Tom Campbell: Our Reality Is Information

For the advancement and understanding of Astral Projection, Out-of-Body Experiences and Related Topics
Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Tom Campbell: Our Reality Is Information

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 22nd, 2012, 4:50 pm

In this informal interview in Atlanta June 8, 2012, Tom Campbell, author of My Big TOE, expands on the significance of the scientific experiment called the Double Slit in terms everyone can understand.

" If you understand the Double Slit experiment, you understand how our reality works".
He continues " Everything we do is not different from the Double Slit experiment".

This explanation is valuable to scientists as well as the general public. Tom takes a difficult subject and applies helpful analogies to clarify the implications of this scientific experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hzSjnPikIU

Tom's website is www.mybigTOE.com
Interview by Donna Aveni
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

PauliEffect
Initiate
count: 20

Re: Tom Campbell: Our Reality Is Information

Post by PauliEffect » December 18th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Jettins, what's your take on Campbell's claim that everything is Consciousness only?

What do you think exists?

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » December 19th, 2012, 4:32 pm

It would also depend on how he defines consciousness. If he implies that consciousness gives us the ability to reason, create and exist, then there is more than consciousness. Consciousness is the by product other processes. There are tangibles that exist outside reason and perception and are also outside the capabilities of consciousness. This would be like saying "there is only blood" and not including the veins, arteries or the heart. The astral dimensions have delimiters, these would be places or states where consciousness cannot interfere (I will save this statement to expand on it at some point in the future). Consciousness grows out of this giving itself the illusion that it's all about consciousness, it only appears to be.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

PauliEffect
Initiate

Post by PauliEffect » December 19th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Jettins wrote:This would be like saying "there is only blood" and not including the veins, arteries or the heart.
My impression is, that is close to what Campbell says. "There is only blood."
The veins are only virtual, they are made of blood.
The arteries are only virtual, they are made of blood.
The heart is only virtual, it's made of blood.
The nerve impulses are only virtual, they are the result of blood.
etc.

He goes even further.

When no one observes the veins/heart/arteries, nothing of that exists, not even
virtual.

When someone directs its attention to the heart, the simulation starts again,
ageing the heart the appropriate amount of time since it was last observed.

There is only blood.

The rest doesn't exist. It's only virtual.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » December 19th, 2012, 5:49 pm

I know what Tom thinks regarding the issue. I suspected you would say something like that. There is more to it than virtual, in the astral his concepts are less useful to me. I deal with functionality and practicality while in the astral realms, and not philosophy. I will let my experiences guide me as it is more useful to me in this case. Could probably be by the way I think and nothing more. Tom's point on this could be valid if I ignore a few things, so it's mostly valid but not fully. I've been deeper and father into astral existence than most though, maybe I shouldn't ignore things. My analogy wasn't good to explain what I meant.

PauliEffect
Initiate

Post by PauliEffect » December 19th, 2012, 6:28 pm

How does your point of view differ from Campbell's? What is "more"?

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » December 19th, 2012, 8:47 pm

"More" emphasizes on the meaning of things. It could be just word bias in my part, but I just don't like the word "virtual" used in this sense, to me it trivializes things and doesn't do service to what I've been through.

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » December 20th, 2012, 12:08 pm

It's very hard to find the right kind of vocabulary for things that are so outside of our perceived objective reality. It's something Tom himself said, that words have have different value for each person. By the term "virtual" I get the idea he's going for, but I don't think it's the correct term for it, may be for lack of a word that expresses the idea fully.