of the phase, in some cases, may require deepening (like tuning into a channel).

Whatever the case, self-awareness is always unmistakably present in the phase just as it is in wakefulness. For lack of a better word, you are basically fully awake in a dream world even if clarity is not 100%. In fact, because you are self-aware, lack of clarity may annoy you and prompt you to make the environment as crystal clear as possible.

Likewise, you may also dream about being in the phase but not be in the phase. Again, EEG would show this. It would simply be a non-lucid dream state where the idea of entering the phase plays in your mind and you dream about it as you would dream about running away from zombies and completely believe it. It is also worth bearing in mind that REM dreams can be extremely vivid and yet that does not mean that you are lucid (i.e. in the phase).

avalinah
Initiate

Post by avalinah » December 4th, 2011, 2:25 pm

Check out the new SOBT and you will find great info there on how to manage awakenings and you will even find a very useful diagram explaining the algorithm for awakening.
i did. everything i did this morning, i did according to the new SOBT. i've read that, i've seen the diagram and all that.

Summerlander

Post by Summerlander » December 4th, 2011, 6:23 pm

Give it time and practice. Intention has to be there 100% and there mustn't be doubts. If you think you will fail, then you will. It's like having a driving test. If you imagine and fear the worst, it will become your reality because it is the one you believe in the most.

Braveheart
Initiate
count: 20

Post by Braveheart » December 5th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Jettins, thanks for sharing that video Playlist :D

So far i've only watched the one you posted and i'm already hooked. It seems this he's doing this lecture in the same place Tsarion did his, where is this at?

I think an open mind, no expectation, and just pure curiosity helps promote AP/OBE/LD. Obviously intent is the biggest factor in any of this. If you really desire a Lucid dream, you'll achieve it. If you're fighting to make yourself believe you desire one just to experience it than chances are it wont happen.

I always to like to remind everyone; this is a SUBJECTIVE topic. There will never be complete STABLE knowledge because you experience what you allow your self too. We can only reach mutual agreements on the way we interpret our experiences.
"God help thee, old man, thy thoughts have created a creature in thee; and he whose intense thinking thus makes him a Prometheus; a vulture feeds upon that heart for ever; that vulture the very creature he creates."

Return to “Attaining Lucidity - Becoming Lucid, Increasing Lucidity & Prolonging the Dream State”