Knowledge aquired in Dreams - According to Spiritism

Discussion on Non-Lucid Topics and Normal Dreams. Questions, comments or insights regarding Non-Lucid Dreams
fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Knowledge aquired in Dreams - According to Spiritism

Post by fairyana » August 29th, 2012, 2:57 pm

The Spirit's Book, page 209:
""410. We sometimes, when asleep, or half-asleep, have ideas which seem to us to be excellent,
but which, despite all the effortswe make to recall them, are effaced from our memory on waking,-whence come these ideas?

"They are the result of the freedom of the spirit, who emancipates himself from the body, and
enjoys the use of other faculties during this moment of liberty; and they are often counsels
given you by other spirits."

- What is the use of such ideas and counsels, since we lose the remembrance of them, and
cannot profit by them?

"Those ideas often belong rather to the world of spirits than to the corporeal world; but, in
general, though the body may forget them, the spirit remembers them, and the idea recurs to
him at the proper time, in his waking state, as though it were an inspiration of the moment.""

This is just a little passage from the chapter on dreams. The whole (and there is lots more on this subject to discuss about) is here:
http://www.geae.inf.br/en/books/codification/sb.pdf Page 204.

uMonk

Re: Knowledge aquired in Dreams - According to Spiritism

Post by uMonk » August 29th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Many times I’ve had great ideas in dreams but forgot them when waking, I have retained some on occasion though, although I’m not buying that they belong to some "spirit world", I do agree that within altered states you can achieve a totally different level of thinking, creative people use it to help with imaginative ideas, some scientists use it to solve problems and monks often use it for all sorts of crazy things.

Thanks for the post.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » August 29th, 2012, 3:59 pm

I always knew there was something to dreams instead of just entertainment while sleeping......i will try to see what i can learn from my next one
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 29th, 2012, 4:31 pm

fairyana wrote:We sometimes, when asleep, or half-asleep, have ideas which seem to us to be excellent,
but which, despite all the efforts we make to recall them, are effaced from our memory on waking,-whence come these ideas?
I think that in these states we have access to the higher wisdom that is normally locked out by the prejudices of our concussions aware, ego driven mind. At the same time we exist in a medium where new ideas in the form of physic input from other entities are less filtered and discarded. We are confronted by looking at our true realities often causing new realizations.
fairyana wrote:What is the use of such ideas and counsels, since we lose the remembrance of them, and
cannot profit by them?
Improved dream recall will help retain at least some of the memories.
fairyana wrote:"Those ideas often belong rather to the world of spirits than to the corporeal world; but, in
general, though the body may forget them, the spirit remembers them, and the idea recurs to
him at the proper time, in his waking state, as though it were an inspiration of the moment."
Great statement. I would like to add that the ideas might not always come in the form of conscious thoughts, but also in the form of emotions and sensations. What I have noticed is that my brother has an ever increasing awareness. While in the dreams I explain to him about the realities of the realms and he seems to be retaining his memory, but only in the dream state.

What if I am connecting to him in a way that only his subconscious mind understands? And what if when he eventually dies has access to his dream memories? If there is a psychic link to him while I am having my experiences, then it might work even if he is unaware in the physical. This would be a blessing.

Thanks for sharing!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 29th, 2012, 4:40 pm

uMonk wrote:although I’m not buying that they belong to some "spirit world", I do agree that within altered states you can achieve a totally different level of thinking, creative people use it to help with imaginative ideas, some scientists use it to solve problems and monks often use it for all sorts of crazy things.
The way I see it is that we are the spirit world in our dreams, out-of-body and lucid dream experiences. It's hard to know in advance what we might be able to pick up from it, but as we have more conscious experiences we get closer to identifying our true nature.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » August 29th, 2012, 5:49 pm

My father, who loves composing music, has had a couple of dreams in which he heard music and in one occasion he actually remembered and wrote the melody down. When we see someone struggling to reach an answer and we know the answer, we might give them a hint or teach them the solution so that they can see where they got stuck in and move forward. Why wouldn't we do that in a spiritual level? It seems that's more or less what happens. But I also agree that a freed consciousness gains greater perceptions of things and might learn things it can't in the physical body.