My experience with Melatonin.

Topics relating to improvements in dream and sleep that could help increase Lucidity & Vividness potential.
Braveheart
Initiate
count: 20

Post by Braveheart » November 24th, 2011, 6:17 pm

I take Melatonin every so often because it tends to help my insomnia. On every account i've taken it, it took about 25-50 mins for me to feel it's effects. Which in my experience have been Drowsiness, foggy awareness as if I'd just woken up, and oddly less sense of feeling. Sleep comes easy and the rest is always flawless. I wake up feeling as if I got a full night's sleep but I don't feel completely energized. Mental performance is normal upon wakening and I feel no effect of the Melatonin.

In regards to dreams, I think it's important to note that I always have peculiar dreams upon taking the Melatonin. Sometimes the dreams even fade into lucidity but not all the time. The dreams always have some type of negative aspect to them in some manner or another. This does not mean they're full blown nightmares, simply dreams that surprise me with random scary things out of nowhere.

My normal dose: (1)Tablet=3mg
Brand: Nature's Bounty
"God help thee, old man, thy thoughts have created a creature in thee; and he whose intense thinking thus makes him a Prometheus; a vulture feeds upon that heart for ever; that vulture the very creature he creates."

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 25th, 2011, 7:29 pm

Great review. I have noticed similar results. During my dreams I haven't noticed negative type experiences while taking melatonin. I have noticed that the dreams can be feel more vivid and there can be a slight rush to them, but not increase in memory retention after waking up. In my opinion it can have enhancing effects, for example flying will be improved. I haven't noticed enhanced lucidity or the feel that its easier to become lucid when using melatonin alone.

The rush effect will not always be present, I think this could have something to do with the other foods and patterns that I am combining it with. There are other ways to improve lucidity potential, but I definitely will not recommend some supplements to those that still have difficulty attaining lucidity naturally. I will get to this post later on.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Braveheart
Initiate
count: 20

Post by Braveheart » November 25th, 2011, 11:28 pm

Thank You. I've actually felt the rush on one occasion so I know exactly what you're speaking of. I haven't noticed any type of enhancement but than again, i've never drawn back on memory of that. I should've mentioned how vivid the dreams are, as I have also experienced this. Also, the dreams tend to have emotional affect on me. In one case, I woke up overwhelmed by sadness because of the events in the dream.

I personally would never recommend supplements for any type of dream enhancement, whether it be lucidity, recalling, clarity, etc. Although, I do recommend taking them for the experience and I do respect their properties.
"God help thee, old man, thy thoughts have created a creature in thee; and he whose intense thinking thus makes him a Prometheus; a vulture feeds upon that heart for ever; that vulture the very creature he creates."