AP within a regular dream?

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
MoxieMerle
Initiate
count: 5

AP within a regular dream?

Post by MoxieMerle » September 12th, 2017, 2:18 am

I've had about two or three dreams that have included me astral projecting within the dream. Not just dreaming about astral projection, but being projected while in the dream...but I wasn't lucid. Does that make sense?
Does this count as an astral projection? Like I know I was projected and I was pretty self-aware, but I couldn't control anything, and it was within a dreamscape. Would this just be a regular dream about me being astral projected? Should I include more context to help determine?

Joe
Initiate
count: 40

Re: AP within a regular dream?

Post by Joe » September 12th, 2017, 2:29 am

Projecting in dreams is possible yeah, some people even project from within a dream as their bread and butter technique. I've only managed it a few times.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » September 13th, 2017, 9:40 pm

yes this is a thing, sometimes its hard to decipher if you projected or not, but once you can make the distinction, its cool, like was you able to fly/float, was you able to phase thru objects, your awareness and feel of the environment, if you have all this then you projected, but you have not provided us all the details, so we can only speculate, me personally would love to hear the complete exp.
Go hard or not at all

MoxieMerle
Initiate

Post by MoxieMerle » September 14th, 2017, 2:34 am

Here's the first AP/Regular dream crossover I had:

I remember being asleep in the dream, but hearing a voice that slightly woke me up. It didn't startle me, it was just a slow drift to being mentally awake, while my body was still asleep. Suddenly, I could feel my body tingling and I started feeling really light/like I was falling, and I could see white/other colors (mostly white). I didn't freak out, though. It was like I was being sedated by something or someone specifically so I could astral project successfully. When I was out of my body, I could see something in front of me (it almost looked like Navi from LoZ: OOT) guiding me out of my room, through the living room, and out the living room window. It lead me down to the side walk, and I just knew where I had to go from there. I could hear someone calling me, like they were scared and panicking. I knew whose voice it was, but at first it was distorted. I ran down the street towards them. I could see Michael coming from someone's back yard out of the fog. He looked super relieved to see me, and held me tight and kissed my forehead (I noted in my writing at the time that physical sensation in the astral plane was "strange; it was like there was really low gravity, but everything was super sensitive to touch. Sound was different, too; very echo-y, yet clear"). "I'm so gald I found you," he started, "But we have to go. We have to run!" Michael took my hand and we started running, but I became really weak and I tripped, so he came back to help me, but then things got jumbled up and suddenly we were by a woman. We were by the strip-mall area by Perkins restaurant, and we were using a tall van as a 'shield'. The woman was probably around 23 years old, short dirty blonde/light brown hair, brown eyes, skinny, tall. She said something, but I couldn't understand what she said since I was still really weak and disoriented. But apparently Michael understood her because he agreed with whatever she said and thanked her. Michael took my hand and pulled me up, because apparently I was still on the ground. "We're okay now, just stay by me..." It still sounded fuzzy, but I could understand what he said, and I nodded. The scene changed around us, and suddenly we were floating above Caroline st (a block down from my mom's house where the dream started). Instead of floating back to the ground to walk, we drifted around. Michael brought us to a basketball court where a few friends of mine were playing basketball. There was a weird structure inside the court, too, that didn't really make any sense (they were almost like the staircases in the movie Labyrinth). The fog got worse as we drifted down towards them, and they sort of disappeared in it. I couldn't find Michael anymore either, so I started to panic a little. I heard 'psst' sounds, so I followed them towards the structure. They all had Michael's voice, but they still looked the same; I ran into one of my friends, who really scared me for some reason. I kind of screamed (more of a 'spooked' scream than an actually terrified scream), and tried running away, but I ran into someone else, which happened to be the 'real' Michael this time. He held me tight and whispered, "Shh..I know you're scared. It'll be okay, I promise."
And that's where the dream ended.

So, really, I feel like this might qualify as an AP experience, mostly because a lot of the qualities of the APing in this dream are probably similar to actual APing outside of dreams, I imagine. I haven't really been able to explore much in any of my regular APs, so I don't really know if that sounds like a normal experience.
And maybe APing in dreams is my subconscious' way of APing safely. I can't imagine it being actually unsafe in my own dreams, as opposed to an actual AP where I've heard it can actually be dangerous.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » September 14th, 2017, 6:54 pm

From what I read, its safe to say this was a projection within a dream, I had one of those myself. Also just the other day I was playing LOZ"OOT, and I like Navi, what was she like during your time with her, or could you not see her cause of the glow she gives off, man that game takes me back lol. When you say Michael, I'm guessing you talking about the archangel, or is it a guide of some kind not Michael the Archangel, but then again the Archangel wouldn't run from a fight, so it must be someone you know in your personal life. Since you were able to feel the sensations of the hug and kiss this too is referencing an AP, plus you were floating as well. Thanks for sharing, I will be reading your journal starting tomorrow, I see its quite long

take Care
Go hard or not at all

MoxieMerle
Initiate

Post by MoxieMerle » September 14th, 2017, 6:59 pm

Yeah, Navi gave off too much of a glow to really see if she had a body or anything haha. All I saw was a blue ball of light that had wings lol.

And actually, Michael is a dream/spiritual guide of mine, not the archangel or anyone I know of in my waking life. I sort of mentioned in my journal that I think he might be a soul mate, but I don't think he's in this life, so the only way we can communicate is through spiritual means.

But yeah, I labeled it in my Journal as an Ap/Regular dream crossover. Looking back in my dream journals, it seems I've had quite a few of these, so I might add them to my count.